Fright Nights 2017

L7123456

15 minutes ago, Joester said:

Do you think they still have what was inside experiment 10, and if they did, do you think they'll reuse them for some of the other mazes? I'm not sure how experiment 10's theme crossed over with any of the other mazes though...

They probably still have it all in storage somewhere, but it won't tie in with any of the current IP mazes I don't think...

unless they dump it in the big top prop room of course??

Just now, Jack said:

They probably still have it all in storage somewhere, but it won't tie in with any of the current IP mazes I don't think...

Depends really how delicately they stripped in for the My Bloody Valentines refurb... 

5 minutes ago, Jack said:

Thats another point, do you think that they'll have the exact same layout for big top? As much as I loved all those props in that one room, I felt like it could've been spaced out a little better? The strobe room was good but that had little themeing inside, while I feel that prop room almost hogged it all haha

18 minutes ago, Joester said:

Do you think they still have what was inside experiment 10, and if they did, do you think they'll reuse them for some of the other mazes? I'm not sure how experiment 10's theme crossed over with any of the other mazes though...

I would assume most of Experiment 10 was just reused or binned when they turned the containers into My Bloody Valentine, and there's not much of that worth reusing in my opinion...

16 minutes ago, MarkC said:

The gravel is extremely chalky from what I remember, making everything clothes turn white. Also as you said will surely be way to congested in terms of evacuation and safety.

Am I also right in saying due to the maintenance shed being accessed through this way that it will require a lot more cornering off preventing flow more?

It's not *that* chalky, and certainly not worse than making people walk through Blair Witch when it was a bit wet and muddy.

The maintenance shed could still be accessed.  I guess they could create a pathway to the open area, and have maze and queue there.  Not perfect, and I imagine a logistical pain in the butt for staff, but not impossible in my books.

American Horror Story *ahem*

Tuesday 5th September is the premiere date of the new series.

Black and yellow is the symbolic colours for the new series, Cult.

The writing resembles loosely that of a beehive / bees which has been heavily used in the AHS marketing.

The background image is very similar to that of AHS Coven: a wooden stake, a cross, ashes...

Y'all think of me on Tuesday when it's announced.

(on a serious note I'm still clutching at straws, I have literally no idea and this to me is just wishful thinking)

1 minute ago, Flipper said:

The writing resembles loosely that of a beehive / bees which has been heavily used in the AHS marketing.

The background image is very similar to that of AHS Coven: a wooden stake, a cross, ashes...

(on a serious note I'm still clutching at straws, I have literally no idea and this to me is just wishful thinking)

You're definitely overthinking it? I'm just expecting last years lineup with twd now

1 hour ago, Flipper said:

Give it up already....

I think in terms of IP's I think TWD will probably be the only thing we're getting this year..

The Experiment 10 Containers do intrigue me though, and they make me think we might get a second new maze this year, but due to the wording in the marketing being "a global phenomenon" I think if a second new maze were to happen it would be non IP.

I do hope they do really put effort into the IP this year whatever the IP is, and I hope they pump it with actors and generally give it somewhat of budget unlike with previous efforts..

*Cough Platform cough*

5 minutes ago, StevenVig said:

Give it up already....

Hard to give it up when so many people are suggesting it still as the unnamed IP alongside TWD, and that TWD is an overlay theme ?

I still dont don't believe TWD is not in Cabin. And I still don't believe TWD is a strong enough 'theme' to be considered the main pull factor for Fright Nights. Plus they've been transparent in saying that there's new additions (plural).

I'm still expecting a second addition/IP; if it's AHS I don't know as I don't believe anything anybody tells me. But I'm looking forward to finding out what it is because right now TWD on it's own isn't pulling anyone in.

1 hour ago, Flipper said:

because right now TWD on it's own isn't pulling anyone in.

Oh I think it will. TWD is a massive IP which is of a greater relevance than any of Thorpe's current mazes. For the last few years the park have created one new non IP maze as that year's pull - so a large IP themed one would surely do more than that!?

2015: random clown maze - managed to pull guests in.

2016: random train maze - managed to pull guests in.

2017: a relevant 'global phenomenon' themed maze - Erm I think it will manage to pull guests in alright.

2 hours ago, Flipper said:

But I'm looking forward to finding out what it is because right now TWD on it's own isn't pulling anyone in.

How do you know this? I didn't know you had a crystal magic ball looking into the future?

As on planet earth Thorpe have not officially announced anything yet.. And the event hasn't started yet too (you can't judge how well a IP is gonna be for a park if it hasn't even been announced yet)

Stop jumping the gun, how well this IP will bring in crowds- only time well tell.

As other have said too, FN has been financially successful for 16 years or so now, and most of the GP don't care what the themes of the mazes are..

The event has brought in huge crowds for years now, so a massive TV Show like the TWD I think will only boost the profits for this year.

• Marc pinned this topic
  • JoshC. unpinned this topic