Favourite Scare Attraction

Coaster

I think The Final Cut is probably the best experience I've ever had in a scare attraction, but Sub Species/Asylum come a close second.

I only experienced Asylum twice in 2013, but I have fond memories of it, and Sub Species last year was bloody insane!

And The Final Cut was just paradise to me, with me being a film buff and all!

^Oooh, would be interested to hear a review of The Final Cut if you can do one! :D

House of Insomnia by Twisted Attractions in 2014 for me stands out.  A fantastically themed attraction from start to finish.  But it assaulted the senses too - every scene had a distinct smell, there was a freezer room that was very cold, a furnace room that was very hot, etc.  Decent length, and just all round brilliance.  The ending was a chainsaw chase, but not the best one, and the beginning scene needed louder audio, but that is about the only negatives! 

I also loved Studio 13 and Se7en (in its final year).  Studio really got me engrossed in the story line and it worked so well, and Se7en was just a fab experience. 

17 hours ago, BaronC. said:

^Oooh, would be interested to hear a review of The Final Cut if you can do one! :D

Gonna go into some detail as already done a none spoiler-ish review of it:

The Final Cut first off is brilliantly themed, especially the first half!

The first half involves a mini tour of the theatre, which has a strong smell of popcorn throughout!

After that you actually become part of the movie, which is transitioned through a very cool inflatable claustrophobic tunnel!

After this your zoomed into the world of Sci-Fi movies, which starts off with a cornfield!

This scene was very cool, the lighting, the special effects, it really felt like I just walked through a movie screen!

After that you go through various scenes which have some very clever scares throughout!

To name a few, there was a room which had a glass container  with a alien in it, as soon we walked in the lights went off to see a actor outside the glass!

My personal favourite scene had to be a room with a massive Triffid/Plant style monster which a actor controlled, this monster thing chased us out the room and gave a great jump scare!

The Final Cut also had a great ending, the ending saw a Alien chasing us out of the maze while a girl with a blank gun shot at it!

Overall The Final Cut made me laugh, it amazed me, and it gave some very effective jump scares involving large props.

The theming was amazing throughout, and The Final Cut had a great ending to top it all off.

My only negative about it was it wasn't blood pumping scary, but thats about all the bad I can say about it!

I have established an order for the scare attractions for this year. My top three are currently:

1. The Chop Shop (Tulleys)

2. The Big Top (Thorpe)

3. Horrorwood Hayride (Tulleys)

I have still not done Scarefest this year so this top three may change this time next Friday night

My favourite attraction of all time has to be Sub Species from last year. Absolutley crazy; definitely the best horror maze I've ever done! Cannot wait to see what's changed in it this year.

Well, after visiting Frightmare Saturday evening, I think I have a new favourite overall scare attraction... 

The Haunted Hayride... At first I thought this won't be as good as the Tulleys one... but as it went on I realised how different it was and things took an extremely unexpected twist that really took me by surprise, and it just went on and on, the longest, most unique and humorous scare attraction I've done, with lots of scares! 

start off watching a pre show video with the prison owner describing about the unique facility where prisoners are allowed to roam free. Then you board the trailers on the back of a tractor (sat facing forwards two on each side -  a bit different to the tulleys one), and with a soundtrack and a voice over tour of the owner bloke taking you on your way to the facility where you come across several sets of actors jumping up on the side of the trailer, and some even letting themselves on with you, there was a lot of great funny yet scary interaction with the actors. There were also loud bang and fire effects. Then this is where the attraction took an amazing twist -  we get evacuated off the trailer, and sent on our way through a horror maze section in an old farm warehouse, and inside with really dark spaces, effects and more prisoners made for lots of jump scares. Then just when we we thought we were at the end outside the warehouse, realised how far away we were still from the lights of the event area, and just assumed we had a long spooky walk back in the dark, but no, the attraction still hadn't ended there, came across a lot more actors who just wouldn't leave us alone, and it genuinely was creepy enough already walking through a really dark farm courtyard. Then find more actors to guide us in the right direction back while still scaring us, with more loud noise and lots of jump scares as well as one actor who wouldn't leave us alone and chased us all the way out to the exit.

• 2 weeks later...

My all time favourite maze has to be The Freezer!! It was utterly terrifying and was just horrible for all the right reasons. The actors in it never gave you a minutes peace and from the moment you entered the door to the moment you got out, it was completely crazy and Thorpe park has never had a better maze in my opinion. My favourite current maze is a tie between The Cellar at tulleys owing to its relentless jump scares and theming and Sub Species because of its aggression and the isolation factor it uses.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello

I don’t know if anyone is interested. But I have a Facebook page where I post pictures from UK scare attractions and spooky goings on in my life from scare events to horror movies. Would appreciate a like if your interested. This year I’m visiting loads of scare attractions and will be covering them on my page. 

https://www.facebook.com/Halloween-360-588111671548165/