The Gruffalo River Ride Adventure

I'm waiting for the chipboard tunnel with projection mapping waterfalls beamed on to them...

It's certainty worth waiting to see what they do with it, it could be brilliant. But if the Smiler effort (with its poor alignment, unreliability and general simpleness) is anything to go by, concerns are more than understandable. A fanale of floating through the windows screen saver does not sound quite as magical as the strobing fountains.

• 3 weeks later...

15822828_10154100147816835_7149915876082TBH not the worst name I've seen for attraction and given the choices on the poll, arguably one of the better ones. However I must confess I am disappointed "I don't enjoy theme parks so who cares" didn't win.

Source-Merlin Annual Pass Facebook Group

Apparently there will also be Gruffalo themed rooms in the hotels.

15726683_1217889674932213_51994699740705

Source-Uk Theme Parks-Theme UK

It's alright I suppose.

They're not still throwing the "world's first" rubbish around are they? :lazy:

Logo;

C1Fd8EWWgAAmUFW.jpg

Description on the website;

Join Mouse on a magical riverboat journey through the deep dark wood. As you float down the lazy river, the world of The Gruffalo will magically unfold in front of your eyes, with exciting twists and turns along the way!

https://www.chessington.com/2017/

1 hour ago, Coaster said:

They're not still throwing the "world's first" rubbish around are they? :lazy:

I know people dislike it but it does grab people's attention which ultimately is the job of those within the PR departments!

The concept art looks fairly good actually and Merlin are usually pretty good at getting the final product close to the concept art - quite looking forward to it!

This is an oversight everyone makes, this is not concept art, it is promotional art and designed with the sole purpose of makign you excited about a brand, not the ride itself. The real concept art for the ride's production could be extremely different and won't be published.

As Merlin have proved with every single project they've ever done, take no notice of hype and promotion and judge only by the finished ride when it opens. :)

The only difference there being that Baron's promotional art uses an actual photo, or at least an honest representation, of the finished ride. I don't know many of Merlin's that use anything even from the finished rides.

Recently Chessington under the current management team have been big culprits for this, in their adverts showing footage from a completely different ride that doesn't exist in the park in the Scorpion Express TV ad, or heavy CGI to make the park look 3x the size and look completely different in their resort ads. On this front, it's a ridiculous company obsessed with image at all costs. Their hype really is nothing to do with the rides they make.

10 minutes ago, Wumbamillio said:

The only difference there being that Baron's promotional art uses an actual photo, or at least an honest representation, of the finished ride. I don't know many of Merlin's that use anything even from the finished rides.

Recently Chessington under the current management team have been big culprits for this, in their adverts showing footage from a completely different ride that doesn't exist in the park in the Scorpion Express TV ad, or heavy CGI to make the park look 3x the size and look completely different in their resort ads. On this front, it's a ridiculous company obsessed with image at all costs. Their hype really is nothing to do with the rides they make.

Or the rockwork beside the main drop of Dragon Falls that hasn't existed for numerous years now in their adverts!

4 hours ago, Themeparkwizard said:

What? Wild Woods? So The Ride Will Be Near Hocus Pocus Hall? Either The Building Is Getting Moved There(Unlikely) Or They're Doing Something And Building A New Building

Screenshot_2017-01-01-11-36-08.png

Screenshot_2017-01-01-11-36-08-1.png

It's perfectly obvious. Transylvania will be renamed. I'd be surprised if Vampire remains untouched really but I'd imagine it'll still fit.

14 minutes ago, Kerfuffle said:

It's perfectly obvious. Transylvania will be renamed. I'd be surprised if Vampire remains untouched really but I'd imagine it'll still fit.

Tell you what won't fit though. Transylvania themed buildings, most of which it would seem they're not changing.

Tbh, Bubbleworks leaving isn't the end of the world but I'll be very disappointed if Transylvania goes, it's one of my favourite areas in the UK.

EDIT: Transylvania is still Transylvania on the website, unless it'll change in March.

Screenshot_2017-01-01-16-40-06.png

5 minutes ago, ChessingtonSam said:

EDIT: Transylvania is still Transylvania on the website, unless it'll change in March.

Honestly, from past experience in web design, I highly doubt they'd change it on the day the change is announced. ;)

Anyhow, I'd actually be happy if they give Transylvania a complete overhaul to fit the new Gruffalo theme, because it just wouldn't fit in if they kept it the same. I'm already not a fan of the bright blue and green coloured facade for the ride but hopefully they do a Scorpion Express and surprise us last minute.

3 hours ago, Marc said:

I know people dislike it but it does grab people's attention which ultimately is the job of those within the PR departments!

The concept art looks fairly good actually and Merlin are usually pretty good at getting the final product close to the concept art - quite looking forward to it!

It doesn't advertise the attraction though, it's just a dull phrase which has been overused by Merlin.

Doesn't sound hopeful if they're selling it on the "world's first" tagline rather than the actual ride.