Thorpe Park Staff

Ashley W

Well, today I did something I've been meaning to do for a LONG time. Just before I left, I popped into GS to ask if there was any way of being able to compliment staff via GS. The member of staff there, who I can't remember the name of for the life of me, was rather shocked, stating how it is very rare for that request, but she was also very pleased.Now, I know there's the whole no naming names policy, but I don't care. These staff have been constantly brilliant on every trip I've been one and they truly deserve as much praise and recognition as possible. Rikki, who you may have seen on Rocky Express being very vocal or sometimes the Fish, is just amazing. He always adds to the ride experience and is just so much fun. John, who drives CCR. Anyone who has been on CCR with him driving will know just has good he his. "This is usually the scariest part of the ride, where an ugly witch jumps out and scares everyone. Unfortunately, my mother-in-law doesn't work today." :P Also, Thomas. Seen him on the Fish and CCR (becoming a bit of a common factor ey? :P). He's just a nice funny guy who is always chatty. Plus, him singing to the CC audio track. Just lol. There's also another op, on FF, who is really good. Always says "The world needs people like you" or something at the end of each ride. Would have complemented him too, but didn't know his name. So yeah, if just couple more people would spare 5 minutes before they leave, maybe the world would be a better place. :P

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The staff always seem happy although there are some that instantly think that teenagers are there to cause trouble! But there is a certain one I cant remeber her name but when we were on zodiac she was screaming along with the kids on it saying wanna go higher :P hahaha its nice when they interact with the ride as well. :)

The staff always seem happy although there are some that instantly think that teenagers are there to cause trouble! But there is a certain one I cant remeber her name but when we were on zodiac she was screaming along with the kids on it saying wanna go higher :P hahaha its nice when they interact with the ride as well. :)

I know the girl you mean she's sound !

• 3 weeks later...

I'd actually suggest Thorpe staff actually smiled at guests, that would be nice. The only friendly person yesterday was the Fish operator, everyone else looked miserable.

I agree need to cheer up the only person happy yesterday was the girl on rumba .

Well, today I did something I've been meaning to do for a LONG time. Just before I left, I popped into GS to ask if there was any way of being able to compliment staff via GS. The member of staff there, who I can't remember the name of for the life of me, was rather shocked, stating how it is very rare for that request, but she was also very pleased.Now, I know there's the whole no naming names policy, but I don't care. These staff have been constantly brilliant on every trip I've been one and they truly deserve as much praise and recognition as possible. Rikki, who you may have seen on Rocky Express being very vocal or sometimes the Fish, is just amazing. He always adds to the ride experience and is just so much fun. John, who drives CCR. Anyone who has been on CCR with him driving will know just has good he his. "This is usually the scariest part of the ride, where an ugly witch jumps out and scares everyone. Unfortunately, my mother-in-law doesn't work today." :P Also, Thomas. Seen him on the Fish and CCR (becoming a bit of a common factor ey? ;)). He's just a nice funny guy who is always chatty. Plus, him singing to the CC audio track. Just lol. There's also another op, on FF, who is really good. Always says "The world needs people like you" or something at the end of each ride. Would have complemented him too, but didn't know his name. So yeah, if just couple more people would spare 5 minutes before they leave, maybe the world would be a better place. :P

think its amazing when people do spend that few mins sending praise to staff for the things they have done to make the day more fun- nothing better in a morning breifing than being made to blush due to people metioning you doing something good. also makes you start the day in a better mood- so keep sending the praise! shame there wont be a Rikki Express this year though

• 2 months later...

Guys just a reminder not to swear :)And not to tell others to shut up, especially when they themselves have worked for Merlin!The appropriate posts have been deleted, so if yours has not been deleted, you need not worry about your post being against the rules etc :DFeel free to discuss Thorpe's staff here in a friendly manner.

I have to say, this year, the thorpe staff are far better than previous years (though it may just be because I haven't visited yet this season).On a serious note, they have been gradually improving year on year - I think there's no coincidence that the staff have improved since that shouty Inferno operator left in... 07? :)

• 1 month later...

if I'm right the same guy, or maybe a different one sung haapy birthday to me when I went and he was shouting and jumping out on these terrified girls going into the station on x -_-

I made that post two years ago, I doubt he even works there anymore. I don't even remember the person I made that post about -_-

• 2 weeks later...

I got back from a fantastic trip from Thorpe park yesterday, I never thought I could get on so much in August! we got on everthing, from stealth to ranger county's railway by 3:30!! Which was amazing, the queues were so short, the longest queue was for Colossus at 50 minutes, the reason for this was because thorpe park had only sold a few fastrack, its amazing how fast a queue can move without fastrackers ruining the day! Anyway what I really wanted to say was a staff member callled 'Oli' or 'Ole' I can't remember who was working on Rush for the morning then on Saw the ride in the evening! He did such a good job at batching people of Rush and made the queue move like clockwork, like I have never seen before on Rush! I didn't even realise rush could be batched that fast! He organsied fastrack correctly and made sure every avaliable seat was filled! Infact many of the staff yesterday were friendly and fast batchers, maybe its the feeling of not having to deal with the main queue, fastrack and disabled! What a day though and thanks to the staff the queues were short which enabled me to ride stealth three times and half the park twice! Thank you thorpe park staff especially 'Ole' who made a big impression on me! If you don't know the name you will know what he looks like! Simply if I say Tinie Tempha!

• 1 month later...