M & D park Motherwell, incident

planenut

I'm shocked that this has happened and am upset that yet another incident is not only doing bad for theme parks but is also causing people to get hurt.

However, I can't say I'm surprised with M&D's types of coasters and track record. If this were an Alton or Thorpe coaster, I'd be in shock like I was with the Smiler crash. But with a park full of rusty and rough Pinfari thrill coasters, I almost felt as if this were inevitable. Even the look of the rides scream unsafe. I wouldn't be surprised if M&D's had to close after this, whether that's before or after the inevitable litigation from the victims and their families (not to mention Pinfari is already in the dust, so M&D's is on their own). Big and rich Merlin can handle a lawsuit and a drop in attendance, but for a small park like M&D's? It could cripple them.

Hopefully all of the victims will be okay. 

A truly terrifying incident; I can't think of any incident where a coaster train has literally derailed off the tracks RCT style?

Thoughts go out to all victims and their families; let's hope that the injuries aren't life changing (it's a miracle we haven't heard of any fatalities!).

• 3 years later...