Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (21/08/2016) Trip Report

So on Sunday 21st August 2016, me and EC! as part of our California trip, visited our first theme park of the trip, Six Flags Discovery Kingdom... I'm not the best at explaining things or going into detail, so here's an overview of the park and our day, and some pictures, Enjoy! :)

From the outside the park looks incredibly compact, a bit like Thorpe Park... But once inside, even though some of the coasters are bunched together the park is surprisingly big to walk around. The park is visually stunning and very well kept, and just in general looks really nice, unfortunately the day felt a little ruined by the reliability (or lack of) of the park, with V2 not opening and remaining closed for the rest of the day, along with some other smaller rides, though only one actually being advertised as closed originally. The new RMC The Joker kept breaking down all day, as well as some of the other rides and their main water attractions, and their star flyer, it really felt like a bad day at Thorpe Park, luckily for us we had a Flash Pass and got on all the coasters (except V2 of course) and done The Joker and Superman twice.. Which I'm so glad we done as these two were really the standout rides at the park, actually incredible! Superman I had pretty low expectations for as it was a short compact ride, but the launch was so forceful and the twisted compact layout really packed a punch and will be in my top 10 somewhere... The Joker easily goes into number 2 in my top 10 (not beating Shambhala), it is actually amazing, the speed of it throughout is so relentless and out of control, and the airtime even in the middle rows literally chuck you out of your seat like I've never experienced before (the closest to it is probably Grand National at Blackpool on back row, just not as painful). The B&M floor less, Medusa, I found to be a bit rough and just meh. Kong, the Vekoma SLC was horrendous, worse than Infusion at Blackpool, it closes after today to get the VR makeover. So overall a nice park, let down by its reliability, but really really glad we visited, and made a bit of a dent in my Top 10... With so many Californian parks left to go I wonder what UK rides will even be left in my Top 10 by the end of it aha!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks if you actually made it down this far haha!

EDIT: I read back through and realised I said I'd try and keep it quite breif... Oops lol!

• 1 month later...