The Gruffalo River Ride Adventure

All UK Thrills and Attractions  have posted an update on the Gruffalo attraction showing the ride boats scattered around the old Carousel site.

16939554_952226054908027_397525693638002

16939158_952226041574695_220261574901950

The boats have been repainted a wooden brown on the outside and lighter brown on the  inside. I would say the outer layer resembles the old Professor Burp style boats, but I'm probably wrong. Different ride anyway.

Can't help but also notice the fence in the background. Probably a new inflatable game attraction.

A Merlin version of Professor Burp's would be the biggest tragedy known to man, they would go to town with brandifying it and sucking out its soul, we already had the 2p budget Prof Burp 'tribute' and that was quite enough!

(not the actor's effort, he was great, didn't really have a clue about the ride but did so well with what he'd been given! the park's attitude I'm on about)

Merlin wouldn't (and don't) understand the ride's appeal, because it was about colour and energy rather than IPs or abandoned warehouse "serious and edgy" themes.

5 hours ago, Wumbamillio said:

A Merlin version of Professor Burp's would be the biggest tragedy known to man, they would go to town with brandifying it and sucking out its soul, we already had the 2p budget Prof Burp 'tribute' and that was quite enough!

(not the actor's effort, he was great, didn't really have a clue about the ride but did so well with what he'd been given! the park's attitude I'm on about)

Merlin wouldn't (and don't) understand the ride's appeal, because it was about colour and energy rather than IPs or abandoned warehouse "serious and edgy" themes.

Why complain? At least they gave the ride a goodbye!

They didn't dear, it was a PR stunt to get more guests in over the summer, and it worked. They also lied to all the press that the ride had been the same for the past 25 years in order to capitalise on the 'nostalgia' of the original and get more attention.

They did not give a jot about the Bubbleworks and they knew/cared very little about the original. But they knew they could capitalise on it and it worked. They also (deliberately) ensured the ride stayed untouched in broken shoddy state, for the last 5 years while they set up their new plans. Any new ride would look good against something as ruined as the state Bubbleworks was in, and the "seen better days" excuse is easy to use if you've not spent any money on show maintenance for years!

The send off consisted of an actor in a bad costume, and a tour that existed only to squeeze some more money off guests, filled with made up facts and nonsense.

Not being a moaner, this is simply what happened, or what many witnessed happening.

9 hours ago, Wumbamillio said:

If I could like this post 1,000 times I would.

They'd probably do it Dragon Falls style. Perhaps just the ride in the empty warehouse, with the music cutting in & out, with the fountains just about spraying water.

• 2 weeks later...

Really surprised that ever since construction started last year there has not been a single image, video or even teaser about what the interior of this is going to like, especially with just 9 days to go before opening.

Despite there being mixed opinions on this redevelopment of Bubbleworks, I really believe this will be much better than a lot of us are expecting. It's clear Bubbleworks was on it's last legs during it's final years and it desperately needed something new and whilst the Gruffalo franchise is a favorite among many families and parents, it shouldn't necessarily be outdated within a few years time of being in the park. So on this one occasion, I welcome the use of an IP, but just like all new things, I'm holding out of praising or criticizing it until I've seen it myself and will be ignoring any marketing this time, regardless of how effective or convincing it might be.

The only concern I have is whether it will implement scenes which only involve a flat screen and a projector with static non-animatronic figures, reminiscent of Charlie. Hopefully that's not the case and if anyone might be able to confirm this if they know then that would be great thanks. :)

That's the surprise of a dark ride, you don't know what's inside until you ride it! Although Merlin projects usually do the reverse and show what they've got as much as possible (or a CGI version at least) to draw guests in, without much a surprise. I believe it's just not been in a finished enough state to show.

12 minutes ago, Wumbamillio said:

That's the surprise of a dark ride, you don't know what's inside until you ride it! Although Merlin projects usually do the reverse and show what they've got as much as possible (or a CGI version at least) to draw guests in, without much a surprise. I believe it's just not been in a finished enough state to show.

I would have hoped with just 9 days to go something inside would be finished to display, surely?!

If the park want to keep it all a secret and not reveal anything, that's completely understandable. I just find it odd that if they are doing that, what is there to hide considering many know the ride very well from previously? A teaser of some sort would be good if it looks great inside.

14 minutes ago, Martin.C said:

If the park want to keep it all a secret and not reveal anything, that's completely understandable. I just find it odd that if they are doing that, what is there to hide considering many know the ride very well from previously? A teaser of some sort would be good if it looks great inside.

Nothing from the previous ride exists now, the sets were completely stripped and probably completely demolished inside. It will be hardly recognisable from what I know, other than the trough layout.

This is not the music used, I am pretty sure the music is being done by Pitstop who did Thirteen and the like for Merlin .

I will laugh my bum off if that is the music replacing Graham Smart's BubbleWorks score (even the butchered 2006 version is more fun than that piece for a theme park ride).

25 minutes ago, Wumbamillio said:

This is not the music used, I am pretty sure the music is being done by Pitstop who did Thirteen and the like for Merlin .

I will laugh my bum off if that is the music replacing Graham Smart's BubbleWorks score (even the butchered 2006 version is more fun than that piece for a theme park ride).

That's the music being used outside, it sounds like the kind of music they play inside the restaurants at LEGOLAND, not the music you play outside your new dark ride ?