Queue boredom-beater

ArtfulRaceHorse

Does anyone have any tips for beating boredom in the queueline?

A group of us made an in-queue game for 2 or more players: 

One person in your group thinks of and states the name of a ride/attraction beginning with A. The next person repeats the first person's answer, adding their own answer for a ride/attraction beginning with B. The next person repeats the first two rides/attractions said by the first two people and gives an answer beginning with C and so on. It's even more fun if you think of a ride with the longest name possible! Haven't really figured out what happens if someone can't think of one of the answers/takes too long/gives a wrong answer!

Enjoy!

On 08/07/2016 at 5:07 PM, ArtfulRaceHorse said:

Does anyone have any tips for beating boredom in the queueline?

A group of us made an in-queue game for 2 or more players: 

One person in your group thinks of and states the name of a ride/attraction beginning with A. The next person repeats the first person's answer, adding their own answer for a ride/attraction beginning with B. The next person repeats the first two rides/attractions said by the first two people and gives an answer beginning with C and so on. It's even more fun if you think of a ride with the longest name possible! Haven't really figured out what happens if someone can't think of one of the answers/takes too long/gives a wrong answer!

Enjoy!

If anyone is interested in what our order ended up being.....

Avalanche, Big Thunder Mountain, Colossus, Derren Brown's Ghost Train, Expedition Everest, Frozen Ever After, Galactica, Helix, Indiana Jones et Le Temple du Peril, Jaws, King Kong, Laser Raiders, Monkey Swinger, Nemesis : Sub-Terra, Oblivion, Postman Pat Parcel Post, Quantum, Rumba Rapids, Space Mountain : Mission 2, Twirling Toadstools, Ultimate, Vampire, Wet Wet Wet, X, Yeti Bounce, Zodiac. Then we went on for longer restarting! Apocalypse, Baron Acken Acken Akanen, Colossos, Duel, Enterprise, Flying Carpets over Agrabah and then we got on Stealth! :P

2 hours ago, Kerfuffle said:

Why in God's name would you say Nemesis Sub-Terra rather than Nemesis?? Let alone Inferno! :o

Appalled </3

It's longer than just saying 'Nemesis' so in theory is harder to remember when repeating it all back. I definitely would have gone for Nemesis Inferno if that had been my turn though.

• 4 weeks later...

I hate to say it because some people despise the game but... Pokémon Go. Alton Towers, Thorpe Park, Universal Studios... All have free WiFi and almost every ride is either a Pokestop or a gym. It's the perfect environment to play if you're into that sort of thing. Alternatively I saw a couple in front of us on DBGT queue playing a 2 player version of pong on their smart phone.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Some games we play in the queue all mobile games that are 1) dead easy to learn, 2) short games

OLO - This is either 2 or 4 players with 1 device and is basically a new version of shovehapeny.

Orbital - This is 2 players with 1 device. The only thing you have control of is the angle you fire. Your plasma expends its energy and then expands till it touches another object. The idea is to box the other person in so they cant go whilst not boxing yourself in.

Download the app called Heads Up! It's basically Who Am I? but you obviously hold the phone up to your forehead instead :P Was a great way to pass the time queueing for Crush's Coaster at the DLP meet - and other people were watching us, then asking Peaj what the app was!

Or you could have a tickle fight, which seems to happen at meets every so often :lol: