First Time Visting

Dr0idd

Hi guys! First thread for me is fittingly about my first ever visit to Thorpe. I visit towers quite often and decided to attempt to get 12p tickets, which I somehow luckily achieved, thus I'm taking my mum and younger sister to Thorpe. (Both are above. 1.4m)

We're visiting this Saturday the 1st July and wondered of any tips or a day plan if possible? We may purchase a one shot fast track if its mega busy (which is affordable considering our ticket price). I and my sister will be riding all the coasters and flats, whereas my mum will stick to anything that doesn't invert (she's past her thrill seeking days). So yeah, if you guys could shoot us some ideas of a plan and some recomendations that'd be great. We'll be there for the whole day from 9:30-6.

Thanks!![emoji4]

If you're going on the Saturday it'll be quite busy, so be prepared for longer waits. The best (free) way around this is to make sure you are there well in time for opening as it takes the first hour or so for the queues to build, be one of the first in and hit a couple of coasters immediately. 

My advice would be Colossus, then Saw, then Inferno. To do this walk straight through the dome, out the doors at the back, turn left and walk straight ahead. Leave any messing about in shops or taking in the view until later! You'll go passed a sign with queue times on straight ahead, if it says these coasters are closed then just head towards something that's open instead! Veer towards the left of the X pyramid and you'll  find yourself walking under Colossus cobra roll, the entrance is on the right at the 'back' of the ride. When you exit turn right and Saw is on your left. When you exit turn left and follow the path round to the right and Inferno will be on your left. Don't be destracted by the flats which should keep shorter queues throughout the day.

With a bit of luck you'll have three major coasters done in the first hour or so and then relax and do what you fancy.

As the park is physically small try and hit things with smaller queues as they occur,  using the queue times website. Unfortunately the queue times are notoriously inaccurate,  but do provide a rough guide. Stealth maintains it's long queue all day, you'll just have to wait or fastrack it. If it shuts and you get lucky noticing it opens get there before the queue builds back up. Swarms queue generally reduces in the afternoon,  so leave that till later.

X gets a disproportionately long queue, don't expect a major ride in there, but your mum should enjoy it. Don't waste your time on Storm Surge, do the other water rides if you have to choose for time.

Save her standing on her own your mum can queue with you and just not ride when she gers to the front, crossing straight to the exit. There aren't so many smaller rides for your Mum, if she's feeling brave get her on Inferno, Swarm and Stealth as they are pretty smooth, she should probably avoid Saw and Colossus which are a bit rougher.

Have a great day!

If you're going on the Saturday it'll be quite busy, so be prepared for longer waits. The best (free) way around this is to make sure you are there well in time for opening as it takes the first hour or so for the queues to build, be one of the first in and hit a couple of coasters immediately. 

My advice would be Colossus, then Saw, then Inferno. To do this walk straight through the dome, out the doors at the back, turn left and walk straight ahead. Leave any messing about in shops or taking in the view until later! You'll go passed a sign with queue times on straight ahead, if it says these coasters are closed then just head towards something that's open instead! Veer towards the left of the X pyramid and you'll  find yourself walking under Colossus cobra roll, the entrance is on the right at the 'back' of the ride. When you exit turn right and Saw is on your left. When you exit turn left and follow the path round to the right and Inferno will be on your left. Don't be destracted by the flats which should keep shorter queues throughout the day.

With a bit of luck you'll have three major coasters done in the first hour or so and then relax and do what you fancy.

As the park is physically small try and hit things with smaller queues as they occur,  using the queue times website. Unfortunately the queue times are notoriously inaccurate,  but do provide a rough guide. Stealth maintains it's long queue all day, you'll just have to wait or fastrack it. If it shuts and you get lucky noticing it opens get there before the queue builds back up. Swarms queue generally reduces in the afternoon,  so leave that till later.

X gets a disproportionately long queue, don't expect a major ride in there, but your mum should enjoy it. Don't waste your time on Storm Surge, do the other water rides if you have to choose for time.

Save her standing on her own your mum can queue with you and just not ride when she gers to the front, crossing straight to the exit. There aren't so many smaller rides for your Mum, if she's feeling brave get her on Inferno, Swarm and Stealth as they are pretty smooth, she should probably avoid Saw and Colossus which are a bit rougher.

Have a great day!

Thanks for that, such a good help! Are there any good places to sit for coffee or similar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, pluk said:

Thorpe has a queue times website? Could you please tell me the address?

1 hour ago, Dr0idd said:

Are there any good places to sit for coffee or similar?

The dome (the bit you'll walk through shortly after entering the park) has many places to sit and has the Coffee Shack which servers hot drinks. Alternatively there are a lot of places around the park selling hot drinks from stands, if you buy from them you can just go and sit on a bench somewhere :) This map shows all the places to get drinks, you can pick one up at the park entrance on the day too:

park-mapside-2016-final-no-folds.jpg

58 minutes ago, Mermalizer said:

Thorpe has a queue times website? Could you please tell me the address?

https://queue-times.com/parks/2/queue_times

57 minutes ago, Benin said:

And miss out on a cred? If you wanted to avoid any ride that provided pain that's a damn high number of missed creds...

I'm not saying that, if you want the cred then fine, but for any other reason it's not worth it. Boring, jolty, painful, uncomfortable...

Fish isn't in the least bit painful. It's a rattly old kiddie coaster like all the others that doesn't go fast enough to exert forces that could amount to pain. 

Considering what the likes of Colossus and Saw can do to you on an off day this Fish comment is quite bizarre, and frankly not very helpful to a first time visitor.

3 hours ago, CharlieN said:

^That's if you count powered coasters as creds. Which I don't.

I've always found this a strange choice, most powered coasters do coast at some point in their layout (especially ones like Fish), so what doesn't make it a cred?

11 hours ago, pluk said:

Fish isn't in the least bit painful. It's a rattly old kiddie coaster like all the others that doesn't go fast enough to exert forces that could amount to pain. 

Considering what the likes of Colossus and Saw can do to you on an off day this Fish comment is quite bizarre, and frankly not very helpful to a first time visitor.

I've never been on Saw or Colossus, and Fish always hurts my back and elbows. Literally never had a good ride on it. Compare that to, say, Vampire, where I've only had one bad ride.