Derren Brown's Ministry of Sound Meet 23rd July 2016

AJ

Haha :) I can pretend I'm 18 again... I swear Smirnoff Ices aren't as strong as they used to be though, had a couple last year on a stag do and they tasted of nothing :P

Looking forward to this, am guessing I'll have to drink (responsibly) on spirits and maybe Stowford Press if that's on offer.

Will also be an exciting chance for my yellow Citroen DS3 to brave the Thorpe gravel-pit car park ;)

Well the night is been defined as house sessions. Listening to Ministry House Sessions online the last few days I'm not sure I would call what I heard house. I'm expecting we could be in for EDM and Commercial Dance on the night. One thing that does surprise me from a clubbing brand as large as MOS is that no DJ line up as been announced.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Do you think they'll play any Carly Rae Jepsen? Asking for a friend.

(Also - worth booking on early bird d'ya think?)

If you want my honest opinion I hope they don't play Carly Rae Jepsen, Its way to slow for a Dance night. I don't think they will because the night is "Summer House Sessions". Ministry Of Sound been a large dance music brand I honestly hope they stick to playing house. Though I fear they will stick in EDM and Commercial dance to.

Though to be fair I'm coming for a good day and night out so good music is just a bonus.

As for tickets I did buy a early bird ticket the other day but when I tweeted Thorpe they did say there will be discounts for annual pass holders but not on early bird tickets.

• 1 month later...

I have bought my early bird ticket. I have also been told it's official MOS DJs that play in the club in London. One thing that does surprise me is they haven't stated the names of the Djs that are playing on the night. My plan is to stay in travelodge as shark is expensive 

They have never announced any DJ line up previously either as far as I can recall. The MoS name is the draw, the DJ's themselves will be pretty much unknown, and are likely to be of similar quality to your local nightclub on an average Saturday night. You won't be getting a Pete Tong or Avicci so don't get your hopes up.

From my limited experience of making it to these nights, it's been a mixed bag DJ wise. The 90's night a couple of years ago started off with a fantastic DJ, but by the end of the night it was embarrassingly bad. Still a great night with the right people, but don't think of it as a 'serious' club night like MoS would like to believe they still are; it's a branded disco.

As ever, I won't be there. I'll be keeping the drunken buffoons of my local town safe instead, rather than being out and being one myself.