Fright Nights 2017

L7123456

7 minutes ago, mrmatt said:

I'm so excited for this. 

But...

saying this year is the biggest ever is a bit of a lie as they have replaced two mazes with two mazes so not really bigger. I believe the most mazes fright night has had is 6 a few years ago. Hmmm. Unless there is more they aren't telling us. 

With the popularity of The Walking Dead id say its by far the biggest in that respect even if not in the count of mazes.

Also mazes will open at 3pm this year but will open at 12pm during half term which will help queues!

23 minutes ago, Marc said:

I'm not gona lie I just read it and is a little disappointed that there doing two mazes on this one like topic if I'm honest after all the hype they say that but I'll probably get shot down for saying this ??

6 minutes ago, Themeparkadict said:

I'm not gona lie I just read it and is a little disappointed that there doing two mazes on this one like topic if I'm honest after all the hype they say that but I'll probably get shot down for saying this ??

This is what I'm saying. I feel a bit deflated seeing as we pretty much knew from the beginning it was walking dead but I was waiting for thorpe park to pull something else out the bag. 

And where are the promised scare zones. Because even though the outside mazes are great the good thing about scare zones is that you don't have to queue 

Hmm this is very interesting, 2 mazes based of the same IP, thats a unique move (though I say location is X for the indoor one and Blair witch for the outdoor one, unless plat 15 becomes even longer ;) )

But if done right and with the right effort this could become quite a interesting event and that talk of using the cinema for walking dead clips a nice idea (throw in a actor or 2 in there for good measure though ;) )

I'm pretty happy with the lineup this year.

The Walking Dead has been known for ages now- but I think the  IP is very relevant and quite popular even over here, so I bet it'll bring in tons of people.

Two attractions on The Walking Dead I guess is milking the most they can out of the IP, but overall the lineup looks pretty good.

The Cinema is a nice extra too, and I think this might be one of the better years of the event if they put enough effort and theming into TWD.

I'm actually a tad disappointed that Containment might be free this year, as in 2015/2016 it generally had no queue due to the slot system which meant

it was the only thing in the lineup you didn't have to wait 120-180 minutes for..

• Marc pinned this topic
  • JoshC. unpinned this topic