Fright Nights 2017

L7123456

Last year's very early announcement was basically a mistake, but because most of the info was revealed and Ghost Train marketing was the focus, Thorpe just let it happen.  

For some context of when previous FN attractions were announced:

2015 - Big Top in August, Containment in September.

2014 - Studio 13 in September 

2013 - Lionsgate reveal in late July, with hints all during July

2012 - The Passing in September 

2011 - Experiment 10 in September

So plenty of time really. 

Of course, the good thing to do would be to advertise it on park during summer so they can draw people back.  The Lionsgate reveal and on-park advertising worked very well.  So if we end up with an IP replacement, the sooner the better in my eyes.  An original maze would probably end up being announced late August / early September.

Quick question, It may sound pretty stupid to you guys but can normal, non-celebs go to the press night if they own a Thorpe annual pass? Because I would love to get footage of the mazes and have no queues, quick replies would be much appreciated.

How many mazes and that do you think we will get this year. Obviously it says scare zoneS. Historically Thorpe park haven't done well with scare zones. 2002 scare zone wasn't brilliant and only lasted a year and then dead end was a joke and also only lasted a year but in just thought about asking you guys what types of thing we will be looking at. Typically for the last couple of years it's been; 5 mazes and 1 escape room with roaming actors

I would love to see ; 5-6 mazes

2 amazing scarezones

A show in the 4d cinema 

1 escape room( but different to containment)

Also a bit of themeing here and there wouldn't go amiss. 

Places for mazes I would put are; area on swarm island next to helecopter there is a big space there, area by stealths inclide there And also make more use of the dome there is a big space right in the middle 

They need at least 5 mazes again, but seriously don't know where the new ip will go, the area to the left of stealths entrance just doesn't seem big enough to me, unless they use the hidden gardens around the back as part of he queue line?

another place which could possibly work is the area at the end of Blair witch after the shed to the gate by rumba, it could easily fit a reasonably sized marquee and a queueline long enough to support 2 hour queues.

so basically there's the saw alive venue, the platform route, big tops area, stealth area maybe, rumba/Blair area and the beach if they can sort flooding issues.

And my last point is the one I feel most strongly about, Alton in the last 2 years finally realised what a scare 'zone' is, they don't incorporate 2 hour queues and they shouldn't have fast track sold for them, they are areas of the park filled with actors, theming, audio, fog and lighting effects. I really think the pathway from lost city flats to Colossus entrance could work really well as a scare zone, if not the entire angry birds/ amity area wouldn't be bad either.

reallly looking forwards to seeing what the 'huge announcement' scare tour posted about is...

6 hours ago, Jack said:

I really think the pathway from lost city flats to Colossus entrance could work really well as a scare zone, if not the entire angry birds/ amity area wouldn't be bad either.

Wouldn't happen. With Big Top being placed at Crust; and Rush's exit coming into that pathway. The park will want a 'alternative route' and won't want any rides exiting into a scare zone as not all whom visit Fright Nights want in on the mazes. Same with Angry Birds area; will be kept for the kids as that's the point of it, and it's too central. In retrospective view the only area I feel they could make it work would be around Inferno somehow; say the lift hill across to the edge; then you have an alt route via Angry Birds and DBGT.

The only way I suppose they could utilise angry birds land and heavy traffic pathways where children and families go is to say that the whole event is for people over 13 rather than just the mazes. 

I still think swarm island island has more than enough space for a scarezone or maze 

On 20 July 2017 at 11:09 AM, mrmatt said:

The only way I suppose they could utilise angry birds land and heavy traffic pathways where children and families go is to say that the whole event is for people over 13 rather than just the mazes. 

I still think swarm island island has more than enough space for a scarezone or maze 

But again if you think about access to the ride. Also think about Big Top. Think about how much overall space that took considering it stretched a fair way towards Crust, all the way down to the other side of Zodiac; you're probably looking at a pretty similar space overall at Swarm island, so you wouldn't have 'avoidance' room to get to the ride, or a queue line particularly easily, unless it's a small set maze.

6 hours ago, Flipper said:

But again if you think about access to the ride. Also think about Big Top. Think about how much overall space that took considering it stretched a fair way towards Crust, all the way down to the other side of Zodiac; you're probably looking at a pretty similar space overall at Swarm island, so you wouldn't have 'avoidance' room to get to the ride, or a queue line particularly easily, unless it's a small set maze.

I suppose this is true. I'm really interested this year of where they will all go. I suppose they could use the I'm a celebrity building for some sort of scary jungle as I'm a celeb isn't normally on over fright nights. Well just have to wait and see. Still no news on anything. Hmmm just over two months to go

7 hours ago, mrmatt said:

I suppose this is true. I'm really interested this year of where they will all go. I suppose they could use the I'm a celebrity building for some sort of scary jungle as I'm a celeb isn't normally on over fright nights. Well just have to wait and see. Still no news on anything. Hmmm just over two months to go

I'm predicting the Coffee shack seating area.

I hope Thorpe introduce proper scare-zones like the Towers this year.

I also hope the roamers will have more to do than just give a average jump scare or come up in your face.

Heck I've had highly amusing conversations with the actors over at Tulleys, and if Thorpe did similar, it'd be awesome.

The scare zones and roamers don't have to be terrifying, but as long as there entertaining, and have some good costumes, who cares?

I do hope the park could sort something out on Amity Beach, as the park really lacks spaces to put mazes now, and Amity Beach could host 1-2 attractions if the flooding issues are resolved.

Also can't wait for the obvious Love Island IP maze this year- it's going to be so sick fam! :lol:

1 hour ago, mrmatt said:

Is that for premium

I got mine for £1 

No it was the standard one, I had another look and the prices range from £5, £10 & £15 on different days, I wonder if its the ones that are selling well?

3 minutes ago, JoshuaA said:

The scare zones and roamers don't have to be terrifying, but as long as there entertaining, and have some good costumes, who cares?

Yeah I agree scare zones would be a perfect addition, they don't have to be scary just immersive, kinda like how universal orlando do for HHN.

Scare zones would be amazing as long as there was a strong theme and actors weren't jumping randomly from one to another. In the dead end scare zone it was awful. I saw people from the mazes in there a girl from the asylum really random and lost all effect it did have with shabby execution. 

I'm surprised no one has seen any park advertising for fright nights yet seeing as it's the summer holidays. 

On 22/07/2017 at 2:52 PM, JoshuaA said:

I hope Thorpe introduce proper scare-zones like the Towers this year.

I also hope the roamers will have more to do than just give a average jump scare or come up in your face.

Heck I've had highly amusing conversations with the actors over at Tulleys, and if Thorpe did similar, it'd be awesome.

My mate is in a bluegrass band... so naturally asked these guys if they'd do a song whilst we were waiting for the haunts to open last year :D

26 minutes ago, MilesK said:

The updated website now shows that on some days, the extra fee for Annual Pass holders will go as high as £20..

Soon they'll be asking AP holders to pay full entry price...

Well you could argue they've got to recoup the cost of spending £40M last year somewhere haven't they?!

What a bleedin' joke. Scarefest this year it is then...

Capture.JPG

• Marc pinned this topic
  • JoshC. unpinned this topic