Fright Nights 2017

L7123456

So Thorpe are doing backstage tours of the mazes but it appears only for VIP annual pass holders (unless announced elsewhere for others)

https://www.merlinannualpass.co.uk/vip/golden-experience-tickets/thorpe-park-resort-the-backstage-tours

Maze Backstage Tours (1 GT for two people)

The Backstage Tours are on the following dates ONLY, take place at 10:45 and must be booked by emailing VIP@thorpe-park.co.uk.

• Friday 29th September – Big Top and Platform 15
  • Sunday 1st October – SAW ALIVE and Platform 15
  • Friday 6th October – Big Top and SAW ALIVE
  • Sunday 8th October – Big Top and Platform 15
  • Friday 13th October – SAW ALIVE and Platform 15
  • Sunday 15th October – Big Top and SAW ALIVE

Terms and Conditions apply. This experience is subject to availability, non transferable and may not be suitable for those of a younger audience or a nervous disposition.

As expected, Living Nightmare will consist of two floors, with scenes from the hospital, prison & more from seasons three and four of The Walking Dead. Great stuff, I'd imagine this'll be a pretty lengthy experience. Sanctum too, has been said to have "plenty of obstacles in our path" as we attempt to escape the clutches of the roaming walkers & return to safety. Exciting!

More info regarding this all on ScareTour's Facebook: 

https://m.facebook.com/ScareTOUR/

A "double storey" scene doesn't necessarily mean you'll go upstairs..

In fact, given how the prison scene looks in the show, I'd be very surprised if you do go upstairs.  It'd just be a very narrow walkway, which would require unsightly enhancements to make safe:

The-Walking-Dead-59-prison.jpg

Entirely possible an actor might be on the second storey or something, but I'd be very surprised if you did go up.

12 minutes ago, BaronC. said:

A "double storey" scene doesn't necessarily mean you'll go upstairs..

In fact, given how the prison scene looks in the show, I'd be very surprised if you do go upstairs.  It'd just be a very narrow walkway, which would require unsightly enhancements to make safe:

The-Walking-Dead-59-prison.jpg

Entirely possible an actor might be on the second storey or something, but I'd be very surprised if you did go up.

The walking dead attraction is all one floor.

14 minutes ago, Ringo said:

The ultimate fastrack + mazes, that appears not to be unlimited rides fastrack unlike the non fright nights ultimate fastrack - is that normal or a new change?

They've worded it differently, so that it just lists the rides you get unlimited Fastrack on.  Though they might want to remove Rush, Slammer and Rumba Rapids... ;)

9 minutes ago, mrmatt said:

That seems steep I'm sure it was only £25 last year. 

Ooh, looking back into it, the 5-combo was actually £30 last year (£6 a maze like the coasters), so it's actually gone up by £14.  Would assume then the single maze Fastrack are £9.  Definitely a big jump, but certainly needed. 

Ultimate FN Fastrack was £99 last year, so it's gone up by £26.

38 minutes ago, BaronC. said:

They've worded it differently, so that it just lists the rides you get unlimited Fastrack on.  Though they might want to remove Rush, Slammer and Rumba Rapids... ;)

Ooh, looking back into it, the 5-combo was actually £30 last year (£6 a maze like the coasters), so it's actually gone up by £14.  Would assume then the single maze Fastrack are £9.  Definitely a big jump, but certainly needed. 

Ultimate FN Fastrack was £99 last year, so it's gone up by £26.

With the ultimate + mazes they’ve added 

fastrack timeslots are available from 11:00

But if you’ve got unlimited riding like non fright nights ultimate then you don’t get timeslots as you go on things when you want. 

16 minutes ago, Graw said:

okay so on the (insanely expensive) fastrack tickets it says containment is not included, confirming it's return....but I can't find tickets for containment anywhere on the site. is it actually coming back?

It is coming back as it's listed as an attraction on the Fright Nights page.  Not sure why they haven't made tickets available (unless they're considering a change in price and that's still being finalised).  I'd guess it would go on sale very soon though! 

1 minute ago, mrmatt said:

I really don't know how they can justify a £14 increase for the same number of mazes. I could understand if it was 7 or 8

The cost of Fastrack is continually rising.  It is a premium product and they do want it to be limited.  However, there is a case of trying to find the right balance between making it accessible to everyone (in terms of cost), making sure they make enough money (like anything else, it's there to make money and has targets to hit) and making sure it's limited enough.  

If they sell it at too cheap a price, it means they have to sell loads to meet targets, everyone will want it, meaning it's not a premium product and defeats the point.  Not to mention how much it will annoy guests.  Make it too expensive (and reduce the quantity sold) and people won't buy it, they won't make enough money and it will just annoy guests ("it's too expensive").

The large jump in price would suggest to me that they're reducing the number of Fastrack tickets available.  Hopefully it'll be noticeable, as the number of Fastrack tickets sold as always been a major complaint come Fright Nights.  

38 minutes ago, BaronC. said:

Probably just saying that Fastrack starts for 11am for rides and 3pm for mazes, since some people think they start straight away.  Odd wording though! 

That’s probably it and as you say it’s just worded wrong. Although there is no use of the word unlimited either.

14 minutes ago, mrmatt said:

I really don't know how they can justify a £14 increase for the same number of mazes. I could understand if it was 7 or 8

Something has to pay for the new mazes. But in seriousness it could be they’ve listened and implemented changes to fastrack so it’s not oversold. Nobody really knows until the first week.

^what Baron said 

1 minute ago, mrmatt said:

Still a bit pricy considering what your getting. I think they should do a ghost train fast track included 

The ultimate fastrack (Non fright nights) does include a one shot for ghost train. Not sure if the removal for Fright Nights ultimate is intentional or a mistake

The price rise is simply supply and demand. Either they think demand will be greater or they have reduced the supply. Seeing how last year they sold out a lot then I have a feeling they are just adjusting the price for demand. If people are willing to pay that much then Thorpe are going to charge it as it makes them the most money.

4 hours ago, Ringo said:

That is just hideous. You can go to Shocktoberfest on a peak night and get 8 quality mazes for less than this... you'll probably wait half the time to get in the mazes at Shocktober too, as they will no doubt oversell them as per usual.

The thing is, people are going to pay it...

4 minutes ago, MilesK said:

That is just hideous. You can go to Shocktoberfest on a peak night and get 8 quality mazes for less than this... you'll probably wait half the time to get in the mazes at Shocktober too, as they will no doubt oversell them as per usual.

The thing is, people are going to pay it...

If they still oversell it like previous years than there is something MASSIVELY wrong!!. For those prices I expect to not be waiting nearly 30 minutes for the fastrack line.

Seeing a price increase is no shock really and if theoretically this reduces the number of fastrack sold for guests as a whole, I can’t see an issue with it. However, people are going to buy it at any price regardless, so it’s just a question of how many and if a limit per day will be imposed this time.

The bigger concern I have is the fact most major coasters now have three main queues - normal, fastrack and priority, as well as a considerably reduced ride lineup compared to 2016. Just as long as the queues aren’t managed like the mazes were in 2014 with the old Reserve ‘n’ Ride system and operations are the best they can be with everything on full capacity, it should be OK.

• JoshC. unpinned this topic