Fright Nights 2017

L7123456

14 hours ago, Flipper said:

I was wondering this and I was trying to remember which series had the character with the beanie in! Especially considering TBW she wears a grey bobble hat and I had it in my mind in AHS one of them wears a red one ? The twig people are also present in Coven. Only know that as I'm rewatching it ATM.

IF our dreams come true and we get AHS it will surely go into Cabin. AHS outside just wouldn't really make sense unless it focuses on Roanoake - but it's the lowest regarded season yet - so even if you consider it would be probably similar to what universal offers, it would almost indefinitely be indoors. But in the flip of that, I'd except TWD outside so perhaps it fits together in the right way? I just still don't believe TWD is going into Cabin.

What is this I don't even?

18 hours ago, Flipper said:

IF our dreams come true and we get AHS it will surely go into Cabin. AHS outside just wouldn't really make sense unless it focuses on Roanoake - but it's the lowest regarded season yet - so even if you consider it would be probably similar to what universal offers, it would almost indefinitely be indoors. But in the flip of that, I'd except TWD outside so perhaps it fits together in the right way?

Roanoake seems to be one of the stronger seasons, it looks way better than the crap we got from Hotel and Freak-Show.

Though yes if we did get AHS, it would make more sense for it to be inside- as if you look at most of the AHS settings, most of them are inside a building of some kind.. Whether that be a house, a Insane Asylum, a Circus Tent, or a Hotel..

I still have some doubt though we would see AHS at Fright Nights, but that might just be the inner cynicism in me taking over :lol:

11 hours ago, Benin said:

What is this I don't even?

Based on reviews (ie Rotten Tomatoes and those shared through IMDb etc) Roanoake was not as well received as other seasons. It also comes at the lowest for overall viewing figures and Ryan himself said afterworld it didn't work the way they intended. Admittedly it wasn't my favourite season but it wasn't the worst. Equally though I don't mind Hotel; just disliked every element of Lady GaGa and her storyline within it. But I digress.

I would say back to Fright Nights itself but there's nothing to talk about so... ?

11 minutes ago, mrmatt said:

They are cutting it a bit fine with information and reveals. I just need my fast track tickets now then I'm all sorted 

There have been plenty of times when they've announced new attractions for FN in September - Containment, Studio 13, The Passing, Experiment 10, Dead End were all announced in September.  I'm sure if we were to go further back plenty of details weren't revealed until very late on as well. 

We've really been spoilt with early Fright Nights announcements the past couple of years.  Maybe the early reveal meant the hype train died away too early, hence why they're trying the 'something is coming' tactic.

13 minutes ago, Themeparkadict said:

Guys Yh it's merlin but do u reckon this will be a maze u go in a Congo line on ? As it has stairs this is gona be verry dangerous if someone jumps out st u 

If there are stairs they most likely won't have a huge scare on them, although I do remember back in 2010-11 saw the ride always had 2 or 3 actors in the inside section of queue and also on the stairs, so who knows!

3 hours ago, Jack said:

If there are stairs they most likely won't have a huge scare on them, although I do remember back in 2010-11 saw the ride always had 2 or 3 actors in the inside section of queue and also on the stairs, so who knows!

Yeh true Ik this is a little off topic to what I'm quoting but when do u reckon they will reveal the mazes and have the fastracks online ? Because with it being around 30 days to first event and they haven't said anything is a little worrying however brings the excitement up

10 hours ago, wegloo said:

No, thats already been and happened. That's either a set piece or a second level.

What I more meant was it could be a large set piece which doubles up as a way to stop people gazing over, as opposed to a second floor.  But yeah, should've been clearer.

8 hours ago, Themeparkadict said:

Guys Yh it's merlin but do u reckon this will be a maze u go in a Congo line on ? As it has stairs this is gona be verry dangerous if someone jumps out st u 

Terror of the Towers at Alton had stairs half way through the route in 2012 (not sure if it still does).  It was awfully done, with only a regular member of staff near there encouraging people to go down the stairs safely - complete atmosphere killer.  

So it can be done, but it can be a negative effect to the experience. 

12 minutes ago, Jack said:

I'd give it another week before I start to get wound up, I'm pretty sure it'll be at least 20 days before press night so they have enough time to bring in the crowds, it's very annoying but it's just a matter of waiting now!

I'd love to have seen you in the days when Se7en was announced.  Happened quite late on (about a month before the event started) and construction for the maze didn't start till there was about 2 weeks before the event.  THAT was cutting it fine.  

1 hour ago, BaronC. said:

I'd love to have seen you in the days when Se7en was announced.  Happened quite late on (about a month before the event started) and construction for the maze didn't start till there was about 2 weeks before the event.  THAT was cutting it fine.  

I would've hated that, although I think I may have actually done se7en once or twice but cannot remember too much about it? If it had one room that completely stunk then yes I've done it. However back then I wasn't really a full on enthusiast, I just went to Thorpe every month and then when October came the mazes would pop up and I would go in a few of them if the queues were small.

• Marc pinned this topic
  • JoshC. unpinned this topic