The Gruffalo River Ride Adventure

It's still a big investment, a big production at least, the fact Derren Brown was super-inflated expensive wasn't the reason it was delayed, or why every Merlin project ever has been delayed.

Building a dark ride is a big challenge. Though I believe the original Bubbleworks opened on time in May (bearing in mind it had been built from scratch, and the team also had to complete The Vampire the same winter). The Tomb Blaster redo thingy not opening on time last year was a right embarassment, they managed to take longer to install a fire exit and some half-arsed equipment than it took to build the whole of Terror Tomb from a totally empty building in 1994. 

28 minutes ago, Coaster said:

They announced a date for DBGT and failed to get the ride open for it (twice!), why are they advertising March for this if it's been delayed?

I honestly don't know why they announced an opening month for Gruffalo in the first place after last year's events.

Honestly Jamie your posts have been spot on lately imo. They cant advertise March if they know it will be delayed can they? Surely that breaks some rules somewhere?

20 hours ago, Project LC said:

While yes it breaks advertising standard agency rules on false and misleading information it would be very hard to prove that the media department knew. 

ASA wouldn't give a crap about departments if the company knows. The company has responsibility for its internal communication.

We'll have to wait and see what happens, but another delay would be embarrassing and another attraction falsely advertised as suggested would be unforgivable. Again.

3 minutes ago, Nick Hutson said:

I'm sorry... where is any proof of this? 

I'm sure you are well aware that there are many members here who find out many things relating to parks, and can post these things, but can't give any 'proof'.  And some members who almost constantly give correct and accurate information don't always need proof.

I mean there's always a chance I was told wrongly, or that it speeds up and opens on time anyway, but I wouldnt say such a thing in the first place if it were just a flimsy rumour I heard. It was certainly considered moving back to April last I heard anyway, and Merlin's track record doesn't fill many people with confidence. I have my reasons!

2 hours ago, BaronC. said:

I'm sure you are well aware that there are many members here who find out many things relating to parks, and can post these things, but can't give any 'proof'.  And some members who almost constantly give correct and accurate information don't always need proof.

I gave the wrong kind of proof didn't I :P

16 hours ago, BaronC. said:

Exactly. Never forget the train carriage... :P

• 2 weeks later...

One thing Chessington seem to be rathe prepared for though on this new attraction is the expected high queue levels.

16807760_1260515320669648_50914555910913

Source-Theme Uk.

I'm  not going to speculate on when this ride will open and if it's on time. All I will say is from one months time from now social media will either be flooded with Gruffalo reviews and pictures or major backlash as a result of delays.

21 hours ago, Matt Creek said:

One thing Chessington seem to be rathe prepared for though on this new attraction is the expected high queue levels.

16807760_1260515320669648_50914555910913

Source-Theme Uk.

I'm  not going to speculate on when this ride will open and if it's on time. All I will say is from one months time from now social media will either be flooded with Gruffalo reviews and pictures or major backlash as a result of delays.

If they're going to bring the queue round the side of the building where the metal shed is visible then the least they can do is install some sort of facade. I'd be happy with just a 2D forest background really. Anything that can cover up a metal building.

It'll never happen though. This is Chessington.