Movie Park is perhaps one of Germanys lesser known parks, being home to a top quality indoor gerstlauer, a terrible woodie, marmite SLC amongst others.

However for 2017, the park is set to gain another star attraction, in the form of A Mack launch coaster which will be themed around Star Trek.

14494838_1242311769147408_91259552269224

14433044_1242311989147386_68667616413887

14424692_1242312115814040_56996094103411

14463128_1242312242480694_13016342200795

14519824_1242312552480663_85414260199744

Source- Movie Park Facebook.

Certainly looks an interesting and exciting coaster. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Watch here impressions of Star Trek Operation Enterprise - the new Mack Rides Coaster at Movie Park included all Pre-Shows & an Queue Line walkthrough.

You can ride this rollercoaster since a few day at the softopening. The Pre-Show and also the ride is amazing. It´s a nice rollercoaster for all handtime fans =)

A disappointing Mack is still probably better than, say, your average Intamin. 

Also if people are finding this disappointing, UK enthusiasts should lower their expectations for Icon.  Slower, likely weaker, launches, and a more drawn out layout that doesn't exactly do much more than this. 

Dragging back to Star Trek, I standby my original views that it looks fun, and is easily in the top 3 best-looking coaster additions for Europe this year. 

Will be riding this in Oct - It look fun and unique -  and looks like a good addition to the park ........ the other coasters look gross though (apart from Val Helsing) - I hate SLC's. Mystery river and Bermuda Triangle look very intriguing - and will satisfy my Passion for darks rides (I hope). 

On Tuesday, May 30, 2017 at 7:45 AM, BaronC. said:

A disappointing Mack is still probably better than, say, your average Intamin. 

Also if people are finding this disappointing, UK enthusiasts should lower their expectations for Icon.  Slower, likely weaker, launches, and a more drawn out layout that doesn't exactly do much more than this. 

Dragging back to Star Trek, I standby my original views that it looks fun, and is easily in the top 3 best-looking coaster additions for Europe this year. 

I don't think this will necessarily be the case, Icon's layout is much longer than Star Trek Operation Enterprise (which almost seems to be over before it's started) and is overall a much larger project.

The low-to-ground turns and airtime moments should hopefully make for a thrilling ride, and if Taron (which consists of turns and airtime hills as the main focus) is so highly regarded, why shouldn't this be the same - in theory of course!  Throw in the near-misses with other coasters and hopeful effects & features, and I don't think it will be disappointing.

I do have my reservations about Icon and don't think the launches will be much to write home about, but as an overall coaster I hope it'll be great for the UK.

Well, tbh, Blue Fire has a fairly weak launch, and it crawls around most of the layout..

But the air-time moments, and intense inversions (mainly due to the godly restraints) make it a really great coaster.

I don't see Icon being any different, and the layout IMO looks very strong, way better than Star Trek anyways.

Anyway a Mack Launch is a Mack Launch, they're all fu**ing awesome :wub:

• 7 months later...

So the park are going to retheme their rapids ride, which is currently a rip off of the Neverending Story:

IMA score are doing the music (after having done the music for the Star Trek coaster), and it'll be themed around King Arthur/ Merlin.

An...interesting choice.  Would have much preferred them to just revamp / tart up what they had rather than change it all up, but I guess we have to embrace the new.  More interesting that they're going to be in one sense competing with Toverland theme-wise, since their new land is similarly themed.

In other news, there's also rumours that the park's indoor water ride Bermuda Triangle, which is fab and weird and fun, might be entering its last season in 2018.  If so, that's a real tragedy.

Looks like the nothing finally took it over then.

Should be good though for the ride to receive a facelift especially if Star Trek is anything to go by.

Edit- apparently the ride used to be themed around The Never Ending Story, but at somepoint was given a toned down retheme (probably when Warner Bros sold up). Would explain the unused pre-show area.

Here’s a POV I found.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Benin said:

Tis just the theme being spited, not the ride itself...

Mystery River in of itself was a hasty retheme when they lost the Neverending Story licence...

Yeah I did clock that thanks...

Doesn't really matter if it was just a hasty retheme of anything to be fair, I at least thought it was great. They'll never be able to match the weirdness or the cheesiness in this new one, the clinical sounds of IMAscore almost confirms that.

• 1 month later...