Fright Nights 2017

L7123456

1 hour ago, Jack said:

A rumour has been going around that Thorpe management are already discussing fright nights for this season (which I suppose is a positive), but they voted on having 3 well themed, long, detailed, and well thought out attractions or to have 8 quick mazes which they don't really put as much effort into.

I think it would be a no brainier for a lot of us on these forums but Thorpe obviously care more about quantity more than quality. I wasn't meant to share this with any of you (I know 2 people high up in Thorpe management) but I thought if I get banned from the park for a year then it's not too big of a loss, better you lot knowing and me being banned than the other way around.

If you were told not to share the information then you shouldn't have posted it.

2 hours ago, Jack said:

A rumour has been going around that Thorpe management are already discussing fright nights for this season (which I suppose is a positive), but they voted on having 3 well themed, long, detailed, and well thought out attractions or to have 8 quick mazes which they don't really put as much effort into.

I think it would be a no brainier for a lot of us on these forums but Thorpe obviously care more about quantity more than quality. I wasn't meant to share this with any of you (I know 2 people high up in Thorpe management) but I thought if I get banned from the park for a year then it's not too big of a loss, better you lot knowing and me being banned than the other way around.

Having only three mazes at Fright Nights would be a nightmare for queues: it's bad enough with 5. 

Then again, whilst 8 mazes would improve queues, the quality wouldn't be great. 

Another thing is that Thorpe do not have the space to create large mazes nor do they have the space to have 8 separate mazes. Where would they put them all? Big Top is returning as well as Platform. They won't use the beach again due to the flooding, they can use Cabins building and maybe the Lakeside Marquee... then where else? I guess behind Swarm island if they want to use that land. 

This information just seems a bit off. Thorpe should stick to 5-6 attractions that are all consistently good, like they were in 2014. 

2 hours ago, Jack said:

Why would this be a rumour? Thorpe doesn;t take  a day to plan fright nights. It takes them the whole year as a team to plan. Sometimes for some attractions I'm sure it takes longer.

15 hours ago, Jack said:

Wait... aren't Big Top, Platform and Saw Alive pretty much all but confirmed to be returning alongside a new IP? And as everyone else has said, Thorpe is landlocked, there's no way they can fit in 8 attractions. Also they'd have been working on Fright Nights 2017 for a long time already, especially if these discussions on huge IP's actually go anywhere. I personally think we'll see Saw and Big Top unchanged, Platform (hopefully) with some major changes and something new in place of Blair and Cabin. Also I would be surprised if we didn't see Containment return now it's permanent. What major IP's? Well I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'm not all that excited about the prospect of them using IP's again. But in all seriousness, I have a lot of hope that the new management will revitalise the event. God knows it needs it. I guess I am cautiously optimistic? After all they've got a solid acting team, they only need decent attractions (outside of Big Top) and voila, they'll have a decent event. 

I'm already so excited for this years event. Especially after seeing the spruce up the park has had since the new boss man has been employed. Fingers crossed for the best year yet. Found this little grid on Wikipedia to put it all in perspective, proud to say I have been in all of them. Yay 

ips I wouldn't mind seeing - resident evil, silent hill, a nightmare on elm street and Friday 13th

IMG_0966.PNG

10 hours ago, Owen said:

I would imagine the IP's will be linked to the same company, as it'd be easier (and cheaper) to gain the IP this way - similar to the Lionsgate contract. 

It would make sense, but are there actually many studios that have a large horror catalogue other than Lionsgate and Universal? I kinda doubt we'll see any Universal properties coming over, so in all fairness if they do get two IP's I can see them being from different studios. Still wracking my head as to what they could be. But to be honest, I'm not exactly hyped at the prospect of IP's making a big return. Here's hoping they pick something good. Also is there confirmation it's more than one IP? Because if so, that's pretty interesting. 

Who said they necessarily have to be movies? :P 

I wouldn't mind seeing Resident Evil - Biohazard personally, but I think that'd be just a bit TOO out there.

And I believe the press release mentioned "IP's" as opposed to an IP. (Might be making that up though so don't take it as 100%)

EDIT - Indeed, this comes from Attractions Management...

"In addition to the ride’s redevelopment, there are also plans afoot for new IP additionto the park’s popular Fright Nights staged during the month of October."

3 hours ago, Owen said:

Who said they necessarily have to be movies? :P 

I wouldn't mind seeing Resident Evil - Biohazard personally, but I think that'd be just a bit TOO out there.

And I believe the press release mentioned "IP's" as opposed to an IP. (Might be making that up though so don't take it as 100%)

EDIT - Indeed, this comes from Attractions Management...

"In addition to the ride’s redevelopment, there are also plans afoot for new IP additionto the park’s popular Fright Nights staged during the month of October."

Oh nice, Ike your thinking, guess it could be something other than films! Resident Evil would be amazing what with RE7 having just been released! Could see that happening to be honest. Have Thorpe even done proper Zombies before? Also the RE7 escape room was a massive critical success, could see them reacting to that by trying to get the IP. I would say silent hill would be cool, but there's no way Konami would give that IP away any more. 

Film wise, get out, rings and Alien are probably the biggest horrors so far this year. Not quite sure if any of them would really fit in at Thorpe, but it would be cool to see any of them appear. Honestly I'm liking your RE idea!

Key word is plans for multiple IPs. There are two plans, one for if they get both the IPs they're going for, one for just the one IP. They're not linked/owned or whatever by the same company unlike the Lionsgate set. It is much more like Universal's Horror Nights in the concept of having multiple IPs from different brands, as we'll still have Saw too so could potentially have 3 well known horror franchises on park.

21 hours ago, ProudToServe said:

IT could be.

As much as an IT attraction would be amazing, I can't see them doing two killer clown attractions. I wouldn't be surprised to see IT go to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal though. I am still clueless as to what the IP's are. I just can't really think of anything that would really suit Thorpe's style. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Marc pinned this topic
  • JoshC. unpinned this topic