Things You've Overheard at Parks

yeah

Think I've mentioned it before but every time Ive been to AT in the last two years Ive heard people looking for the entrance for Air, I like to imagine them walking around FV until closing time :lol:

Oh, and the small 7 or 8 year old boy trying to explain the rides to his mum and many siblings (I assume). "What's Nemesis?" "It's like a Haunted House with guns you shoot people with" "And what's Hex?" "Thats a Haunted House aswell"

Edited by ChessingtonSam

On 9 June 2017 at 6:15 PM, planenut said:

Today on Stealth, "the older I get the less I like roller coasters!" then the speaker completed the ride and got off, a twenty-four year old lady.

I love your Stealth stories!  24? That's no age aha - I'm the opposite - the older I get the MORE I love rollercoasters!  

On 10 June 2017 at 9:53 AM, Callum_ said:

Once I heard this guy talking to his friend and we were in the Saw The Ride queue line and he said 'Some people have died on this before, just play the game' and this wasnt a joke cause they were both so serious.:D

Christ some people are a special kind of stupid!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/06/2017 at 11:16 AM, Han30 said:

I love your Stealth stories!  24? That's no age aha - I'm the opposite - the older I get the MORE I love rollercoasters!  

At TP today, on..........Stealth...........

Guy announces to his mate "cor, five times on this would create havoc with your life 'cos of the adrenalin!"

Then a chap seated next to me said "I opened my eyes last time and I couldn't breathe!"

We all survived the day.

1 hour ago, planenut said:

At TP today, on..........Stealth...........

Guy announces to his mate "cor, five times on this would create havoc with your life 'cos of the adrenalin!"

Then a chap seated next to me said "I opened my eyes last time and I couldn't breathe!"

We all survived the day.

That is gold!  

The guy that couldn't breath when he had his eyes open should visit his doc - he shouldn't be breathing through them 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Been at Chessie for two days and heard a few gems:

"MUM 10+ ARE YOU SURE?" - Said after exiting Creepy Caves

Looking up at Fury "Shall we do it? It's quite high" "Yeah come on lets do it" one says as they walk through the entrance.

To Griffins Galleon.

HPH pre show:

"I think this is a lift"

Someone in another group:

"Oh Ive been here before, this is a lift"

Annnd...

"I reckon theres someone behind there" "Thats a jumpscare" - Said about the fireplace.

They were dissappointed.

Thorpe Park last Saturday - 2 lads behind us and one (I'm assuming as I didn't see) points to Rush and says to his friend "ah yeah mate that's just like Ripsaw at Towers innit" - I'm just hoping they were pointing at Rush and not Storm Surge as that is an even more stupid comparison 

• 8 months later...

I finally have some funny Thirteen stories to add to this thread, both from the second to last row being a RAP user. There was this one guy from Stoke with a very thick accent, and a Stoke City shirt on, who was quite muscular in build, basically he looked like the last guy who'd be scared of anything. Going down the first drop he screams: "oooh ya ba___" I'll let you fill the blanks here. Then when we pulled into the Crypt, he goes to catch his breath, before it drops and he lets out a very sweary scream.

I also found out Joe Beasley is evil. Sat behind him on there without even realising until we exited, and he told the girl he was with the ride was over as we pulled into the Crypt. On those two days I also heard one group call Nemesis Sub Terra, Derren Brown's Ghost Train, and I also heard another group on the same pathway say they should "pick up Wicker Man and plonk it here, and rebuild the Flume". Don't quite know how that would work but, there you go.

• 1 month later...