Energylandia

CharlieN

• 2 weeks later...

Visited last week, very nice park, ops let it down though... 1 train on everything with some lengthy queues, 1 train on hyperion with 40 min queue is an ouch, though they added 2 trains to foruma for about an hour.. then took it off.. 

Hyperion is a good coaster, but only "good" its rather shaky, the drop and first airtime hill is insane, then it kinda does nothing afterwards 

and the queue system is atrocious on one train, takes forever, and people Q jump.. 

^Interesting experience. When I visited last year (on a Tuesday outside holidays). The coasters were on a reduced capacity, but they were very good at adding (and albeit removing) trains when demand dictated. Thought operations were largely good, so a shame you didn't get something similar!

In other news, Zadra looks good:

f2fb19d5c25c769bfac407602514354e.jpg

f2fb19d5c25c769bfac407602514354e.jpg

From Testing Attractions Facebook

Gosh so trying to keep up with this park is hard.

2020 the park are of course putting in the new themed area Dragon's Castle, which will have Zadra, a kiddie coaster (made by Preston & Barbieri), dark ride and some other stuff. They're also getting the Vekoma double launch in a separate area. Few weeks back I posted about purple Vekoma track being at the park for the double launch. Turns out I was wrong...

57066121_280698862822498_371564902035016

Surprise! A new Vekoma family coaster in the Dragon's Castle area, which is in addition to the already announced family coaster.

And now, we have light blue Vekoma track at the park, which is presumably for the double launch. But with this park, who bloody knows...

4C94CF7.jpg

So come next year, Energylandia will have 16 open and operating coasters; the most in Europe (not counting Wonderland Eurasia in Turkey since like only 9 of their 17 are currently open). The long term plan has also indicated that they're looking into getting a Vekoma mine train and the long-rumoured new-gen Vekoma tilt coaster in the next 4 years. No doubt they'll sprinkle in some other stuff too.

Totally expect the park to be aiming for the highest coaster count in the world, and that certainly seems possible within the next five years. Though there are rumours that the park are already considering removing some of the weaker attractions that are poorly themed, including some of their kiddie creds. So yeah, watch this space..

And whilst I'm here, let's chuck in some Zadra photos..

IMG-3306.jpg

IMG-3307.jpg

Source: https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=159449439&postcount=19044

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Loggers Creek said:

Just hope this park can stay stable once the government funding ends.

From what I've heard, 2020 is the last year they benefit from the funding from the EU (ie - any rides which are getting funding from the EU money have to open by 2020).

I believe the EU money has only amounted to about £40m since the park opened (including next year's investment). Given the size of the park and number of investments, I expect the amount they've invested is substantial.

The owners of the park have a background in nightclubs, drinks and footwear, and are pretty stable financially. They know what they're doing, and whilst I expect the level of investment to slow down soon, they have a long term plan. They've talked about a Vekoma mine train similar to Colorado Adventure, a new-gen Vekoma tilt train, water park expansions, a hotel, replacing the tacky parts of the park and much more. They know where they are at the moment and know how to improve.

And for some context, the park claimed to have 1.4m visitors last year. In early development they said they wanted to have 4m visitors by 2024, which I think is too ambitious. BUT I don't see why they couldn't be pushing for 3m by then; they have the size, they have the quality headliners and they're in a good location. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The area which houses Zadra, Dragon's Castle, opened today (without Zadra obviously). The area includes two kiddie coasters, many themed kids rides, an arcade, and many themed buildings with shops and restaurants. The coasters currently aren't themed, but should be next year when the area 'officially opens'. There's meant to be a trackless dark ride in the area but I don't think that's open yet (likely for next year).

Zadra is apparently planned to open on the 15th August. However, given the track isn't finished yet, that is potentially very optimistic. The park have previously said they hoped to have it open this autumn, with theming potentially to come next year.

A huge album of photos of the area and Zadra here.

The album also shows photos of the light-blue track for the Vekoma double launch coaster on site. I don't think that's started construction yet, but I imagine will do when Zadra is finished. That should open spring next year.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mark9 said:

Wish I could go, unfortunately as Polish politicians have declared LGBT enemies of the state, I couldn't possibly visit with that kind of hatred running through the country. Some things come above rollercoasters and this is one of them.

I would agree but I think there is so many countries that are against gay rights that I honestly couldn't boycott every single country that doesn't have proper rights.

If it was just a few countries I would do the same but considering so many countries have this stance I'd be hard pressed to rule every single one out.

Poland compared to the middle east is bloody mild anyway. It isn't right obviously but honestly as a gay man I wouldn't boycott somewhere like Poland. I would however be very reluctant on going to somewhere where gay activity is completely ILLEGAL like Dubai.

Dubai is alright, it's got a Waitrose and everything.

For me its a principle thing. Just because the Middle East is far worse does not in anyway excuse the stance that the Polish government and Polish media is currently presenting. Until this stance is softened, I'd rather ride an RMC in a more welcoming country like the Netherlands and Sweden.

10 hours ago, Mark9 said:

Dubai is alright, it's got a Waitrose and everything.

For me its a principle thing. Just because the Middle East is far worse does not in anyway excuse the stance that the Polish government and Polish media is currently presenting. Until this stance is softened, I'd rather ride an RMC in a more welcoming country like the Netherlands and Sweden.

Multiple Waitrose. Even an M&S if that floats your boat.