Thorpe Park Staff

Ashley W

• 3 months later...

yano, all you lot go on about is the fab ride staff and no one else .... I keep your THORPE PARK clean and tidy and have alot of stress at times and no one else from like invro ;) or f&b n retail get people saying "they was really good, kind helpfull etc - it feels like us lot in inviro don't get noticed as much as anyone else and it's not nice :D and for the peeps that see me at thorpe know I'm a laugh n half when I'm at work, so hopefully peeps might give us some good words and stuff....my rant over :)

There's loads of unsung heroes around every park. Have you ever started at 6am to clean retail and F&B units before moving onto your normal dept for the day? :).Loads of depts go unnoticed, every dept has at least one fantastic worthwhile person, its what makes the parks that bit special is that there are loads of people who genuinely care about it all.

You Ride guys are supposed to go un-noticed. People expect Thorpe's rides to run, its not a right its just agiven. :)

Then why do ride staff have to physically check peoples bars, why do they have to actually do ride and queue line announcements and talk to guests when rides have broken down, why do they have to TALK to people when they have fastrack or when they batch people onto rides?I'm not a ride guy anymore either.

Considering at Christmas you had two whole topics devoted to voting the best staff members at Thorpe and Chessington, why is a simple mention in here disallowed?

Its caused problems in the past , and I simply suggest if people have comments regarding individual staff, good or bad they contact the park officially.

Bump..... :)I love how you avoided Marks post.

Right...Does that mean that even though I made a point of going to guest services twice last year to compliment excellent staff, I'm still not allowed to post on here about the experiences I had. Can I comment on good experiences I had two years ago or do I still have to let Thorpe know through the official channels even though said staff member probably doesn't work there anymore.Not that I ever go "OH CHOO CHOO LADY WAS THE BEST EVER" (Real name not used so I do not offend), but it just seems like a slightly petty rule.Maybe you need to add this to the terms and conditions then because I had no idea this rule was in place...