AJ

Does the 17th December work for you?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. The Dates

• Yes - Saturday 17th December
    • No - Sunday 18th December
    • No - Saturday 10th December
    • No - Sunday 11th December

Good Morning all of you wonderful people! It's got to that time of year again and I'm very excited to officially announce plans for our traditional end of year meet in LONDON! The event will be held on Saturday 17th December  :P - I know there was no vote, but it always gets voted for the last weekend before Xmas, so predicted your responses. However a small poll is open just to ensure it doesn't disagree with too many people!

As a few people are aware, my career has taken off a fair bit recently and can no longer dedicate 100% to running these meets, so this will be the last one I am properly running - A separate topic about the new meet organiser Can be found here. I'll still be around when I can but I'll be more in the background

The Outline of the day will be as follows: 

Meet under the Waterloo Clock between 09:30 and 10:00 am. If by any chance you happen to miss this meet point due to travel arrangements or just plain lateness you can either a) phone or text so we can arrange to meet you or meet up at the second meeting point later in the day. This first part of the day we will make the most of all the Merlin attractions based in the area by going to London Dungeons, Sealife, London Eye and for those that can get in the New Shrek AdventuresPlease bear in mind we will leave without you if you are late as it’s not fair on time keepers! A couple of members have found out this on previous meets. We will stop for a bite to eat around Lunch, which could be Nando's but we will see what people think nearer the time. At lunch we will once again partake inSecret Santa as it was highly popular last year and caused much amusement. After the Waterloo attractions we will head off to Baker Street if we have time to see the wonderful Madame Tussauds or those who wish to break off for a little bit for a pint in the pub before heading back to Hyde Park at the end of the day to go Winter Wonderland. (The date was chosen so we can get actual christmas music  ;) ). I'd imagine we will have another eaten snack in the day and will be finishing it off with some drinks down the pub and/ or possibly a curry!  :drinks:

I will be handing out my phone number for everyone who is attending the meet that day, should there be any problems. We aim to stay together as a group for the day, going from one activity to the next, enjoying getting to know people you share very similar interests with, the idea is to just go with the flow and enjoy the day with some awesome people. There will be many photo’s in the day being taken I’m sure and the possibility of a few video clips. Whilst we cannot force you to stay with the group, it is the general purpose of these meets! You will have my number (and some of the senior teams) if you become split so by all means use it. The meets are a fantastic laugh and everyone is invited, even if you’ve never posted before or been to any kind of meet at all. If it's your first meet, I understand it can be nerve breaking - but we were all there at one point so know how it feels, please don't let this stop you from attending. Look at previous trip reports ( from 2013 - I am seriously behind) to give yourself a taster - (or videos people have been posting) Once there you'll be part of the group in no time!

Once again, everyone will have my phone number so please use it on the day If anyone has any issues or concerns or even nervous about coming, feel free to post here, or PM myself and I will get back to you as soon as possible. If you feel like my response is taking too long another member of the team will be more than happy to help. We will all try and help you out as much as we can.

Please PM me or post here to say if you’re attending. If you are bringing a mate along with you, please also include who they
are otherwise they will be known as ‘Thing 1/ 2 etc.’ The events with TPM have been fantastic this year, so that's finish this amazing year of events with a bang. Names will be added to the list once the date for the trip has been confirmed.

Update (Rough Plan)

We meet at 10 and will go straight to London eye

At 11 we will do London dungeons
At half 12 those who want a small lunch snack before nandos please go ahead and use the county halo facilities those who don't want to eat have a pint in the tavern at the dungeons
At half 1 we will do sea life and those who want to do shriek can go through at 1 before moving onto Baker Street
Predictably I'll say tussauds will start at half 3/4 those who don't want to do that can go weather spoons next door
Which means nandos will this year start roughly at 5
This will give us enough time to enjoy winter wonderland with predicted arrival of 7:30pm (possibly earlier like everything else but hey this is a rough plan for those who need slots for shrek and dungeons) and we will stay there till people filter out. 

(As it's my last meet I'm running - it seems fitting to have some drinks as that's how people have come to know me haha)

Attending (35-39)

Airtime Falcon

Alexander

Amarghh

Baron C

Cian

Han30

jamesTheManTheMyth

J.S217

Kerfuffle

KingNemesis (Maybe)

Liam_T

LG95

Luke_A

Marc

Mark9

Martin C

Martin Doyle

Matt Creek 

Mer

MilesK

Mitchada04

Mr Fish

mrmonkey

Nick Hutson

Paige

PasajeDelTerrorFan (Maybe)

Peaj

Phill Pritchard

Rocket (Maybe)

Roodie (Maybe)

Ryan

SmilerGeorge

StevenVig

Stuntman707

TallGuyDom (Evening only)

terrortomb

TopsyTurvy15 (Evening)

Wegloo (when he turns up)

Weronika (Paige's Friend)

Unfortunately although I will be off work that day I will be working till late the night before and working all day the Sunday. To get on the Saturday based on that and transport it would mean I would only be able to attend 11am to 5pm and thats with trains been on time. That and also the main attractions I want to do in London been winter wonderland and London Eye been carried out out side these hours and the fact I have no annial leave to use I will have to give this a miss which is a shame. I may have been able to request the full weekend off but to do that I would have needed the dates of this meet confirmed by the end of September. However its been great meeting everybody this year and I wish Peaj all the best in the future and look forward to seeing you all in 2017.

Edited by David B

2 hours ago, Liam T said:

Yay! My favourite meet of the year, I shall be attending (if its the 17th December!) & I have a hotel booked so no need for me to go rushing off after it's finished. :P

P.S. Luke/Mer I'm doing my research this year so I will know any unexpected surprises you plan to take me on! ;)

Haha! Super Spin? ;) 

Can't wait for this, it's always such a lovely meet and a good chance to catch up with members I don't see often ^_^  I wonder if the Eye will be as eventful as last time...

I'm also tempted to go Wetherspooning instead of Tussauds this time, as I've already had my taxi ride fix this year and been reunited with Boris :lol: We shall see though!

• Ryan unpinned this topic