Energylandia

CharlieN

6 minutes ago, Loggers Creek said:

Honestly the progression of this place is phenomenal. They’ve managed to build three major coasters in three years, whilst there are some parks who haven’t added them for some time.

This place could be on the cards next year.

Correction Matt! Less than two years! 

Hyperion - July 18

Zadra - August 19

Vekoma coaster - April 20

Only 'could' be on the cards? I will certainly be going. 

1 hour ago, Loggers Creek said:

Honestly the progression of this place is phenomenal. They’ve managed to build three major coasters in three years, whilst there are some parks who haven’t added them for some time.

This place could be on the cards next year.

Can't wait to see their construction plans for the next ten years..

16 minutes ago, JoshuaA said:

Soon as I can go I'm heading out there. Zadra looks like a big enough draw as it is. Probably not a SteVE beater but could be one of the best coasters in Europe.

But let’s face it, what coaster out there is actually a Steel Vengeance beater!!?? 😜 

I don’t see even RMC hitting those heights again anytime soon so I personally will just enjoy Zadra and Untamed for what they are on their own merits. If I try comparing them to big Steve then I am just setting myself up for disappointment.

1 hour ago, Martin Doyle said:

But let’s face it, what coaster out there is actually a Steel Vengeance beater!!?? 😜 

I don’t see even RMC hitting those heights again anytime soon so I personally will just enjoy Zadra and Untamed for what they are on their own merits. If I try comparing them to big Steve then I am just setting myself up for disappointment.

True, very true. I honestly don't see any current ride beating it. How do you beat perfection?

I do think RMC  could potentially out do themselves when they finally build their TRex model. But Steel Vengeance is pretty bloody hard to beat so if they don't build better then honestly it makes sense.

Zadra seems to VERY different to Steve in layout and overall focus so I think it will be pretty hard to compare anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Further details about this new investment have been revealed by the park at a press conference.

The area will be called Aqualantis (this was previously thought to be the name of the coaster) and will feature...

-Abyssus, double launch Vekoma coaster (Latin for The Depth)

-Slow boat ride

-Mack Twist n Splash (or similar)

-Disko coaster

-Aquajump, water dive jump show

-Large feature restaurant

-Ride shop for Abyssus

The area continues with what the park have started with the Dragon Zone and going for specific themed areas, and in general lots of theming and themed features. However, it's expected this is going to be a further step up from that area. The theming will be done by Joravision, who do tons of theming projects for parks across Europe.

The area is going to be behind the park's current Vekoma launch coaster, to the left of Zadra and the Dragon Zone.

On top of this, reliable sources say that the Vekoma mine train is still happening next year, but the park are keeping tight-lipped on that. It's likely that Aqualantis will open when the park opens in the spring, and the mine train will open later.

On top of this, the park have said that next year (ie December 2020), the park will be open during winter for a Christmas event. Unclear if/what rides will be open, but it'll feature a Christmas market and such. Their opening hours for next year as such look a little something like this...

2SUfZOc.jpg

It's great to see the park expanding across all areas, after starting a Halloween event for the first time this year (even if I've heard lukewarm reviews about it). Seems to be working too.

Finally, the park's owner has confirmed that further developments are to be fastracked after they received more grants. Not sure if it's specifically EU money, since that grant has finished, but who knows. This means that the park's next stages of hotel and accomodation offering will all be built at once rather than in stages. 

It'll be very interesting to see their attendance figures for this year. They hit 1.4m this year, and if Zadra has been a success, I expect that to grow, and this 5 year old park could already be as busy as the likes of Thorpe and Chessington...

12 minutes ago, Mattgwise said:

Looks like a drop tower to add to the list of rides mentioned in @JoshC. post as well!

Image may contain: sky, cloud and outdoor

The updated concept art no longer shows the tower for Aqualantis:

73504670_401605957398454_788641494600568

I believe the park are still planning on introducing a new tower next year (they do currently have a drop tower). So I guess that will end up in the same place as the Mine Train.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Track is going along nicely:

83167371_2294921007276645_58964196269668

83853034_2302570859844993_93075954951258

(Both images from the park)

Officially speaking, the park aren't saying anything regarding the Mine Train, but it's still expected to happen (although possibly 2021). The Tilt Coaster has seen delays but is still thought to be a thing; the delay could be a Vekoma-thing rather than a park thing though..