Your favourite Thorpe Park coaster?

Obliviben

1 hour ago, Mattgwise said:

I have come to really like Nemesis Inferno in recent years. So will have to go with that.

Same! Inferno has gone from my no.4 to my no.2 over the last two seasons. Colossus will forever be 5th, the ride has a good layout, a good audio, a good everything, it's just too rough (plus it needs a repaint) it has got to the point where I literally try to avoid Colossus all day when my friends keep saying to go on it I say the queue will be long as it is that bad.

5-Colossus

4-saw

3-swarm

2-inferno

1-stealth

the top 3 are all very close but stealth just takes it, I can see why it's a controversial one as many of my friends hate it or just don't find it fun and it is a short intense coaster, but I just love it!

also saw, it's a fun ride, but not re-rideable for me as it crushes the man parts, I can see why people love it, the theme is great and I adore the inside section and queue line, but it just isn't an amazing coaster.

anyway opinion is opinion so we're all entitled to think differently 

My favourite ride at Thorpe Park always changes...

Whenever I get a smooth ride on Saw (which happens every now and then) it becomes my favourite ride, but when riding Swarm in the perfect weather it's just absolutely breath taking and sometimes takes that spot.

However, fairly recently I've become very attached to Stealth (launch coasters in general). Launch coasters have just been my bae this year :lol:

Nemesis Inferno was at the bottom (out of the 5 main coasters), until Colossus took that spot after how rough it's been this year.

My top 5 may seem a bit odd to many, but is as follows:

1: Colossus
2: Stealth
3: Nemesis Inferno
4: The Swarm
5: Saw

I personally am just a fan of Colossus, just get more of a rush from in then anything else, same with stealth. Enjoy Inferno, especially back row. I find swarm just a bit naff, don't know why, I just don't like it. Saw, just don't enjoy it and causes me pain with every ride.

Out of the Big 5...

1)  Swarm

2)  Inferno

3)  Saw

4)  Stealth

5)  Colossus

Colossus just gets more and more painful lately, from the first turn off the lift to even the last turn before the final inline.  The only bareable parts of the rides are the inlines, but they can't be a saving grace for me any more. 

Saw is an intense ride, but I've only had 1 or 2 bad experiences with it.  It honestly boggles the mind for me that people say it's more uncomfortable than Colossus...

1) Stealth.
2) Nemesis Inferno.
3) The Swarm.
4) Colossus.
5) X.
6) Flying Fish.
7) SAW The Ride.

Stealth will always been No. 1 for me. Short, simple, fast and a theme that isn't doom and gloom like all recent investments in the park since 2008.

Nemesis Inferno wasn't always in the top 3, but over the years, it has really grown on me even though the original Nemesis is still clearly better.

The Swarm is lots of fun, smooth and re-rideable, but crawls too slowly through the inversions for my liking, not to mention it's very short.

Colossus is too rough unless you get the front carriage of seats, but still like it for what it is since Colossus was what started making Thorpe Park a proper competitor to Chessington at the time.

X is fun with the indoor music and lights, but I somehow wish it was a little darker inside the pyramid as everything is lit up too much.

Flying Fish is fun. Enough said.

Never liked Saw. It's just too rough for my liking, the beyond vertical drop feels forceless compared to other vertical drops and the outdoor layout (excluding the indoor section) I find boring frankly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk