Fright Nights 2017

L7123456

1 hour ago, Benin said:

Advertisements are based upon your own browsing habits... One assumes you've watched the IT trailer or looked up for tickets... Plus WB can target advertising to all FB users between certain limits, so I doubt there's anything CONSPIRACY about that...

I know ? it was a joke - read the first bit of my post, there's no new IP.

What I'm most intrigued about by these walking dead mazes is how well they will be put together in relation to Universal own mazes for there HHN and also how different they will be, being that this is Thorpe Park I'm going in with very low expectation in the hope that I will be pleasantly surprised as I have been lucky enough to attend HHN.

How annoying... I go to book my annual pass holder ticket for a fiver, then I check with my mates to see if we're 100% going, then 10 minutes later they go up to a tenner!! 

Is is this because Thorpe want more money? To reduce crowds? Or because they are actually selling out? Please somebody reply as it has actually rather annoyed me??

1 hour ago, Jack said:

How annoying... I go to book my annual pass holder ticket for a fiver, then I check with my mates to see if we're 100% going, then 10 minutes later they go up to a tenner!! 

Is is this because Thorpe want more money? To reduce crowds? Or because they are actually selling out? Please somebody reply as it has actually rather annoyed me??

I think the fright night pricing goes up along with demand but i could be wrong..

Sorry if I am being a bit think here, but what is stopping any of us purchasing FT now for FN dates? Just checked on the website and I can book ultimate FT for any FN date. I appreciate this does not include the mazes....

And on that note... least year they have UFT available including the mazes for the first couple of weekends, which then became unavailable the weeks after... does anyone know if they will be returning this year?

20 minutes ago, Rach666 said:

Sorry if I am being a bit think here, but what is stopping any of us purchasing FT now for FN dates? Just checked on the website and I can book ultimate FT for any FN date. I appreciate this does not include the mazes....

And on that note... least year they have UFT available including the mazes for the first couple of weekends, which then became unavailable the weeks after... does anyone know if they will be returning this year?

You can buy ordinary ft for fright night dates but everyone's waiting for the maze ft. Mazes won't be included in the usual uft you will need to buy the fright nights uft for mazes 

Me again... 

This new maze behind the swarm island looks like its going to be intresting! It has the old swarm fire truck in the middle of it. Notice how in the photos the ends of the containers has been boarded up... Looks like theres alot left to do on the other walking dead maze, lots of metal work outside. 

dscn5938.jpg

dscn5940.jpg?itok=_vKkCW4N

dscn5941.jpg?itok=bNwgX_TYdscn5947.jpg?itok=x-L88KXA

http://themeparkguide.biz/news-page/news-display/1342

Given that Sanctum is an outdoor maze, could it be that the containers are just being used as things for you to walk around to help the route?  The containers were pretty beaten down in the 2015, hence why one wasn't used at all.  Using them to shape the route is cheap, and has the chance to create jump scares (bashing anything against those containers makes a VERY loud noise after all).  In all honesty, I expect Sanctum to be a bigger, better, more coherently themed version of Dead End; given the space behind Swarm is just blank it's all I can see working there.

42 minutes ago, Joester said:

the path on the side hasn't been themed yet or that the containers are going to be put to some use internally.

I assumed the side path would be where the queue went? And I also hope that there will be a mix of indoor and outdoor scenes. If they could pull off something similar to zombies scare zone from towers I would be reasonably happy.

On 9/9/2017 at 9:37 PM, Joester said:

the path on the side hasn't been themed yet

From the looks of it, I think the path to the side may just be a vehicle track so they can go around the maze without damaging the grass. If I'm thinking of the right spot this track is used by emergency services and probably some TP vehicles.

I'm fairly certain I saw it advertised there this morning, so a very recent change.

Though I'm still under the impression that the cinema is being used for Walking Dead clips and the like, so maybe it's just been replaced on the website to advertise the RIP lounge.  Hopefully it still happens and it's always nice to see it used, and similar things worked well enough in the past.

Bring back the days of Barry and Stuart performing in there!

21 hours ago, Graw said:

what was the cinema like when it was used for the SAW movie bites? did they have actors in there and stuff or just horror clips with the 4D effects, I'm curious

I'd be interested in knowing this too! The only fright nights show I've seen in the cinema was the circus of horrors and that's going back a fair few years now lol.

If it's just clips of the TV series I'll probably give it a miss but at least it will help (even marginally) with queues.

21 hours ago, Graw said:

what was the cinema like when it was used for the SAW movie bites? did they have actors in there and stuff or just horror clips with the 4D effects, I'm curious

8 minutes ago, jessica2 said:

I'd be interested in knowing this too! The only fright nights show I've seen in the cinema was the circus of horrors and that's going back a fair few years now lol.

If it's just clips of the TV series I'll probably give it a miss but at least it will help (even marginally) with queues.

I didn't watch it (18+ only), but I seem to remember that actors and special effects were advertised, but they never actually appeared.  It ended up just being some clips from the first 5 films (of gory traps) and the trailer for the new film (Saw VI I think?).  Quite disappointing. 

If memory serves me correctly, there was an 'Ultimate Horror Movie Bites' show in 2002 and 2003, which showed assorted horror film clips and the finale was Texas Chainsaw Massacre with an actor with a chainsaw appearing.  Not too sure on that though.  Wasn't that popular and replaced with Circus of Horrors. 

• JoshC. unpinned this topic