Thorpe Park Trip- July

I am planning to go to Thorpe park sometime in summer. I am not planning to do any of the more intense flats or saw/ Colossus. From looking at queue times, I have realised not to do depth charge or swarm first. Is it a bad idea to do storm surge earlier on when there are shorter queues?

Any tips would  be much appreciated!

Storm Surge does tend to get big queues so doing it earlier might not be a bad idea. Saying this, personally, I'd ride a coaster first because they tend to be popular. Maybe try Inferno and then head to Stealth.

I wouldn't classify Storm Surge as a must ride so don't focus too much on riding it. I find it kind of dull. Don't stress out about riding everything - it means that you can't relax and enjoy the park. 

Have lunch either early or late, because that can dramatically shorten your queue time.

Don't forget less publicised attractions such as X, Rumba and Angry Birds 4d. All of them are great fun.

Ride The Swarm near the end. Due to its proximity to the entrance, it is very popular in the morning so if you wait it will probably have a 20min max wait in the afternoon.

Enjoy your day and hope this helps!

Stealth and Inferno are good ones to go to first as you will literally get straight on both of them. If you are bothering with IAC I'd recommend doing then when it opens at 10 as well as that keeps a queue throughout the day. 

I don't think it makes much difference on Swarm, but the front row queue is always short on the Swarm due to there no being a specific queue, so I'd recommend doing it if you haven't before :)

Personally, I'd say head to Stealth first (if you're planning on doing that), then Inferno.  Check out IAC, but be wary that at the beginning of the day the wait time can be quiet a while because they have to wait for a group of size 10 to go through.  Afterwards, do X and Storm Surge before the queues get too large.

From there, anything else of interest to you should have reasonably short queues.  Wait till mid-to-late afternoon for Swarm and Depth Charge.  If you're planning on ride Ghost Train (assuming it is open), just wait till near the end of the day; you'll have done everything else and you're going to have to wait a whlie for it either way.

2 hours ago, ThemeParkCrafte said:

Is angry birds 4d worth trying? I did ice age at towertowers and found it meh

I really like angry birds 4D. It's much better than Ice age IMO with more affects and seat movement.

If the next show is in 10 minutes or less, then give it a go. I find it very fun.

Swarm I have found can vary on queue times - maybe because it is sort of on its own.  I've headed over there on relatively busy days before at varying times and it's been almost walk on.  I would try to get front row if you can

Depth charge won't get you wet - much like Rumba Rapids!  I've not actually bothered with Depth Charge since 2013 but only because it can accumulate quite a queue but it's an ok ride

Give Angry Birds a try - it's not bad and gives you somewhere to sit for a while!

19 hours ago, Han30 said:

Swarm I have found can vary on queue times - maybe because it is sort of on its own.  I've headed over there on relatively busy days before at varying times and it's been almost walk on.  I would try to get front row if you can

Depth charge won't get you wet - much like Rumba Rapids!  I've not actually bothered with Depth Charge since 2013 but only because it can accumulate quite a queue but it's an ok ride

Give Angry Birds a try - it's not bad and gives you somewhere to sit for a while!

And Angry Birds is drier than Depth Charge!

• 1 month later...