Energylandia

CharlieN

Looks to be a wonderful coaster!! (Its RMC so that just goes without saying at this stage)

Its very interesting to see RMC move to using the “Ibox” track on their ground up models now as opposed to the “Topper” track you get on Wildfire. Supposedly a major reason for that is the complaints of pacing issues that seem to attatch themself to the Topper track models. 

Can’t wait to ride this at some stage in 2020!! This and Hyperion look like they could be quite the double act!!

POV shows that the ride is going for the 'short but stunning' type of ride. Like yes, it's a short ride cycle, but it packs so much in. The speed is mental, and the little wobbles in the early half will certainly be felt. Going to be a crazy experience for sure.

The park's owner has also confirmed the following:

-The park will open the Vekoma double launch and a Vekoma mine train (still rumoured to be of a similar scale to Colorado Adventure at Phantasialand) in 2020

-The next few years will see the park open a Vekoma tilt coaster and 4 other unique/mid-to-large scale coasters

The EU funding runs out for rides opening next year. So that's still mental expansion.

The amount this park is adding in such a short time is simply remarkable. Several coasters in just a few years. 

Whilst some of the investments (especially in the early years) are very questionable, I don’t know any other park that’s expanding anywhere near the level of this place,

Could easily name at least a couple of parks back home that need a large scale coaster.

16 minutes ago, Loggers Creek said:

The amount this park is adding in such a short time is simply remarkable. Several coasters in just a few years. 

Whilst some of the investments (especially in the early years) are very questionable, I don’t know any other park that’s expanding anywhere near the level of this place,

Could easily name at least a couple of parks back home that need a large scale coaster.

Europe is partiality funding the park as well as lots of other successful business probably as a brand awareness type project. Just a shame so many people voted out and will make it harder to get to these parks and the chance of a Europe funded Thorpe RMC!

Annnd it's now officially open, having opened at 2pm local after a press/fan event.

A back seat POV can be found here:

The park was originally only meant to be open until 8pm, but decided on the day to extend to 9.30pm (likely due to Zadra's afternoon opening and the waves of fans and press there).

I'm related, a drone got caught in Zadra's track. It didn't end well for the drone:

Don't take your drones to theme parks, kids.

Blimey! DIdn't expect it to look that awesome. Loving the look of the tight turns, water features, mist etc

Stats so far: 

Height 148ft

Inversions: 4 (loop, batwing and corkscrew)

Speed 62mph

Also guessing that seeing as the model is called 1320, i'm guessing that's its length in metres (4,330ft), which isn't bad (same length as Taron)

Can't wait to get out there next year!

I think this park just became my number one European bucket list park. The way they are expanding and developing is just incredible. 

This Coaster looks simply amazing, like pretty much everything they have added since Hyperion. Just need to get rid of the cheapy stuff from it’s early years for the newer quality they are now investing in.

• 3 weeks later...