Fear on a Ride

Inversions for the most part aren't the scariest parts of a ride IMO.

Except Blue Fire's Heartline, and Dragons Khan's inversions are quite intense.

Nemesis Inferno is a good start, its not too intense, and is butter smooth.

Though Swarm for me is the least intense of the big rides of Thorpe.

Its pretty force-less and not as intense as Inferno.

16 minutes ago, ThemeParkCrafter said:

Inferno I find is more enjoyable. Best part of swarm is the drop, and the hangtime. What does zodiac/ slammer/ Samurai feel like on ride?

Zodiac makes me feel pretty sick in my opinion, samurai I've never been on ( always closed when I visit) slammer been on once kinda hurts your head

Zodiac is by far the worst and can do your head or stomach in, samurai does not have much force anymore and is pretty easy, slammer can give you a headache, but more importantly, make sure your shoulder restraint is loose otherwise you will come off and your shoulders will be knackered.

On 7 November 2016 at 5:14 PM, ThemeParkCrafter said:

Inferno I find is more enjoyable. Best part of swarm is the drop, and the hangtime. What does zodiac/ slammer/ Samurai feel like on ride?

Zodiac can be quite disorientating - I put off going on it for quite a while and it was the only one I needed to have gone on all the rides at Thorpe.  I was expecting it to be worse than it was - saying that I do take motion sickness pills which I think help massively especially with flat rides.  I would just personally not go near it if you've recently eaten!

Slammer looks a heck of a lot worse than it actually is - I love it bar one time when I asked the ride host to ram me into my seat tight and I was struggling to breath.  It sometimes makes me feel a bit light headed or headachy but it is a unique ride and worth trying at least once.

Samurai I love - I'm a bit of a wuss and always try to sit on the very inner seat but have ventured as far as one from

the outside- it's not massively intense but if you get a good cycle it's decent and worth doing.

• 6 months later...
22 minutes ago, ChessingtonSam said:

Where is the designated RAP seat on The Smiler?

I don't think there is a dedicated seat. You join the main queue at the baggage hold and then make your way to loading platform.  Bear in mind I have only done this once, so hopefully someone with more knowledge will come alone.

24 minutes ago, Roodie said:

I don't think there is a dedicated seat. You join the main queue at the baggage hold and then make your way to loading platform.  Bear in mind I have only done this once, so hopefully someone with more knowledge will come alone.

Ah okay then. In that case, where's the best place to sit for someone going on for the first time?

8 hours ago, ChessingtonSam said:

Ah okay then. In that case, where's the best place to sit for someone going on for the first time?

I don't think they allow you to choose, as far as I know. Went last July (I think) with RAP and I don't remember being allowed to go where we'd like. It probably depends how many people you're with/ how busy it is etc

On 24 May 2017 at 0:28 PM, ChessingtonSam said:

Try to get front row if you can - although most seats are the same you get a better view at the front

8 hours ago, 'Airtime Falcon' said:

That's more likely to happen at Thorpe ;)

Speaking of...

I'm going to Thorpe on Saturday. So, I can either wait til next Wednesday and ride the Smiler, because height and drops are what scares me the most and The Smiler's aren't that bad so I've heard, or ride one of the rides at Thorpe.

21 hours ago, ChessingtonSam said:

Speaking of...

I'm going to Thorpe on Saturday. So, I can either wait til next Wednesday and ride the Smiler, because height and drops are what scares me the most and The Smiler's aren't that bad so I've heard, or ride one of the rides at Thorpe.

If you're at Thorpe before you go to Towers then try to get on at least Inferno - also if you are planning on riding Smiler then it might be a good idea to try out Saw (trust me I know the thought is scary if you dislike drops and heights but it looks a lot worse than it is)

Like @ThemeCrafter264 said, once you have ridden a coaster you will wonder what you were scared of - the thought of Stealth and Saw terrified me at first but I now love them - my first ever ride on oblivion I was in tears going up the lift hill (had done Smiler the same day and was fine) then boom! The ride was over and I loved it - so give the rides a go if you can

• 10 months later...

Back in this thread again haha - got on Wicker Man which I was absolutely terrified of in the disabled queue so thats a step. Also got back on Thirteen which I didnt go on all last year, and I am no longer scared of Galactica either. Doubt I will get on Smiler or anything else, mainly due to time constraints, but its progress.