The Thorpe Park Fire

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

^Well if there was a power loss, the ride would stop anyway and the attendants would have had to run around quickly and evacuate everyone immediatly. You'll be surprised at the amount of training that the attendants/ Ops get actually. (although a fire doesnt nessersarily mean there will be a powerloss)I remember seeing the news at my friends house, I was well shocked. There was a video taken of the aftermath of the fire taken from Tidal Wave on SP, and the result of the fire looked rather catastrophic... So its safe to say it won't be returning, as well as the fact that Detonator and Nemesis Inferno are now in that area. I do hope they build another dark 'scary themed' ride soon though... Its what thorpe lack imo.Click 'ere for the Topic on SP and this is the quote...

The aftermath of the Thorpe Park Fire. Credit to Gentle Ben for editing, and micky p for filming.
(there is a bit of random X:/ No Way Out footage in the begining of the Video, just sit it out and you'll get onto the WWH bit) Edited by Cringle

There are two power sources for Thorpe Park. One from Chertsey, and one from Staines. They both enter Thorpe Park through Monks Walk, and I would expect that every ride has backup power, from one source or another. Wold be unlikely (but not impossible) that the power would stop, just because of a Fire. All the power is in cables underground, so it's unlikely that the power cables would be burnt as much to stop providing.Maybe I should be called Thorpe Park Expert? -_-

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

God this topic is full of gone away people, and the first page member stuff is soo screwed!It's well mentioned that it was a cigarette that caused this fire, however it was apparently an electrical fault. Remember reading this on a document somewhere weird.

• 1 month later...

I found a video on youtube, but its got a boring video of x:/ no way out first? but afterwards its got pics an video's of the fire dammage at TP!

On that video you can see the misters working on X, good find!Imagine being the person that started the fire, the shame! :) Edited by Mer9
Combined the two posts