Things You've Overheard at Parks

yeah

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

On Monday, in the RAP queue for Gruffleworks, I have never heard or seen fastrack misused so much. 

First, two women and their children, in front of us, didn't actually know what fastrack was and thought it was just some kind of way to skip the queue. Then a man, who had already queued 60 minutes, happily presented his premium Merlin pass to the ride host and said "This means I get fastrack, right?" Then a family pushed through the queue trying to buy fastrack at the photo point. God I don't envy ride hosts sometimes.

On 05/11/2016 at 1:50 PM, wegloo said:

Mate I literally cried at this

guest: This is ridiculous, why cant you tell when the rides are going to go down and give us some warning?

host: would you also like the bbc to warn you when the next isis attack is? 

I'll take "things that never happened" for $500 please Alex!

I heard "Stealth is so boring, all it does is go up and down" last year.

They're technically correct about it just going up and down, but the fact that they say it's "boring" is just 'what?'.

------

Some time after a school trip to Parc Asterix, some people were talking about it. Being the obnoxious and cringy kid I am, I joined in. I talked about how I seriously regretted not going on Zeus (referring to it as "the wooden one" so they had an idea of what I was talking about). They tried to say I was wrong as I apparently went on it 2-3 times.

Turns out they confused the log flume with the woodie...  :glare:

Edited by Pinecone33
added the bit after the dashes

On 11 April 2017 at 2:35 PM, Pinecone33 said:

I heard "Stealth is so boring, all it does is go up and down" last year.

They're technically correct about it just going up and down, but the fact that they say it's "boring" is just 'what?'.

------

Some time after a school trip to Parc Asterix, some people were talking about it. Being the obnoxious and cringy kid I am, I joined in. I talked about how I seriously regretted not going on Zeus (referring to it as "the wooden one" so they had an idea of what I was talking about). They tried to say I was wrong as I apparently went on it 2-3 times.

Turns out they confused the log flume with the woodie...  :glare:

Lol! - well log flume - logs - made of wood - easy mistake to make? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

(This wasn't at a theme park, it occurred during a conversation about theme parks to a group of people)

Person A: "At Busch Gardens there's that wooden ride, I loved it!"

Me: "Yeah... That closed down..."

Person A: "WHAT!"

(Later in the conversation)

Person B: "I remember at Alton Towers riding the Bestie, that was fun."

Me: "That's long gone" :P

Person B: "Oh" :blush:

6 hours ago, Kerfuffle said:

Queueing for SAW - The Ride:

Guest to a host: "Is this scary?"

Erm yeah because I'm sure on a horror movie-themed attraction you'd be expecting sunshine, rainbows and unicorns on every turn...

On the contrast, Ive heard people ask this on Fairy Tale Brook...

The best one though is the "Does this go upside down?" A boy who looked about 10 once asked my mum if Pirate Falls goes upside down. Id say probably not.

To be fair, I deserve a bit of a mention for saying something similar. At the time, I was just 11 so I wasn't the enthusiast I am today and I became scared a lot easier. I didn't ride the swarm at the time, because I was scared there were actors (eventhough they've only been there on opening day) and even asked a staff member near the conference center if there were actors.

• 2 weeks later...