Favourite Ride No More!

planenut

What a frightening thought, but one of the ride operators asked me yesterday "what if your favourite ride didn't exist, what would you ride?" Now, I had nightmares last night.

I think this is the first time I've ever been asked and if a person has one particular favourite ride, and it did not exist, then logically the next would become that persons favourite. However, if your favourite does exist, and then it did not, it is an odd thought. Well for me anyway.

Nemesis has to be the one. I'd like to hope it'll outlive me in one way or another, it's probably just about my favourite non living thing in the world. Maybe after beer.

Would hate to ever see it go, but the state of the park around it and attitude of the company owning it gives me great concern for it in the long term. 

• 1 month later...

The removal of Kingda Ka would be my nightmare, and what's frightening is that there are constant rumours about it being removed and that has actually been said by staff members before in previous years (even though removals have never actually happened).

Everyone knows that I have a huge soft spot for Kingda Ka (I couldn't have made it any clearer over the forum) and the memory of Kingda Ka is currently what is getting through A Levels. If Kingda Ka were to go, SFGA would probably be off my radar completely (maybe not completely but it wouldn't be a prioritised park).

At least we have TTD in case that happens.

Nemesis without a doubt, alongside its brethren Oblivion and GalacticAir, the thought of the Star Wars overlay staying for an extended period at Space Mountain Paris is also concerning. Shocked to see Rocket Racers depart so quickly after it returned and The Dragon Windsor ever being replaced is a nightmare I'd rather not think about.

Also, Alton if you could just reopen Nemesis: Sub-Terra and pretend that it's a viable investment...

Image result for that'd be great

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I feel like it is too late now to slammer.....

But on a serious note, for me Colossus, as I have a soft spot for it, it was my first coaster with an inversion, which somehow I was tall enough to ride when I was eight, and every visit I ride it multiple times without fail. I remember the as well back in 2013/14 when if you went over to Colossus for the most of the year for the last hour, quite often it would be quiet enough for you to just stay on, and I remember racking up 17 consistent goes without getting off on one of these days. In the last five years, I've only ever once not been on Colossus and that was down to closure. If when I'm going to Thorpe and hear the day before that Colossus won't be open, most likely I won't go. So yeah, if Colossus went I really wouldn't enjoy Thorpe half as much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can you imagine if that B&M masterpiece, Nemesis no longer existed? Now that is going to give me nightmares. I'd still visit Towers for the other coasters and Hex. My next go to ride there would be The Smiler so I'd say that. It's definately unique and very disorientating which I've never exeperienced on a ride like that before. (Ground, sky, ground, sky :P) But my favourite rides of all time list would have to be re-evaluated. Stealth for being such a rush of speed, height and airtime is quite high up on my list as is The Smiler.

On a side note, I was very sad when the Black Hole at Towers shut as it was my first ever rollercoaster. I liked the steampunk style station too. I did get my last ride on it in 2005 and the Black tent with a tribute notice board were still standing until The Smiler came along.