Energylandia

CharlieN

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, Mattgwise said:

A large space for the mine train. Intrigued as to how it will be themed given how great Aqualantis will look when done. 

I've heard the Mine Train is planned to be an extension to the Dragon Zone, but honestly no idea.

Given their recent investments though I think it's likely it'll be reasonably well styled at the very least.

1 hour ago, Mattgwise said:

But a lot of those rides have been updated over recent closed seasons. So the future is still looking good. 

Indeed and it’s great to see this happening besides the new stuff.

One however though just has to compare something like Zadra/Aqualantis to that horrible looking wild mouse with OTSR (why though?) which is probably one of the worst attractions there. 

The park probably has one of the brightest futures around. And is high up on my bucket list once this horrible virus is done.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking great. This alongside Zadra and Hyperion could very well give the park the best "triple threat" of any European park.

Excited to see what the area will look like once it's all themed up and complete and more importantly I look forward to revisiting for this as soon as our wonderful government opt to stop holding us all as hostages!!

• 3 weeks later...

Abyssus and Aqualantis aren't even finished yet (theming-wise), bu their next coaster now stands completed:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL4Nnc3B3OB/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

There's still theming work to be done, and current reports suggest it will be themed to "Sweet Valley", whatever that will entail.. It's thought the original plan was for it to be part of the Dragon Zone Zadra lies in.

Rumours point to a 2022 opening. Presumably because of the amount of theming it is to receive. Hard to know whether it's been pushed back because of the delays due to Covid, or whether that was the intention for a while. I'm thinking the former personally.

Of course, Zadra was meant to open in 2020, but ended up opening in August 2019, so who knows with this crazy park...

1 hour ago, Ivsetti said:

This is one massive park

And it will only keep on getting bigger! This is the amount of land they have access to, and have mid-term plans to utilise:

image.png

That's a rather old image from shortly after the park opened. Zadra, Aqualantis and the mine train extend that core part of the park leftwards, but not to the border. 

Another old (slightly outdated) image shows roughly some plans they have for expansion:

image.png

The top left part of the image (not colourised) shows the park excluding the expansions of Zadra, Aqualantis and the mine train). Zadra, Aqualantis and the mine train are all in the highlighted red zone, but only cover about 60-70% of it. 

So after these two areas open, the park still has room to almost double its park size. And on top of that, they have the option to renovate a large part of the original park, which has a strong fairground vibe (and the park have said they acknowledge the need for it to improve in the future).

I like the expansion, but I hope it doesn't expand too rapidly, look at Six Flags Worlds of Adventure/Geauga Lake. Sometimes building things left and right can not end well. I hope the park hits its attendance targets, I hope to go there someday. I think Eastern Europe is a bit of a untapped market so hopefully a large park like Energylandia can attract people from far away. Countries like Slovakia for example has no real near good parks (maybe other than Wiener Prater in nearby Austria which seems like a funfair really).

• 1 month later...

The Mine Train, which is going in the new Sweet Valley area of the park, will be called Choco Chip Creek. Some more photos:

image.png

image.png

(Images from FOMO Coaster's Facebook)

This is expected to open in 2022, as the park are planning on doing a fair amount of theming to the ride, and some sort of surrounding area.

The aerial photo only shows 2 trains, but it will in fact have 3, each seating 32 people.

We do have the 2021 park map available to us now, which helps show it's location a bit clearer:

image.png

There's some confusion about what the coaster-looking like thing below the sign saying about Sweet Valley could be. I'd expect that whatever it is, it is coming next year.

We can also see other new investments, including a new, separate, aquapark, as well as the new hotel below Formula (which I think will be styled in a Venetian way).

On top of that, work is still ongoing in parts of Aqualantis. I believe it's largely done (at the very least, Abyssus is ready), but there was a new theming feature built around part of Light Explorer, the Boomerang:

image.png

(again, from FOMO Coaster)

It's a very weird thing. It looks pretty cool in its own right, but it looks far to clean and neat for what should be a a ruined underwater city. All very odd. Obviously it's great to see the quality of the park's theming improve again, but it's a shame that the feel of it misses the mark.

The park hope to be opening up again some time next month, which could finally see the Aqualantis zone open up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Aqualantis zone opened this week, coinciding with the park's 7th birthday:

https://www.facebook.com/EnergyLandia/posts/3708588515909880

https://www.facebook.com/themeparkmagic1/posts/281874103734021

The zone is still not finished yet, and won't be until the closed season. The park wanted the area open for their birthday, and so just left it where it was at. There are more pools, etc to come.

My favourite photos of the area is this:

image.png

It shows how some of it looks really nice imo, and then there's the temporary fencing to the left, and the not-so-nice looking block work with the Disko, which are less pleasant.

• 1 month later...

It’s been over a year in the making, but I finally visited Energylandia this week. Here’s some of my thoughts:

• Park is massive (humongous maybe), clean and features tonnes of attractions (does need more transport rides)
  • Zadra is marvellous and easily my European number 1
  • Hyperion is surprisingly excellent and a great park headliner 
  • Abyssus just shows how much Vekoma (and EL) have improved 
  • The quality of newer to older areas is definitely noticeable
  • Park presentation and landscaping were better than expected 
  • Operations generally good but queue jumping awful, excellent food
  • Largely buzzing park atmosphere, especially on Magic Nights evening

Whilst some things need sorting, I honestly enjoyed this park much more than I was expecting and it is definitely becoming a key player in Europe (or even the world). There’s a vast quantity of attractions, but in time also quality. Surprisingly I missed a fair number of Creds, but I’ll mop those up should I return. 

• 4 weeks later...

Had a banger of a visit to Energylandia last Tuesday + Wednesday, park was busy, all the coasters open on 1 train but a second is added within half an hour of park opening. Not once did I ever see Zadra stack a train in the breakrun.

average queue time was around 15 minutes because of rapid operations, much improved over my last visit where everything was 1 train.

Some highlights:

Zadra is a monster of a coaster.

Abysuss is very fun

Park is always clean

Lovely vibe with music everywhere.

Food is genreally pretty good (avoid the 'chick' place in the dragon area though.

Park hours were extended on both days.

Lowlights:

Polish queue jumpers. Oh so many.

Hyperion was no longer enjoyable for me. the rattle is awful and it feels very potholey-