Wooden Coaster at Thorpe Park & Hotel Expansion

CallumSyxr

I think that THORPE PARK RESORT  and Merlin Entertainments should add a new woodie to THORPE PARK RESORT in the Old Town and I think that THORPE PARK RESORT should place this Wooden coaster at the location of Saw - The Ride And Samurai and I think that they should move saw and Samurai to the island behind stealth and I think there should be a new area and this will include The Swarm as well and that they can make this area like the Dark forest at alton towers.I also believe THORPE PARK RESORT should Expand the hotel and this could be by knocking down the thrill workshop and replacing it somewhere else in the future, I think they should expand because the rooms are tiny and I think they can do this, I do love the theme of the Hotel so I would keep that the same.

I can't see them getting rid of Saw the ride just yet! 

A woodie was proposed when they were planning saw but they went for Saw - to be fair to them it's been very successful!

we have a topic here where you can post exactly what you would do if you was in charge!

I think if Thorpe did get a woodie it would probably be an RMC. I just think the 'gimmick' of RMC would do well at Thorpe's location.  I'm pretty sure most teens* at the park would rather go on a ride with inversions and a potential launch than a classic woodie.

*I really mean the type of teenager you find at Thorpe Park. You know what word I'm referring to...;)

17 minutes ago, Celia Mae said:

Not the way they're going at the moment...

image.jpeg.3e9f1f138a383a4ce69dc673bd6edc45.jpeg

That was just a motor lock up, not as drastic as it looks.

I have thought for many years that Thorpe should get a woodie. I think it would compliment the park well and offer a variety of coaster type.

I dream that Colossus will just be bulldozed and a mack mega put in it's place but that's a pipe dream.

If a woodie is built, please be a more exciting layout than Towers appears to be.

On 7/8/2016 at 9:10 PM, Graeme said:

That was just a motor lock up, not as drastic as it looks.

I have thought for many years that Thorpe should get a woodie. I think it would compliment the park well and offer a variety of coaster type.

I dream that Colossus will just be bulldozed and a mack mega put in it's place but that's a pipe dream.

If a woodie is built, please be a more exciting layout than Towers appears to be.

If they get rid of Colossus they should take Storm Surge and X with it (actually a fan of Colossus).

If SW8 is successful, a Thorpe woodie seems likely after they got two Gerstlauer coasters in a short timeframe.

Edited by 3Dimensions
Poop

I'm a bit confused why this topic is called hotel expansion as well seeing as we already know the Thoroe Park Hotel is now going ahead which will lead to the eventual removal of the Thorpe Shark Hotel anyway...

In regards to them getting a wooden coaster, I can definitely see them getting an RMC once they can construct coasters longer than Colossus, however I don't see this happening if Alton's SW8 doesn't do well.