Fright Nights 2017

L7123456

38 minutes ago, StevenVig said:

The last scare zone that was at THORPE PARK Resort, was Dead End: Terror Zone, and it was sh*t

fright2010deadendentrance.jpg

Maybe it's coming back I'm sure they've got the props sat somewhere ? ? Haha it was shockingly awful.

The wandering actors last year were great I thought! More of those would be good.

29 minutes ago, StevenVig said:

They were okay, I think they would have been better if they didnt follow the same path all the time, and were a bit more dispersed

Yeah to get the jump scares from people its best if they don't see them coming. Was amusing when they did that to people glued to their phones. 

I suppose some people are scared of all horror related things so gives them a place in the park they can go to avoid it all if there's a set route (though I'm not sure why you'd go on a fright night if that's the case but hey ho).

On 17 August 2017 at 8:59 PM, MilesK said:

The sticks could also be from American Horror Story: Roanoake. They make more sense than Blair Witch returning out of nowhere, although the hat indicates that it will come back :(

I really wanted this to be true, and whilst they are similar; alas, it's definitely for Blair Witch Project. It also makes sense with a remake of the film being planned, Lionsgate and/or Thorpe will want to keep it place, much like SAW (contract aside for that).

_____

So to clarify from that image, we have:

- Twig dangly thing, hat, and torch from Blair Witch Project.

- Pig mask from SAW

- Ouija Board, wigs, hats, and striped pants from The Big Top.

- Atlanta Police Badge which has now been identified elsewhere as being relevant, somehow, to The Walking Dead.

Can someone shed light for me on the mannequin head? Is that SAW just because the mannequins are in the queues as it has no relevance to the attraction(s) or films?

4 minutes ago, BaronC. said:

Mannequin heads were used in Platform 15, many of the 'dead' people on the train for example.  So I think it's from there.

Mannequins are also used in the Saw films to test / show off traps, which is why they're about in the queue for the ride.

Thank you. I don't recall too much of Platform. And I don't recall that aspect of the SAW films (gasping, as I am quite a big fan) but I haven't watched them for probably about a year if not more now.

On a side note; I'm still waiting for American Horror Story *praying*

I think the Ouija Board might be another hint that Platform 15 will return sadly as Platform did sort of had a Ouija Board section, so it would make sense.. Yay..

Walking through big open spaces that kill any chance of a scare or anticipation followed by long dull tunnel isn't my idea of fun.

Anyway here's how I predict the lineup to be like, this is just a rough guess..

Blair- The Teasers.. the hat, the torch, the twigs, it really cannot be anything else but Blair Witch.

AHS would be amazing, though, I'm not hyping myself up.

Platform- After the teasers, I'd be shocked if it didn't come back.

Big Top/Saw- both have been mentioned in the teasers, and both are pretty much 99% returning.

Walking Dead- pretty much confirmed again, if it is, then its a pretty decent IP, if Thorpe don't pull a Platform on us, it could be great.

I bet Containment will probably have a revamp too,  though I think it'll probably stay similar.

6 hours ago, BaronC. said:

Mannequin heads were used in Platform 15, many of the 'dead' people on the train for example.  So I think it's from there.

Mannequins are also used in the Saw films to test / show off traps, which is why they're about in the queue for the ride.

Also John Kramour uses an abandoned Mannequin factory for his ware house as stated in Saw.

9 hours ago, Jack said:

Why on earth would the ouija board be for the big top?! Surely it's for the final scene of platform, I also thought that the flashlight could be but now you say it it makes more sense for Blair witch.

Because in the first scene of Big Top the Fortuneteller has a Ouiji board in her 'tent' which sometimes they had on the table and sometimes they had it with the props to the side. There wasn't a physical Ouiji board in Platform 15 to my memory.

and JS217 that's right I remember now. I should really watch SAW again at some point.

The fortune teller (Madame Mephisto) had a crystal ball in 2015.  Occasionally they'd use tarot cards as well, but I never experienced a ouija board.

The ouija board was the key part of Platform 15's finale - you would try and summon the spirit of the conductor of the Sleeper Express, who had crawled through a "2 mile long tunnel" to try and get help.  The ouija board either appeared at the end of the tunnel (where the scare happened, but it meat only the people at the front could see it), or before the start of the tunnel (which happened later in the event).

1 minute ago, BaronC. said:

The fortune teller (Madame Mephisto) had a crystal ball in 2015.  Occasionally they'd use tarot cards as well, but I never experienced a ouija board.

The ouija board was the key part of Platform 15's finale - you would try and summon the spirit of the conductor of the Sleeper Express, who had crawled through a "2 mile long tunnel" to try and get help.  The ouija board either appeared at the end of the tunnel (where the scare happened, but it meat only the people at the front could see it), or before the start of the tunnel (which happened later in the event).

Sums up what I was about to type! Thanks

I didn't see a Ouija Board in Big Top either.

Though to be fair, in most run through's of the 2015 version they just rushed us out of the first tent without a word as the obvious amazing batching and great job of handling crowds that they do over at Fright Nights ;)

On 19/08/2017 at 3:18 PM, BaronC. said:

Looking back at the idea, the finale could of been great.

Tense, long, dark, and full of scares.

Though ironically IMO the second half was actually by far the worst section of the maze.

I think they should maybe make the tunnel darker this year for starters, as the tunnel was actually a little too light from my memory, so you could see where you were going..

And I think they need to adjust the final scene, so it has more of a impact on the entire group.

If Platform does return, lets hope they pull a Big Top on us again and turn a terrible maze into a great one.

On 19/08/2017 at 2:18 PM, BaronC. said:

Perhaps I'm confusing it with the tarot cards but I don't think so ? So perhaps I'm thinking back to the year before. I dunno. What I do know is I only did two runs through Platform and both times I was near the back so I never saw it used in that. I just recall the use of it in Big Top where she's summoning the assistance of above to tell a fortune and bam, run, save me from clowns, and the party begins. But maybe I'm confusing it with the tarot cards. My Fright Nights memory has become pretty hazy. ?

On a completely unrelated note; it's been mentioned a few times about viewing figures etc. and I'm sure I read somewhere that through streaming, and viewing figures on FOX (comparing both shows) AHS is a bigger deal than TWD. So I'm still holding out since this rumour has been about for a couple of years and really has been strong this year.

On 18/08/2017 at 11:50 PM, JoshuaA said:

Blair- The Teasers.. the hat, the torch, the twigs, it really cannot be anything else but Blair Witch.

The torch is from Platform 15; they used them in the tunnel I believed. The twigs could be from Roanoake and the beanie hat is worn by Violet in an episode of Murder House.

I'm convinced that AHS will be joining the lineup.. they have literally destroyed the entire pathway which Blair Witch went down... We'll just have to wait and see..

1 minute ago, MilesK said:

The torch is from Platform 15; they used them in the tunnel I believed. The twigs could be from Roanoake and the beanie hat is worn by Violet in an episode of Murder House.

I'm convinced that AHS will be joining the lineup.. they have literally destroyed the entire pathway which Blair Witch went down... We'll just have to wait and see..

On second thought, I guess the entrance is gone, and if the pathway is too, I guess the chances of Blair returning is very low.

Plus that space behind IAC seems to be having something done to it, so I'd probably bet a new maze would go there.

I do have to say though some of the hints were very Blair-witch-ish, though that could be Thorpe just trolling us tbf :lol:

If AHS does actually happen though, I will cause a tsunami in my bedroom due to how wet that maze would make me.

Blair leaving wouldn't be too much of a loss anyways, as it was kinda dull last year.. Like it wasn't awful, but it was just meh.

Watch Jack silkstones latest vlog to see where he thinks the new maze, or re-vamped (again) Blair witch will go this year. If you cba I'll sum it up: in short he thinks the other new attraction (not walking dead, the one in Blair witch's place) will go from the area behind IAC and lead down the old Blair route, but only half the length. Personally I think AHS could work well here if they included some indoor and outdoor scenes, although I highly doubt AHS will happen.

On 20/08/2017 at 10:50 PM, MilesK said:

I was wondering this and I was trying to remember which series had the character with the beanie in! Especially considering TBW she wears a grey bobble hat and I had it in my mind in AHS one of them wears a red one ? The twig people are also present in Coven. Only know that as I'm rewatching it ATM.

IF our dreams come true and we get AHS it will surely go into Cabin. AHS outside just wouldn't really make sense unless it focuses on Roanoake - but it's the lowest regarded season yet - so even if you consider it would be probably similar to what universal offers, it would almost indefinitely be indoors. But in the flip of that, I'd except TWD outside so perhaps it fits together in the right way? I just still don't believe TWD is going into Cabin.

• Marc pinned this topic
  • JoshC. unpinned this topic