TPM Emergency Dreamland Meet September 24th 2016

Celia Mae

Which date should the Emergency Dreamland meet be?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What date(s) can you attend the meet?

• Saturday 30th July 2016 (11am - 9pm)
    • Sunday 31st July 2016 (11am - 6pm)
    • Saturday 24th September 2016 (11am - 5pm)
    • Sunday 25th September 2016 (11am - 5pm)

This poll is closed to new votes

Hi everyone! :D

Due to popular demand and current circumstances we have decided to add an extra meet this year to Dreamland Margate! Have looked through the diary and found two weekends a reasonable distance away from other meets; so the provisional date for this meet is Saturday the 30th July 2016. Because the two dates are so different the opening times of the park depend on which date (and even which day of each weekend) is chosen, so I will put these in the poll next to each option.

The plan for the day! Park opens at 11am so we will meet outside the main entrance and ticket area at 10:15 to allow everyone to sort their tickets out. As soon as the gates open we will enter the park. I will hand out my number to everyone going so if you're running late please let me know and we'll arrange to meet you later, we won't wait!

When we get in we will head on the rides, probably starting with the Scenic Railway :) At lunch (somewhere between 12 and 1) we will split off and go to eat where we want. After we will meet by the big wheel, before taking the group photo, and then continuing to do rides until the end of the day.

As always with the meets we aim to stay together for the duration of the day, so if you don't want to do a certain ride or activity please be patient and wait, or go and do something else and arrange to meet us elsewhere afterwards. Also, everyone is welcome! If you're new, old, new to meets or a veteran of the forums, no one is uninvited.

Please post here or PM me if you have any issues or questions or are a bit nervous, I can assure you we don't bite! Please also post or message me if you're attending, else I won't know you're coming! :D You are welcome to bring guests with you, though please let us know what their name is so I don't just write them here as 'Plus 1'. I will endeavour to keep the list here as up-to-date as possible.

Attending the meet (0):

10 minutes ago, KingNemesis said:

I'm up for 30th July, make the most of the late opening! Can we possibly do something the Sunday too? Probably not Dreamland as its not really a two day park but something nearby.

The first part was my thoughts exactly when I made that the provisional date! :D 

As for the Sunday, I have no problems with this, apart from the fact that I don't really know the area and a quick google search hasn't turned up much to do locally :unsure: I know that's probably a downside from you coming from so far away :( 

Just now, Celia Mae said:

The first part was my thoughts exactly when I made that the provisional date! :D 

As for the Sunday, I have no problems with this, apart from the fact that I don't really know the area and a quick google search hasn't turned up much to do locally :unsure: I know that's probably a downside from you coming from so far away :( 

Yeah, that's the downside however I would like to visit the park before it (potentially) closes.

1 minute ago, Equoaster said:

I'll make these last moments of Dreamland count.

Remember, it's only entered administration - so there's still a chance that it will pull through and have a good-looking future.  For the time being though, I of course agree:  make the visits whilst we can and support the place as much as possible!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello everyone, an update on this meet.

Unfortunately when going on to Dreamland's website to look at tickets for Saturday, the park has decided that it's closed for a private function that day, which wasn't on there when I originally looked at the dates for this meet. :(

Due to this, we will have to cancel this meet for now, I hope to reschedule it for some point next year! :lol:

• AJ unpinned this topic