Halloween

Cian

Hola.

It seems to be nearing my favourite time of the year; Halloween. I have so many scare events lined up, the hype is unreal!

This topic is the perfect place to post absolutely anything horror related, ranging from Halloween costumes to horror films, scare event reviews and stories etc. Enjoy.

I hate halloween. I suppose it means that I hate October too, because whilst it is my birthday month, the whole period is taken over by horror related things.

And for those who don't know me, horror is not my thing. Never has been and probably never will. In the theme park industry, pretty much a month of the operating year is horror based. Which basically means a month of the year for me to not visit theme parks! 

The closed season's started early for me!

No this is the Halloween thread and it's only fair there's balanced discussion ;)

I dislike it too (share an Oct birthday too), when I was a kid it was a nothing event and our only interest was picking which firework display to go to the next weekend, now it's like the entire month is dedicated to it, yet another wasteful import like Prom night from America I guess.

Each to their own, but I am a huge Halloween fan! Always used to do trick or treating growing up, and an excuse to watch loads of Halloween/horror themed movies. Went to Thorpe park fright night when I was 14 back in 2006 and I loved it! Also going to tulleys shocktober park, and anything else that's on I can squeeze in haha. Usually go to a fancy dress party the Saturday before too, this year is no exception :D when else can you go to a bar dressed as a zombie eh.

A friend at work is from new Zealand and she says they don't celebrate it there at all, so she's excited to come to Tulleys :D. Personally this is one American import I'm happy with!

Its just a matter of taste really, some people are into sport like going to football, or Christmas, I'm into Halloween...haha.

20 hours ago, CharlieN said:

I hate halloween. I suppose it means that I hate October too, because whilst it is my birthday month, the whole period is taken over by horror related things.

And for those who don't know me, horror is not my thing. Never has been and probably never will. In the theme park industry, pretty much a month of the operating year is horror based. Which basically means a month of the year for me to not visit theme parks! 

The closed season's started early for me!

I'm with you. The theme parks become utter write offs for me during Halloween events. The guests turn into absolute idiots, the reliability falls apart, the weather is just wet, cold and miserable and the mazes swerve from either mild curiosities to stereotypical follow the leader bore-a-thons. 

SPOOPY TIMES!!!! Halloween is the only time of year I can do freelance makeup work considering I hate editorial stuff so if you wanna look extra spoopy you know who to call. I shall compile a list of horror films that are good for the spooky time of year. 

Nightmare on Elm Street - it's a given TBH but dream warriors is the best. (Welcome to prime time, bitch!)

Evil Dead (2013 remake) - all the gore effects in this are makeup! No CGI involved. The raining blood scene is my dream.

V/H/S 1 + 2 - fab little set of short films combined into one! The cult short in V/H/S 2 is a personal fav of mine.

House of 1000 Corpses - Rob Zombie. That is all.

Hostel - Gory and gritty and a bit weird. Eli Roth does some questionable things but this was great.

Thirteen Ghosts - oh my god the makeup in this gives me nightmares. Robert Kurtzman YOU LEGEND

American Psycho - I've watched this film countless times and I honestly wouldn't mind if Patrick Bateman killed me. :)

honourable mentions -

Antichrist, Child's Play, It Follows, Don't Breathe, The Girl with all the Gifts, As Above So Below, Emelie, Matyrs

also Dead Set but that's a tv show but it's the best don't test me thanks.

Halloween build up starts tomorrow for me with fright nights :D then tulleys on the 14th! Wahoo. Doing some funky Halloween nails tonight too, if they come out good I'll post a pic.

Amazing fake wound! For tulleys 2 of my friends want me to do their makeup, a guy and a girl, going to have a lot of fun haha. Any ideas are welcomed, just has to be scary/cool!

I'm a big wuss and can't watch horror films or I can't sleep, I think Saw is about as much as I can handle. I watch silly things like nightmare before Christmas, hocus pocus, Dracula, phantom of the opera, beetlejuice, Addams family... I'm so cool B)

1 hour ago, Cian said:

Has anyone here done Warwick Castle's Haunted Castle before?
I'm heading there tomorrow. I'm just wondering whether the mazes are worthy competitors with UK's rivals..Cheers.

My reviews from 2014 and 2012 can be found by following this link:  

They seemed to have a change of direction and more money pumped into the event last, and from I've heard, things have only gotten better.  Blackout was also nominated for the Best Scare Attraction SCAR Award in 2014-5, so they have potential to make great attractions.

Don't go on expecting the best things ever, but it's a fun event to go to!