Mack Rides

JoshC.

Figured we may as well have a Mack thread since they're awesome.

At this year's IAAPA, Mack revealed their "Xtreme Spinning Coaster" concept...

CxVQw6QW8AEhBEk.jpg

(Image from CF Twitter)

In short:

-3 launches

-Spinning cars train

-4 track inversions

The interesting parts come with the ability to add a turntable in the station (like Pulsar at Walibi Belgium), so there can be 2 trains, with one in load and one on the circuit - see 1:18 in the video.  However, more interesting is the ability to have two separate stations and a traverser between the circuit; allowing for 2 different types of trains, with the video showing spinning car trains and BigDipper trains (like Lost Gravity at Walibi Holland) - see 1:41 in the video.

It has been said that a park has bought one; though not sure if that's for the 2in1 or the turntable station.

Looks like an interesting concept, and we now see what that test spinning car on Blue Fire was for.,..

The ridiculous thing is, the turntable/switch track idea are such common sense that its amazing it's taken so long for a company to do it with this type of ride. I love it though, the same rollercoaster with three different ways of riding. So I guess Europa have just thrown us a bone at their next potential rollercoaster I hope...

I imagine the precision required for the track lining up if it is going to be traversed at such speed means this isn't as easy to pull of as it first seems. There's usually a clunk clunk over transfer track sections on even the smoothest coasters, over time and in constant use I can see this being a reliability and comfort issue.

I'm sure that won't be an issue though hopefully in terms of smoothness as Mack have done it with Pulsar which a large portion of the main track is a part of a turntable transfer track so I'm sure that Mack have sorted out the comfort issue with detachable/transfer track :)

Looks like a nice twist on the Premier Sky Rocket model..

I think the transfer track won't be issue, especially now Mack have made Pulsar which from my knowledge doesn't have those types of problems at all.

The spinning will be very interesting, especially with 3 launches and on inversions!

Mack.. :wub: :wub:

When I visited Walibi Belgium Pulsar did seem to have a few issues with the turntable not working.  Not too unexpected I guess given it's new technology and all that.  

There was no obvious clunk or roughness over the turntable section either, but how it will stand the test of time is a concern.  But since its Mack, I'm sure it's been thought through.

• 3 years later...

Honestly think the rocking boat idea could make for a really immersive dark ride. I hope they install one at Europa just to make their dark ride offering even more stupid than it already is.

I think the Powerloop might be not as good as its older brother but it sure will be a favourite for the GP and a launched inverting watercoaster is something innovative for the industry.

I really do hope the rocking boat idea gets showcased, I think it could take off in the dark ride market which mack kinda dominates anyway tbh.