MachoMachine

As spooky times are fast approaching I thought I'd create a little topic where we could express our creative ideas for potential mazes/scarezones etc. Not park specific either so go wild!

The first idea I have is a maze for Thorpe Park, not too sure on a name yet so ideas are welcomed...

UNTITLED

A maze focusing and playing on the nostalgia of Thorpe Park. Taking you back in time to have your childhood memories distorted and warped into a mushy nightmare. Primarily the characters involved would be the old Rangers. Their severed heads would be scattered around and occasionally they'd pop out whilst the pitch changed carousel song would play, using old props to really create the immersion. Old uniforms and costumes would be used but not in a lazy way, more of a I'm gonna remind you of how things were kinda creepy way! Use some failures the Park has had previously and really grind them up, show everyone that the happy  feel was in fact quite dark and twisted. I feel like they could really use dark humour in this too so everyone could enjoy (both new and old guests to the park) whilst still creating a horrific environment...

Would also be 10x better than Dead End and less reusing items more taking advantage of lost childhood memories!

Try and keep ideas unique and fun and constructive criticism is encouraged. This one's gonna be more of a serious topic so any joke ideas should be directed in the topic below, have fun!

Molly Crowe was a maze where you were blindfolded and could not see(I think).
So, taking the idea of depriving you of one of your senses, what about a maze where you are totally unable to hear?
You could be given ear plugs, or headphones, really effective ones, and you walk through a maze that has really visual scenes, with lots of grotesque and interesting smells, perhaps sweat, or blood (I really hate that smell), or even ordinary smells, but made really strong. I would have no idea what it's themed on exactly, but would be a fun thing to trial. You could even have technology (if you were wearing sound cancelling headphones) that starts playing disturbing noises towards the end of the experience.

I think they should have a horror maze/scare attraction on the theme of a abandoned factory,

where they explore the hidden stuff in this like terror of the towers but scarier and add like

warehouse smells and like guard dogs like the theming could be like be aware guard dogs,

there also could be a variety of actors, like factory workers, dead factory workers, Like real life

stock like dolls real life and like bears, stored in this abandoned warehouse. That is my idea

of a maze I would create.

9 minutes ago, Callum_ said:

I think they should have a horror maze/scare attraction on the theme of a abandoned factory,

where they explore the hidden stuff in this like terror of the towers but scarier and add like

warehouse smells and like guard dogs like the theming could be like be aware guard dogs,

there also could be a variety of actors, like factory workers, dead factory workers, Like real life

stock like dolls real life and like bears, stored in this abandoned warehouse. That is my idea

of a maze I would create.

That wouldn't be a bad idea, if it didn't go completely off track at the end. Like, it made sense... and then bears wait what?

On 9/29/2016 at 9:07 PM, CharlieN said:

On the subject of dolls, a dolls house maze with the human dolls used to promote DBGT would be pretty cool. If you gave it a pretty eccentric Victorian interior that mimics an eccentric dolls house it could be creepy.

Oh dear Lord - those dolls seriously freaked me out.  I used to be terrified of clowns but am ok with them now.  What would seriously creep me out though - is if there was a maze (don't know how it could be done) but based around the movie Sinister - that demon thing, whatever the hell he is terrifies me

12 hours ago, Mer said:

Donald Trump's House of Horror. 

You must escape from Donald Trump's house, but clones of him are hidden in every room. One room will contain the real thing!

Can you escape in enough time and stop his secret plan to win the election? 

That could be very creepy indeed, the storyline could be about being killed by trump and made into the Great Wall that will run across the border.

Everything could be covered in gold chrome like his buildings and queueline announcements could be worded in his garbled, poorly worded speech. 

Ghost Machine

The maze would be themed to a "machine," with an industrial-style exterior.  Guests would enter the first room, which would be themed to a control room, where they would be briefed by a "Ghost Control" operative on the testing of the "ghost machine" and how they were a part of the first test.  The purpose of the machine would be to allow the "spirit world" to be viewed by people in the real world.  Whilst nothing dramatic would happen in this scene, a feel of foreboding would be created by atmospheric audio and small items of theming (e.g. a "failed tests" notepad on the desk, covered in blood).

After the briefing guests would be directed into the second section of the maze which would consist of dimly lit corridors - the purpose of this would be to prepare guests for the test; therefore there would be safety speeches playing through speakers as well as instructions on the wall.

A second more sophisticated control room is reached, illuminated in red.  After a short spiel ("the test will now begin") a button is pressed by an actor and the room plunges into darkness.

Seconds later the room lights up again, this time with black lighting, and a single hooded figure is visible in the middle of the room.  Also visible is the body of someone with the "Ghost Control" uniform in the corner of the room, which is presumed to be the person who pressed the button.  Audio is very loud at this point, with ghostly metallic voices speaking of how "their world" shouldn't be visible to the living world.

Emergency lights would flash up in the room, with a door at the end of the room opening up revealing a corridor.  Guests would go through this door, which would lead to the "central core" of the machine.  This section would be an intense strobe maze with emergency sirens & lighting, and "ghosts" (actors) appearing from hidden spaces.  The ghosts would be people from different eras, furthering the sense of unease throughout.

Finally, guests reach the end of the strobe maze and head into a final corridor.  This is dimly lit, but initially gives guests a false sense of security.  Guests reach a wall (concealed door), which is seemingly a dead end, and the voice of a "Ghost Control" operative is heard through speakers telling people to stand still and stay calm.  Following this, the lights slowly fade with the music getting louder.  After a 5 second pause the lights quickly come back up in a blinding white colour, a horrific wail is heard from behind guests* and door at the end of the room opens to reveal the exit.

* During this scene, wind effects would be utilised from behind the guests to give the sense of something rushing towards them.

46 minutes ago, Coaster Jamie said:

Ghost Machine

The maze would be themed to a "machine," with an industrial-style exterior.  Guests would enter the first room, which would be themed to a control room, where they would be briefed by a "Ghost Control" operative on the testing of the "ghost machine" and how they were a part of the first test.  The purpose of the machine would be to allow the "spirit world" to be viewed by people in the real world.  Whilst nothing dramatic would happen in this scene, a feel of foreboding would be created by atmospheric audio and small items of theming (e.g. a "failed tests" notepad on the desk, covered in blood).

After the briefing guests would be directed into the second section of the maze which would consist of dimly lit corridors - the purpose of this would be to prepare guests for the test; therefore there would be safety speeches playing through speakers as well as instructions on the wall.

A second more sophisticated control room is reached, illuminated in red.  After a short spiel ("the test will now begin") a button is pressed by an actor and the room plunges into darkness.

Seconds later the room lights up again, this time with black lighting, and a single hooded figure is visible in the middle of the room.  Also visible is the body of someone with the "Ghost Control" uniform in the corner of the room, which is presumed to be the person who pressed the button.  Audio is very loud at this point, with ghostly metallic voices speaking of how "their world" shouldn't be visible to the living world.

Emergency lights would flash up in the room, with a door at the end of the room opening up revealing a corridor.  Guests would go through this door, which would lead to the "central core" of the machine.  This section would be an intense strobe maze with emergency sirens & lighting, and "ghosts" (actors) appearing from hidden spaces.  The ghosts would be people from different eras, furthering the sense of unease throughout.

Finally, guests reach the end of the strobe maze and head into a final corridor.  This is dimly lit, but initially gives guests a false sense of security.  Guests reach a wall (concealed door), which is seemingly a dead end, and the voice of a "Ghost Control" operative is heard through speakers telling people to stand still and stay calm.  Following this, the lights slowly fade with the music getting louder.  After a 5 second pause the lights quickly come back up in a blinding white colour, a horrific wail is heard from behind guests* and door at the end of the room opens to reveal the exit.

* During this scene, wind effects would be utilised from behind the guests to give the sense of something rushing towards them.

I think thats a great idea tbh it would be a great maze if Thorpe or Alton Towers or even Chessington did this I would defiently do this if it was a maze.

54 minutes ago, Coaster Jamie said:

Ghost Machine

Fab idea! Sounds like the use of UV with black light would work really well with this!

After being bitterly disappointed by The Cabin In The Woods at Fright Nights last year,

here's the way I would do it.

The Cabin In The Woods: Reimagined

The maze would start with the Cabin section like usual, but with a linear layout due to the amount of

groups that jam the attraction.

The theming and detail would be high though, and the first section would pack a few actors, but will remain fairly tame.

The attraction would then have cube lift section to mimic the film, maybe with some transparent walls.

After that you'll proceed to the elevator section, now Thorpe have never seem to get this section right..

After seeing a POV of Halloween Horror Nights's version of Cabin, it puts Thorpes to utter to shame.

This lift section would see the start of the facility ending, overall this section will stay fairly similar to how it is currently,

but hopefully we'll see the removal of the tacky spinning tunnel which never seems to spin..

Also I would like to see the exit be somewhat changed, 

Maybe a animatronic/Special effect to resemble the ending of The Cabin In The Woods

For one last cheap little scare or laugh?

Another massive change I would do is add a lot more humor.

Cabin is a satirical Horror-Comedy, so I would add some OTT sounds at points, or something on the lines of that.

I would also have a sh!t ton more actor costumes and have them more varied than least year.

Overall I'm a massive fan of the film, but I think currently like MBV and Saw Thorpe don't stay true to the IP..