Thorpe Park Staff

Ashley W

I am, perhaps foolishly, thinking of joining the ranks of those to whom this thread refers next season :) So, any words of advice / derision / mocking would be welcome but for now, I just wondered when the new season's temp roles are posted? Something is telling me January but this could be complete rubbish.*Awaits mocking*

It's been twice since I saw this worker James. First time was 2 years ago when he started singing Baby by Justin Beiber on Saw: The Ride. I also saw him earlier this year where he started singing a cheeky bit of High School Musical on Storm Surge. Two boys I was with said they saw him at Fright Nights whilst me and some others were in the mazes. He apparently shook their hands and said ''It has been an emotional roller coaster spending time with you guys'' when they left the ride they were on. It's the staff members like these that make a trip to Thorpe worthwhile and I've been looking for him every time I go now.The one thing I do hate about the staff though is that when you put your belongings in on of the blue boxes, they never move unless you actually put it in the box. I went to the desk at Stealth and asked for one of the wristbands and the man refused to give it to me unless I put my shoulder bag (which was too big to fit in) into the blue box. I know it saves them effort but if the workers are going to put the box in one of the shelves then can't they just put the bag in as the go? I was in a rush as all my mates were already by the red gate things and it just held everybody up. o.O

The one thing I do hate about the staff though is that when you put your belongings in on of the blue boxes, they never move unless you actually put it in the box. I went to the desk at Stealth and asked for one of the wristbands and the man refused to give it to me unless I put my shoulder bag (which was too big to fit in) into the blue box. I know it saves them effort but if the workers are going to put the box in one of the shelves then can't they just put the bag in as the go? I was in a rush as all my mates were already by the red gate things and it just held everybody up. o.O

Swear the ones like that always have faces like a slapped bottom. O.oGenerally the staff I've encountered at Thorpe have been okay, although there have been a few I wouldn't mind giving a cheeky slap to. Like on Vortex - rather than stand there chatting about whatever is going on in your life, how about you save the chit chat for later and actually do your job? A huge group of people waiting to go on a ride that doesn't have the best throughput in the world aren't going to stand around all merry for very long are they? Besides, they're being paid to load and unload, not talk. Unfortunately I didn't get a look at the staff members names, but they were women ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I believe they're not allowed to touch peoples belongings - there's no chance of being blamed for breaking/nicking something if all they touch is the blue boxes.

To be fair that actually makes perfect sense. I never thought of that :L I guess the staff can't exactly say the reason they can't touch peoples bags either...Thanks for clarifying that :lol: