yeah

5 minutes ago, Ian-S said:

Restoration of existing stuff should never be seen as improving, the stuff should never have been left to rot in the first place.

If the person here who first said they'd heard loggers was closing is any indication, then Colosus, Slammer and Rapids will all close at the end of this season for "improvements" (they said that was going to happen too iirc, loggers closes at end of 15, rest to follow end of 16).

As it's just a rumour at the moment I'll take that with a pinch of salt.  With that said, I was suggesting that Rumba could be refurbished over the winter ready for the park reopening in 2017, not closed throughout next season.

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/08/2016 at 7:17 AM, ThemeParkCrafter said:

Speaking to a high up member of staff who said only 1 of the 2 endings and 3 of the 13 journeys are currently on so 2017 could be when more things are added.

I just wanted to ask if you are saying theres 1 of the 2 endings in the BBC documentary (thing) they show behind the scenes but theres a demon thing flying do you reckon it'll be that ? 

18 hours ago, Josh3103 said:

I think in 2017 we will see the removal of Slammer and Colossus and  the reopening of Loggers Leap

Is this a joke? Colossus won't be removed for another decade at the very least, it's a previous world record breaker and gets long queues virtually every day. 

And Loggers Leap is pretty much dead now, I think we all need to let it go.

3 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Is this a joke? Colossus won't be removed for another decade at the very least, it's a previous world record breaker and gets long queues virtually every day. 

And Loggers Leap is pretty much dead now, I think we all need to let it go.

I didn't know it had a world record what for?

20 hours ago, Josh3103 said:

I think in 2017 we will see the removal of Slammer and Colossus and  the reopening of Loggers Leap

And if it did close the park would tell us and I'm sure they'd do a last ride event like the ones that are very popular at Cedar Fair parks.

It wouldn't just get dismantled over the closed season with absolutely no mention...

12 minutes ago, CharlieN said:

And if it did close the park would tell us and I'm sure they'd do a last ride event like the ones that are very popular at Cedar Fair parks.

It wouldn't just get dismantled over the closed season with absolutely no mention...

Hex, The Flumes, Charlie, Driving School all wave hi!

LOL loggers is supposed to be closed for refurbishments too but nobody believes that.

All I'm saying is yes they are not coasters, but both Loggers and The Flumes were extremely popular family rides, I would expect them to do a big goodbye event for Colossus if it ever closed, but considering the way the other rides have been treated, coupled with the fact that the last big 'goodbye' event was eight years ago, I wouldn't be assuming Merlin have any thought for fans desires to say goodbye.  Their focus has changed over the years.

Edit: I didn't include Bubbleworks because we all know that 'event' was just a cynical money grab and they never had any intention of tearing the ride down.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2016 at 8:17 PM, Ian-S said:

They really have started chopping the end of the season off, I'm not sure but I'm pretty certain we were there the first weekend in November last year, for those of us that have no interest in FN, it means the season ends at the end of September for all intent and purpose.

This depresses me so much. My best ever day at thorpe was the last day of the season in 2014 - they let me stay on inferno 3 times, and I got six rides on the swarm as well as everything else loads. I wish they could close it for the first two irrelevant weekdays of november and instead open it on the weekend after fright nights, but without a stupid queue-doubling fireworks event.

Maybe replacing SAW:Alive or the area where Cabin usually is with a year round horror maze run by an outside company(if its not run by Merlin then it might work better). When I worked at Thorpe I got asked at least 5+ more times a day if SAW alive was open so it shows there is a demand for a maze to be open all year. maybe not have it open from park start maybe open only from 1-5/11:30-4/12-6 and then at fright nights They could bring in more actors or Thorpe could suggest ideas to ramp up the experience

• pluk unpinned this topic