Video Game Music

Charlesberg

In video games, music plays a big part. We remember many themes such as 'Super Mario Bros.' or 'Angry Birds'.

These days we have many orchestrated video game themes which we associate with the game itself so we end up loving the theme, even if it's a genre we normally hate (I like orchestrated music normally).

My favourite video game for music is Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, much of it is orchestrated and it just sounds amazing. The music is taken very seriously in this game (unlike other Mario games (except Super Mario 64)).

Here's the credits theme for Super Mario Galaxy (1):

I am aware that there are many other video games themes which people may think sounds great so just post pretty much anything about video game music.

Great shout for a thread! :D

Okay so obviously I'm a huge fan of Bethesda and their games. Fallout 4 has some incredible soundtrack...but then again there's also Skyrim. Honestly can't wait for the day it becomes backwards compatible for XBO! :wub:

EDIT: Also gonna leave this here... ;)

Thought I'd plug two more in:

They say a remake is never better than the original, but as much as I love the main theme for Fallout 4, it is pretty debatable once you've heard the Spinner remix:

Also, definitely agree with Equoaster's appreciation for the music in Super Mario Galaxy. I've always known that game to have some incredible orchestra...particularly Gusty Gardens Galaxy. Honestly it makes me so happy to own a copy of both games :wub:

23 hours ago, CoasterDude said:

Also, definitely agree with Equoaster's appreciation for the music in Super Mario Galaxy. I've always known that game to have some incredible orchestra...particularly Gusty Gardens Galaxy. Honestly it makes me so happy to own a copy of both games :wub:

I'm just glad that I have the Super Mario Galaxy Original Soundtrack Platinum Edition.

I got it from Club Nintendo using points, now Club Nintendo no longer exists so to get it you'd probably need to spend about £50 on ebay or something as they're limited in numbers.

Just hear the soundtracks whilst playing the game, the music isn't the only reason Super Mario Galaxy is my favourite game though ;)

'The Part Where He Kills You' is undoubtedly my favourite chapter in Portal 2. Really does take me to the edge of my seat...partly thanks to the music:

...and totally not forgetting the other reason why I love this chapter...especially if it's your first time playing ;)

GLaDOS: "Well, this is the part where he kills us..."

Wheatley: "Hello! This is the part where I kill you!"

*Chapter 9: 'The Part Where He Kills You'*

*Achievement Unlocked: 'The Part Where He Kills You'*

:lol:

On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 6:24 AM, Whatever said:

Sorry but Wii sports Resort is the only one for me, wii sports can go rot at the bottom of the box where I store my wii games.

Ah, the memories.

Never had resort tbh. Got the original with the Wii in 2007. By the time Resort came out I had my XBOX 360 I think.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...