yeah

Do you guys think we'll see another (obviously minor) new ride next year, improvements around the park, a small attraction, Colossus repaint or will the back seats on Inferno be turned around zomgfgfgfg!!!?!?!1!? I think there'll be some minor repaints, renaming of a few food outlets and the pointless waterslides on Amity Beach being removed.

I think we will just see an minor improvement on Loggers and that will be it. The delays of DBGT will have cost Thorpe money and so there will be less to go around for next year. Maybe there will be a retheme to the whole old town but it wouldn't surprise me if we just saw Loggers reopen and advertised as a new experience.  

22 hours ago, Project LC said:

I think we will just see an minor improvement on Loggers and that will be it. The delays of DBGT will have cost Thorpe money and so there will be less to go around for next year. Maybe there will be a retheme to the whole old town but it wouldn't surprise me if we just saw Loggers reopen and advertised as a new experience.  

Ah yeah forgot about Loggers! I think it'll be rethemed tbh.

2 hours ago, ThemeParkCrafter said:

Speaking to a high up member of staff who said only 1 of the 2 endings and 3 of the 13 journeys are currently on so 2017 could be when more things are added.

*12 scenarios :)

That would make sense as everyone I know who's been on The Ghost Train have only experienced 3 different scenarios and 2 endings. 2017 will (hopefully) be the year where they all get introduced and the ride will be a lot more reliable. 

Loggers will re-open, possibly under a new name? Rumba needs quite a but of work done and we can all hope for a Colossus repaint! 

• 2 weeks later...

Whoever is saying three of the twelve journeys are in action evidently is guessing from their own experience, as I've already had more than 3 alternate scenarios...

In regards to what I think the park may get, I think they may have 2017 as a gap year now, although before Ghost Train had its problems I would have said a large flat they could market to the thrill and family audience, something that was both daunting and fun...

• JoshC. pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

I would be more than happy with improvements to Ghost Train and nothing else. even that seems unlikely though lol

Hopefully they're well into the planning stages for an immersively themed new section on the infilled new island, with a roller coaster, a flat and a new restaurant. I want at least one section of Thorpe to be as well themed as Phantasialand. It's not too hard guys. Just watch a Planet Coaster creation on youtube and rip off whatever they've done.

• 2 weeks later...

I think they will improve rumba rapids, as they have started to take some stuff down over there. I would also like

to see a new flat in the park like flip flop or maybe a little spinning family coaster to replace the unused rubbish 

wet wet wet. Also I think they should, either improve loggers and reopen or totally create a brand new water

ride. But thats just my opinion.

-Callum

I would say 2017 will be a down year for Thorpe after DBGT.

I think we could see some flats removed/replaced, maybe the removal of Slammer/Samurai?

Slammer in particular takes a large chunk of space up meaning a large flat could go there.

I think Loggers will stay closed next year, seeing the current state of it anyways..

But Merlin just announced Colossus will get a retheme to a IP with VR and stand-up seats ;)

On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 1:03 PM, Project LC said:

I would quite like to see the park install one of these http://www.coaster101.com/2016/09/21/skyline-attractions-unveils-skywarp-attraction-concept/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

It may just be a glorified Larson Looper but it does look cool and could make quite a nice flat ride.

I don't think that'll come in 2017, because thats the sort of thing Merlin would class as a major ride.

As much as it breaks my heart I think it is time for Slammer to go. Last 5 times I have been this season it has been shut every single time! Samurai on the other hand, has had it's ups and downs this season but I still think it has some life left in it (despite all the 'essential maintenance' needed.) Clearing Slammer would create a large amount of space for a nice new flat ride as said before, fitting more in with the Old Town theming next to Doghouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Thorpe should do anything for 2017, it should be a large park TLC scheme, and bring the park back upto scratch whilst continuing to advertise Derren Brown's Ghost Train. 

Much of the park including Colossus, Old Town, Rumba and even Inferno (in a way) are all in states that aren't really acceptable for a park of this prominence.

knowing trends though, they'll probably slap bang a low capacity attraction with an IP and only TLC things to a very basic level.

Whilst there have been various improvements in recent years such as restored effects and a few areas repainted, the overall park still feels tired IMO.  I'd like to see the park have a huge cleanup for next year as well as the reopening of Loggers, and a refurbishment of Rumba.

As has been said above, we'll probably get "X Factor: The Maze" or something instead.

Restoration of existing stuff should never be seen as improving, the stuff should never have been left to rot in the first place.

If the person here who first said they'd heard loggers was closing is any indication, then Colosus, Slammer and Rapids will all close at the end of this season for "improvements" (they said that was going to happen too iirc, loggers closes at end of 15, rest to follow end of 16).

Frankly they should just bulldoze the Darren Green Moneypit, chalk it up to a bad experience and go back to what they know works, I.e. coasters and flumes.

• pluk unpinned this topic