Long Term Plan

This sounds awesome, though I really do not see the point on yet MORE accommodation. Great to see that a new roller coaster is being planned though!

They want to make it a resort, as Towers is the only proper resort they have (and they don't own it), and all Chessie needs to become one is a full on waterpark

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Can anyone pinpoint any potential manufacturers for those two concepts based on the pictures?

Well one has what looks like Maurer track but Vekoma booster bike trains badly Photoshopped on, so Id say Vekoma because Merlin do this alot (See Vekoma Galactica), and other has track that looks like Arrow to me which I highly doubt.

I'd imagine the quad bike coaster will be Intamin. Same as Juvelen. :)

Never heard of Juvelen tbh, and didnt know Intamin did those? Either way, I don't think it'll be Intamin and it DEFINETLY wont be B&M. It looks like it'll be themed to Cheetahs or Kraken though.

Mack and Intamin don't have to be expensive. Loads of smaller parks are building Mack megacoasters like Nigoland. And Intamin only get pricey on new tech and bigger rides, a family launched wouldn't be that much for a company second only to Merlin :)

Yeah but I mean the designated budget for Chessie. Normally the bigger budgets go to Thorpe and Alton. Out of interest, how likely is it we'll ever see a coaster with an inversion at Chessie? It is a FAMILY park after all.

As 10 year plans go that is a very empty plan. 1 coaster and some accommodation over the space of 10 years?! I think I can safely cross chessington off my watch list, best of luck to them in there very busy 10 years ahead of them.

I doubt that's it. That's probably the first things coming, or the "headlines" so to speak that they'll promote to the council etc.

The LDP explicitly says 5-10 years. It could be within 5 years, and as with the likes of Towers and Thorpe planning permission here may not be required for smaller attractions (although it's been so long since they got a ride I can't even remember how it works). 

I really wish people would put their chin up and be just a little more optimistic when long awaited material is given to them. 

The LDP explicitly says 5-10 years. It could be within 5 years, and as with the likes of Towers and Thorpe planning permission here may not be required for smaller attractions (although it's been so long since they got a ride I can't even remember how it works).

I really wish people would put their chin up and be just a little more optimistic when long awaited material is given to them.

Exactly, but the thing is people will never be happy. Beg for a coaster for years, we get one, we moan because that's all we get. Pathetic, I for one have set my expectations high but not too high. I have no doubt that we'll get a well themed and thrilling family coaster, but I'm not expecting a big manufacturer or anything.

• 3 months later...

From Wikipedia, so of course, possibly (probably) false

"

In May 2016, drafts of a long term development plan were displayed in the Safari Hotel for neighbors' input. The plans highlighted the installation of a new roller coaster, possibly two. A new major attraction in 'Africa' as well as a large feature close by Hocus Pocus Hall. Safari Lodges are proposed behind 'Zufari'. Tiny Truckers, the Carousel, Peeking Heights and Toadie's Crazy Cars are expected to be removed to make way for these developments.[48]Plans to remove the Carousel are already underway, with installation of a replacement Carousel in the centre of Market Square (as opposed to behind the Square Gift Shop) already submitted for approval.

Bubbleworks is set to close on September 6, 2016 with the Factory "coming under new management" for March 2017. The ride system will remain, but the ride will receive a full re-theme to the children's storybook The Gruffalo."

What do you guys think?

It's part of the development plan that was put in earlier this year. It looks like you've commented on it above. Anyway the official document from the Chessington site.

Unless you're solely referring to the gruffallo bit at the bottom in which case time will tell.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.chessington.com/downloads/plan/local-residents/future-development-display-boards-2016.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwichrv34srOAhWoDcAKHbLtDSEQFggaMAA&usg=AFQjCNHjK8-tThRkIS0Gf_nM17hGHh1ZQQ