Fright Nights 2017

L7123456

On 11/08/2017 at 9:18 PM, jessica2 said:

'In 2017, Thorpe Park teamed up with universal to bring The Walking Dead: Living Nightmare' (Wikipedia)

Like others have said, I wouldn't look into that if I were you! :P

I've seen this idea Thorpe are working with Universal on a few sites and I really don't get how people have came to that conclusion. The fact Universal have axed The Walking Dead from their Halloween events should be telling enough (minus the permanent one in Hollywood), not to mention it's not even a Universal owned property... 

4 minutes ago, Owen said:

Like others have said, I wouldn't look into that if I were you! :P

I've seen this idea Thorpe are working with Universal on a few sites and I really don't get how people have came to that conclusion. The fact Universal have axed The Walking Dead from their Halloween events should be telling enough (minus the permanent one in Hollywood), not to mention it's not even a Universal owned property... 

Oh just you wait and see

20 minutes ago, MarkC said:

Oh just you wait and see

I'm not saying it's not that IP, I'm aware of what we are likely going to be seeing - the point is there is nothing to suggest Universal have anything to do with this because Universal really have nothing to do with the show.

2 hours ago, Owen said:

I'm not saying it's not that IP, I'm aware of what we are likely going to be seeing - the point is there is nothing to suggest Universal have anything to do with this because Universal really have nothing to do with the show.

Am I missing something? The Walking Dead is an AMC show I believe and therefore nothing to do with universal?

21 hours ago, Owen said:

Which is my point, you've literally said the same point :wacko:

The thing I initially quoted claimed Thorpe were working with Universal - however I am saying because TWD is nothing to do with it why would they be involved, I don't quite get what the issue is ahaha.

To be honest I've not looked too much into it, just sharing what I've read so I wasn't sure if true or not! There are many much more knowledgeable here than I, I just enjoy speculating haha. Nothing on the patent suggests its with Universal so I'm not sure where that idea is coming from exactly. We know universal have done TWD attractions in the past, but as its no longer there anyway and not their IP I think its more people's imaginations running away with the idea.

Edit- that bit I found on Wikipedia has disappeared anyway lol

3 hours ago, mrmatt said:

Thorpe park posted a job advert for scare actors for fright nights. I had a look and the only two mazes mentioned are saw alive and the big top. It also says new terrifying attractionS for 2017. So maybe those are the only 2 returning from previous years. 

Platform 15 was all but confirmed to return for 2017 in our recent interview with Thorpe's Show Services team - https://www.thorpeparkmania.co.uk/articles/20-07-2017/Show+Services+Q+and+A

What we can infer from the job advert is that there will be more than 1 new attraction.

After looking at this picture I feel a little disappointed. Blair witch? Random that's coming back. But where I was expecting at least 2 new mazes and much more, by the look at this we are only getting the one maze to replace cabin. So that statement that this will be the biggest and scariest year yet seems a little bit of a cheat. Looks like we will still be getting 5 mazes as we have done in the past few years. If this is the case I'm feel a bit let down as like I did when platform 15 debuted last year. 

I feel like 1 outside maze should be enough eg Blair witch works alright, though their deal with lions gate must have been renewed. My worries are with multiple mazes outside it makes things difficult when it rains as it does in the uk a lot. 

58 minutes ago, Roodie said:

When Thorpe said it was going to be the biggest this year did they actually state that it was the number of mazes or was it just our interpretation of what they said?

On the thing they said new scare experiences and scare zones as in pleural so one would assume it's more than one 

1 hour ago, Roodie said:

Scare experiences could be anything from more scenery to different or maybe more actors. Did they actually have a scare zone last year as I can only remember the wandering actors. 

Hopefully in in week or two all of the questions will be answered.

The last scare zone that was at THORPE PARK Resort, was Dead End: Terror Zone, and it was sh*t

fright2010deadendentrance.jpg

• Marc pinned this topic
  • JoshC. unpinned this topic