The Gruffalo River Ride Adventure

Legoland' music is actually pretty good if you listen closely enough. Andrew McKenna has done some great music for the park from the Dragon to Atlantis. 

Even the new Fairy Tale Brook Music is of decent quality too.

Compared to a number of years ago, the audio at Legoland is noticeably better in most areas.

As for the Gruffalo soundtrack, I'll hear it when I listen to it.

28 minutes ago, Matt Creek said:

Legoland' music is actually pretty good if you listen closely enough. Andrew McKenna has done some great music for the park from the Dragon to Atlantis. 

His music (and all the classic tracks) are brilliant, you're right. Brings back fantastic memories :)

as does Graham Smart's. Can't beat good talent and letting people be creative - most ride music today is quite overproduced and composers micro managed by the client, so it never really takes off and is all quite generic/predictable. 

3 hours ago, Wumbamillio said:

You really don't like Legoland's music do you :P You mention it on every occasion

I love most of Legoland's music :lol: I'm talking about the generic music they used to play in the Duplo Buffet which I literally heard in Poundland yesterday.

Looks exactly how expected for me, flat, sentimental and corporate. Only one quiet music track all the way round? However, its brilliant to see the lighting has been designed realy nicely, reminds me (ironically) a lot more of the original BubbleWorks and how it used to look - dark and colourful. The lighting should have never got so awful every year in 2006-2016.

Those are some truly laughable sound effects and the finale is indistinguishable from the rest the attraction now, bar the remnants of the fountains, which have been reduced to just an 'effect' rather than a spectacle. Everything static and drawn out like they had a 5 minute ride to fill with a 2 minute walkthrough idea.

Will be a decent modern ride experience for toddlers.

Chessington now couldnt be further from the park that produced the original from-the-hip BubbleWorks and crazy 5th Dimension & Terror Tomb. I truly cannot see Vampire lasting much longer without the removal of its edge and theatricality too (oh wait that's already happened through sheer terrible maintenance!)

I think you are all nit picking for the sake of it.

Do you not remember what was in place before that cardboard cutout, it was just a shower curtain. Everything in the station has always been cardboard or wood. You've also probably failed to notice the foliage that covers the entire ceiling. The station looks absolutely awesome!

I've not ridden this yet, but from everything I've seen online, I think they have done a fine job and there are a lot of enthusiasts at the park who would agree. Yes there are some dead spots, but given Merlin's track record, this surpasses my expectations. I think it's a worthy replacement. 

So stop picking at things that don't need it, but I do agree on the spacing between Ride & Adventure, wonder what happened there.

Really enjoyed the ride today as did everyone around us. It was calm and relaxing with many great effects it left a real smile on our faces.

The station has always been cardboard it does seem people do just want to hate this ride. Its certainly a lot better than the Bubbleworks of the past 11 years and if we like it or not will be a lot more popular than what a new Professor Burps would have been. Real credit to Chessington they have gambled and this will pay off for the park, people will hate it for comparing it to something it was never going to be, when you look at this and the last bubbleworks, CATCF and even Darren Brown its streets ahead.

3 hours ago, StevenVig said:

I think you are all nit picking for the sake of it.

Do you not remember what was in place before that cardboard cutout, it was just a shower curtain. Everything in the station has always been cardboard or wood. You've also probably failed to notice the foliage that covers the entire ceiling. The station looks absolutely awesome!

I think it's lit very well, just like the station should have always been, but its very nice,  I'd never say it was absolutely awesome. It's on par with a lot of decent children's walkthroughs and themed exhibits around the country. I don't think they've done anything remotely special here, and not "nit picking for the sake of it".

It's that day when no one can tell the difference between "new", "fixed" or "good". 

and if we like it or not will be a lot more popular than what a new Professor Burps would have been

I don't get this idea.. based on what? According to who? A new Prof Burp's would have been just as awful because it would have been built the same way as Merlin build all their rides. I havnt seen anyone judging this by comparison to the original. But what's clear to see is the original was about loud, all-round fun and energy & silliness; this one is a relaxing, quiet, very average sensory trip. Both are great, but they're quite different and I believe kids love energy and entertainment much more than adults give them credit for.

I just hate comparisons like this. 

2 hours ago, StevenVig said:

Just to further back up my point, at this point Gruffalo wins this one.

17342992_1240969055958391_74342585171784

Credit to Theme Park Guide

All I see is exactly the same kind of features, but one lit properly, another lit compeltely botched and amateaur.

The top photo shows the station totally broken, way too bright and bastardised in the retheme. Why are you comparing the very worst of one thing to an opening day shot of a brand new ride? Of course the station last year looked utter crap! That's not the point is it?

No I'm not dear, I didnt even agree with your previous swathe of negativity on here (apart from the music being dull), which you've now so easily changed your tune from some pictures & videos. This is how I expected the ride to look and it looks just like a good, decent kiddie grotto. But nothing more really. I'm not being cynical, I'm being objective.

Lights on the stairs is a very standard modern feature of attractions these days, and should have been done for BubbleWorks. Foliage on the ceiling and vinyl walls/flats, gobos on the floor is all very standard to. Nothing wrong with it at all, it's simply average and not pushing the boat out - because this is your standard commercial IP job.

Same with the music and audio throughout, and all its scenes & animations. The only truly nice touch I believe is the mouse on its tail animation and the waterfall effect - nice touches.

The previous Bubbleworks  from last year is irrelevent since the park management made sure to keep it looking trash, broken and terribly lit for comparison's sake - which obviously works when you have fans putting up two photos together and basing their opinions off that. If we want to play the photo game, how about this beauitful lively set:

17349937_1284512951603218_48677644953639

Flat white walls where used to be 5 big, different animations.

Or the whole ride plastered with vinyl prints
17358777_1284512988269881_75182039002423

Even better, a room of nothing but a white projection screen.

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-18%20at%2015.15.

My point is, the comparison photo game is arbitrary and meaningless. Judge by how much it entertains you in person, not by comparison or by photos.

It is most certainly an improvement on Bubbleworks 2, but it's hard to appreciate as much as should be when the original Bubbleworks was done so amazingly in a time with far less technology and expectations. I mean add in an image of the original bubbleworks for comparison too. (From British Theme Park Archives)

Image may contain: people sitting, night and indoor

It will be a success.