TPM Presidential Election

MarkC

TPM Mini Election - Who would win our election?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. The election process ends tonight for the new USA President. Who would you vote for?

• Hilary Clinton
    • Donald Trump

If Clinton had won you'd probably just have the same people kicking off because of Trump claiming about polls being rigged and that an assassination wouldn't be so bad... Get your guns out etc.

So regardless if the winner, we would have incidents, but still likely from the one side...

7 hours ago, Ian-S said:

It would have happened whatever the result, you can't have a year long campaign with racism and hatred as it's core arguments stirring up both sides and expect people to just wake up the day after as if nothing had happened.

It's the inevitably that saddens me. Peoples xenophobia, homophobia, prejudice against people with disabilities validated. The self declared most powerful nation on earth turning in on itself. I doubt a Clinton win would have ever caused things like the picture I've uploaded to happen with such vigour.

And it's only the start as well. A Nation with guns thinking that anything but white and straight is wrong. Christ.

Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 07.25.32.png

Like Brexit it'll probably calm down once people see sense, but until then batton down those hatches.

Would Trump get away with repealing stuff like Gay Marriage?  Any political students in here that can explain American Politics to us?  I don't think it would be so simple as him snapping his fingers and it hapenning, it would have to go to the Senate and even though he controls that, there's no guarantee they would approve it and even then the Supreme Court could block it as being unconstitutional.  He can't touch abortionn laws at all but if you took everything he said as gospel you'd think he could.

Moral of that story being do your own homework and don't rely on Fox News as your source.

Hopefully if the DNC learn anything from this, it's not to do deals with nasty people and actually put forward your best candidate to win, not the one you want to win.