Coco

What to expect from Face it Alone 2016 (my first ever.)

Question

Ok so I've actually booked my 2 face it alone's in now! (One for each day I'm at the park.) I've read reviews and comments here and in other places and it does sound pretty intense. I'm not asking for a full on description as I'd like to discover it mainly for myself. But is there anything I should especially watch out for? For example should I wear clothes that aren't particularly valuable/don't mind em getting dirty? And also should I bring a spare pair of glasses? As I'm a woman who has to wear them permanently, stuff is very blurry without them! And from what I've read it wouldn't surprise me if actors stole them from me temporarily!

Has anyone had Platform 15 as their face it alone? I'm a little confused by that one, I can see the things people have said in past reviews happening in Saw, Cabin and Big Top, but I don't see how that sorta stuff could work with Platform 15 since it's so open...

Lastly, it's just going to be me doing the face it alone, I've read you have to attend a ceremony thing for maze selection earlier in the day. Will whoever I'm with be allowed to come to this ceremony with me, or will they have to wait elsewhere?

Thanks for your help! I'm a mixture of incredibly nervous and ultra excited xD I would do all 4 days/mazes as face it alone's but I live way too far from Thorpe T_T

16 answers to this question

Rule one of Face it Alone - don't talk about face it alone ;)

just expect the worst really, it's tamer than previous years and I'm not sure if any members have done it yet but I'd wear clothes that you don't mind getting dirty and ones that you find comfortable to be on the floor with. Regarding the ceremony, if it's the same as last year they can watch! You won't be gone for long though :) 

22 hours ago, Coco said:

Ok so I've actually booked my 2 face it alone's in now! (One for each day I'm at the park.) I've read reviews and comments here and in other places and it does sound pretty intense. I'm not asking for a full on description as I'd like to discover it mainly for myself. But is there anything I should especially watch out for? For example should I wear clothes that aren't particularly valuable/don't mind em getting dirty? And also should I bring a spare pair of glasses? As I'm a woman who has to wear them permanently, stuff is very blurry without them! And from what I've read it wouldn't surprise me if actors stole them from me temporarily!

Has anyone had Platform 15 as their face it alone? I'm a little confused by that one, I can see the things people have said in past reviews happening in Saw, Cabin and Big Top, but I don't see how that sorta stuff could work with Platform 15 since it's so open...

Lastly, it's just going to be me doing the face it alone, I've read you have to attend a ceremony thing for maze selection earlier in the day. Will whoever I'm with be allowed to come to this ceremony with me, or will they have to wait elsewhere?

Thanks for your help! I'm a mixture of incredibly nervous and ultra excited xD I would do all 4 days/mazes as face it alone's but I live way too far from Thorpe T_T

I know what you are going through. I'm doing my first FIA this weekend to.

I did my first FIA this weekend.  I honestly recommend you do it. 

I don't want to give you any other information as I think it could spoil it. 

It wasn't just my first FIA it was my first ever time at fright nights to.

From what I've heard, they've toned it down a fair bit this year. Don't know whether this is legitimate, but I've been told that they're trying to avoid the "sexually evasive" side of Face It Alone from now on, focusing on how to make it scarier opposed to humiliation. Can anyone who's done both 2015 and this year's FIA confirm that?

Please please please wear things you don't mind getting dirty!! This year I had it so intense that my hair has been ruined from substances going onto it, not sure it really mentions in the waiver that you'll get dirty but you'll definitely experience some mess. SAVE YOURSELF

2 hours ago, Amarghh said:

Please please please wear things you don't mind getting dirty!! This year I had it so intense that my hair has been ruined from substances going onto it, not sure it really mentions in the waiver that you'll get dirty but you'll definitely experience some mess. SAVE YOURSELF

Cheers for the extra warning! Good to know :3 I'll have to raid my old clothes bags in the garage, see if anything fits and I'll probably trash it myself with fake blood and stuff so it won't matter haha.

The hair thing is a worry though! >.< I dyed mine purple a couple of weeks ago and it still runs pretty bad when I wash it, god knows what'll happen to it if it gets covered in weird stuff o.o

PS. Really loving the creepy makeup in your avatar, it's epic :D

22 hours ago, Coco said:

Cheers for the extra warning! Good to know :3 I'll have to raid my old clothes bags in the garage, see if anything fits and I'll probably trash it myself with fake blood and stuff so it won't matter haha.

The hair thing is a worry though! >.< I dyed mine purple a couple of weeks ago and it still runs pretty bad when I wash it, god knows what'll happen to it if it gets covered in weird stuff o.o

PS. Really loving the creepy makeup in your avatar, it's epic :D

I hope you enjoy it?

On 01/11/2016 at 7:02 PM, Amarghh said:

So, how was it?

Oh it was brilliant :3 I'll post a pic or two in the Fright Nights thread soon when I can get on my laptop. I got Big Top the first night and Cabin the second. Can't wait to do more next year, I'm officially addicted!! 

Thanks so much to everyone who gave me info :D

6 hours ago, Coco said:

Oh it was brilliant :3 I'll post a pic or two in the Fright Nights thread soon when I can get on my laptop. I got Big Top the first night and Cabin the second. Can't wait to do more next year, I'm officially addicted!! 

Thanks so much to everyone who gave me info :D

Nice. I&#39;m sure I will do it again if I go fright nights next year.