Things You've Overheard at Parks

yeah

• 2 weeks later...
On 11 August 2016 at 9:36 AM, cptnmingo said:

Queuing for Nemesis Inferno at Thorpe, ride attendant in the booth was obviously a little bored so he puts on a spooky doom voice and says "PREPARE FOR YOUR DOOM UPON NEMESIS INFERNO!!" Many a giggle was shared..

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

reading this reminded me of summer nights 2014, when an operator on Colossus right near the end of the night was bored and started screaming 'I'm old gregg' down the mic in the station. absolutely iconic....I hope that guy still works at the park :lol:

At Summer Nights this year someone in the swarm station shouted bogey (it was supposed to be a jokey call sign to others in their group) within a few seconds everybody was shouting it including the guy in the control box over the PA.

Christ knows what anybody must have thought outside hearing "bogey, bogey, bogey, bogey" being chanted over and over.

8 hours ago, Ian-S said:

At Summer Nights this year someone in the swarm station shouted bogey (it was supposed to be a jokey call sign to others in their group) within a few seconds everybody was shouting it including the guy in the control box over the PA.

Christ knows what anybody must have thought outside hearing "bogey, bogey, bogey, bogey" being chanted over and over.

A woman was describing the scare maze she went in last year at Thorpe Park in Land of the Vikings, "there was this tunnel and you had to go through it, I said "I'm not going through that and they said there was no other way out so I had to crawl through it and they were properly pushing and pulling me about, then at the end you get chased out by a man with a chainsaw." "Oh my God. What was it called?" "Oh it was the Saw one I think" "Yeah Saw is scary".

That's odd, Saw seems very similar to Sub Species at Alton Towers, too similar in fact...

*Rattlesnake RAP queue, group of about 5 boys same age as me*

1: "So is this like that Sonic one at Alton Towers."

2: "No."

3: "What's that dragon one?"

1: "So it is like the Sonic one"

2: "No! That Dragon one is like the Sonic one."

4: "What Sonic one?"

2: "The one that spins"

5: "Oh yeah I remember that one with the games in the queue that like never work"

2: "Yeah that one"

1: "So the Dragon one is like the Sonic one"

1 hour ago, ChessingtonSam said:

*Rattlesnake RAP queue, group of about 5 boys same age as me*

1: "So is this like that Sonic one at Alton Towers."

2: "No."

3: "What's that dragon one?"

1: "So it is like the Sonic one"

2: "No! That Dragon one is like the Sonic one."

4: "What Sonic one?"

2: "The one that spins"

5: "Oh yeah I remember that one with the games in the queue that like never work"

2: "Yeah that one"

1: "So the Dragon one is like the Sonic one"

Gosh, makes you furious doesn't it?