Ghost Train - Inner workings.

DMC4114

Sorry if this is the wrong place. First time here!

I am interested in the inner workings of the ride it self. I think it is amazing how well designed the ride is (Not the VR it self). It's good to the point where people don't question it, don't think about it or don't realise how it works.

I have been going on it a lot and I think I know how the ride layout works.

It's obvious there are three parts to the ride. That bit most work out. What people don't seem to discuss or perhaps realise is how. I have been on the ride a lot lately and I have worked out a few things.

- On both sides of the Victorian Train there are mirrors blocking the track behind.

- The train moves out of the station (Victorian carriage) sideways. Not like a normal train would.

- There are a minimum of three trains (over heard from staff)

- There are three different sections to the train track. Station room - Show room - Tube station.

- The train you get off in the tube station is the same train you get back on to. It has moved sideways onto the other track whist you are in the tunnels. (Confirmed by a staff member leaving his coat by one of the doors)

Would love it if anyone thinks I am wrong or right. Discuss why, question my thoughts and facts.

Below is my attempt at drawing the layout of the ride. I am disappointed with the VR my self but that has been talked to death in other threads. Point is, it's a stunning ride with room to grow it! Looking forward to them making improvements for 2017.

Tunnels-Tube Station-Show Room-Station
Track 2
Track 1
Victorian station

Car (tube train) moves sideways out of station to track one and then along the track. Moves sideways in the tube station to track two. Then goes back to the station room where it moves sideways again back into the station it self.

Discuss :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More or less correct.

The train moves in a rectangular fashion, with two shuttle movements and two horizontal transfers to complete the rectangle. An enormous amount of engineering is involved.

Shame the changes of location are so downplayed and therefore go over most people's heads, with no theatrics or delivery of the reveals other than if you pay attention and look behind you while being shouted at to get off. Otherwise it would be a fantastic illusion in itself (which was meant to be the whole point before all the VR stuff came along), and a brilliant attraction.

I disagree with what has been said so far.

I think what happens is the Victorian train is a still prop and the moving tube train is inside, so the Victorian train is basically a casing.

How I think the ride operates is:

- One bunch of passengers gets on at the Victorian station

- Train takes them to tube station

- They get off at tube station

- Passengers who were at the tube station before you get on the train back to Victorian station

- Them passengers depart

- Picks up another bunch of passengers

- Brings passengers to tube station

- The second bunch of passengers depart and you get back on

- Train takes you back to Victorian station

- You get off and leave ride

- Picks up more passengers

- Takes them to tube station

- Picks up passengers at the tube station

- Takes them to Victorian station

And it repeats like that.

I believe there is only one train and they just use very clever timings to get as many people as possible through. I do not see a point of three trains as there are only 2 train journeys anyway (or at least there was when I rode)

I disagree with what has been said so far.

I think what happens is the Victorian train is a still prop and the moving tube train is inside, so the Victorian train is basically a casing.

How I think the ride operates is:

- One bunch of passengers gets on at the Victorian station

- Train takes them to tube station

- They get off at tube station

- Passengers who were at the tube station before you get on the train back to Victorian station

- Them passengers depart

- Picks up another bunch of passengers

- Brings passengers to tube station

- The second bunch of passengers depart and you get back on

- Train takes you back to Victorian station

- You get off and leave ride

- Picks up more passengers

- Takes them to tube station

- Picks up passengers at the tube station

- Takes them to Victorian station

And it repeats like that.

I believe there is only one train and they just use very clever timings to get as many people as possible through. I do not see a point of three trains as there are only 2 train journeys anyway (or at least there was when I rode)

Your correct about the carriage. Thought I stated that my self but perhaps my wording was off! The Victorian train is the station. The tube train is the car inside. The Victorian train does not move.

There is 100% at least 3 trains. This has been confirmed by staff.

The rest of what you said is correct as your stating what happens. Question is, how does it happen ;)

See it as a rectangle just like others have said. You get on at the bottom right corner (Victorian shell). This moves to the bottom left corner (tube station) and you get off. While you experience the live actors the train moves to the top left corner. You now get back on the train and it moves to the top right corner where the majority of vr 2 takes place. Then right at the end it quickly moves back to slightly left of the bottom right corner, let's you off then moves backwards to the bottom right corner/Victorian train shell. (Unless you get let off in the Victorian train shell - to be honest I honestly can't remember which really says a lot about the change of locations and the fact I spent a lot of time convincing the people I rode with the train actually moved)

All this happens while 2 other trains are doing the exact same thing just a section/ corner ahead.

It's not possible to run 4 trains as they would effectively be grid locked.

1 hour ago, PJ. said:

Be nice if one day they did tours of the ride or film it. Thought they would never allow filming on it but they did on press night so you never know

I got a nice view through a gap in the train at a lot of the mechanics on press night as we were allowed to ride without headsets, was pretty cool!

I got a nice view through a gap in the train at a lot of the mechanics on press night as we were allowed to ride without headsets, was pretty cool!

Did they still cut the tube lights when you did? I guess you weren't allowed to take pics of that we're you?

On 10/22/2016 at 0:43 PM, PJ. said:

Did they still cut the tube lights when you did? I guess you weren't allowed to take pics of that we're you?

We were allowed to take pics, Lights were out in the tube but maintenance area was all there to see!

I thought I took a photo of it but cannot find it, may have done it with my Go Pro. I'll have a look to see if I can find it

It still makes me laugh how no one has mentioned the glaring detail in the plans that helps show how people move out of the Victorian shell...

What detail do you mean? The way you walk in and can see it is a train in a train. Or something else?

Well it's been mentioned here before, look at how the area has been marked with a cross on some plans.

8 minutes ago, BaronC. said:

The "I know something but I'm not going to say" game...Yay...

The reason I don't say this outright is so I don't come across as though I know something indefinitely, as I don't. There's no need to be sarcastic.

4 hours ago, Owen said:

The reason I don't say this outright is so I don't come across as though I know something indefinitely, as I don't. There's no need to be sarcastic.

Forgive the sarcasm, but when you post about a "glaring detail" in the plans which could possibly add more details to the thread, and are laughing that it's not been mentioned, and then fail to mention that said detail is, it feels more like you're trying to get a one up on others, as opposed to actually contributing...

1 hour ago, Benin said:

Aren't said boxes with crosses on the plans representative of lifts (I.e. Wheelchair lifts)?

Like, image of the building plans is needed to confirm...

Ta-da...

2016revisedpredictedqueue.jpg

(Thanks to TTP)

3 crossed boxes.