Fright Nights 2017

L7123456

4 minutes ago, mrmatt said:

Well. Expensive fast track tickets aside. I still feel like we've been let down a lot this year as we were promised scare zones and new horror experiences which I guess they mean walking dead but it's not a horror experience it's a maze. 

Probably worth waiting until the event starts before writing it off ?

28 minutes ago, Ringo said:

Probably worth waiting until the event starts before writing it off ?

Yeah I will do. I have begrudgingly paid for the fast track because I hate waiting for mazes but my whole family wanted them so splashed out £220 on fast tracks. As I've said before this is my 12th fright night year in a row and the best year in my opinion was 2010 

I do like the event- don't get me wrong, but queuing  60-180 minutes for a half arsed maze that has group stack galore isn't fun..

I'm actually baffled by people who think this event is well organised.. And now the only way to enjoy it (fastrack) requires you to take out a loan..

I'd rather fork out £20 for Alton's long, detailed, scary mazes than queue up for hours to be presented with (bar Big Top) a half arsed experience..

Alton's system is far from perfect, though at least they have some kind of control of crowds.. Fright Nights even earlier on in the season is like a a zoo compared to the likes of Tulleys.

I've always gone to fright nights the first Friday. Except this year because they added extra dates after I booked tickets. I always buy the fast track still because the times I went there seemed to be 40-1hour and 1+ hours for some all night except for the last hour or so. Also for people not buying fast track who want to try and do all mazes. This year I would say queue up for a walking dead maze first and do this 30-40 minutes before the attraction opens as a queue gets big before the mazes open. 

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right section, new to the forum, but here goes anyway... I'm going to my first fright nights on 30th Sept and was wondering what people recommend as the best technique to get the most rides and mazes done as possible? I've been to Thorpe Park a few times during the normal season, but my boyfriend hasn't been at all so I want to make sure he gets the most out of it (without forking out for FT). Also I've not done DBGT before, and even though from what I've seen on here it seems to be large queues and pretty hit or miss, I still want to give it a go as I love Derren, so getting that into my agenda is pretty important but I'm okay with missing some things out.

5 hours ago, cloclopops said:

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right section, new to the forum, but here goes anyway... I'm going to my first fright nights on 30th Sept and was wondering what people recommend as the best technique to get the most rides and mazes done as possible? I've been to Thorpe Park a few times during the normal season, but my boyfriend hasn't been at all so I want to make sure he gets the most out of it (without forking out for FT). Also I've not done DBGT before, and even though from what I've seen on here it seems to be large queues and pretty hit or miss, I still want to give it a go as I love Derren, so getting that into my agenda is pretty important but I'm okay with missing some things out.

Try get there for 9:30ish and get through the security queues as soon as possible - hit what ever major coasters open first whilst keeping an eye on Ghost train (it usually opens before 11) and if i was you id ride it as early as possible. This way ive managed to get all the major coasters done within the first hour and in the queue for Ghost Train by just gone 11.

As for mazes its hard to tell but id expect Walking Dead Living Nightmare to be the busiest, often people will start to queue up to an hour before they open so that maybe a good option (will be shorter than the queues later on!) Platform 15 / Walking Dead Sanctum will likely be better done at night.

I recently emailed Thorpe VIP regarding Face It Alone and The Backstage Tours, Really disappointed that Face It Alone is now confirmed to not be returning for the foreseeable future :( It was a great 4 years while it lasted filled with lots of memories and I am happy to say I was part of it! 

Regarding Backstage Tours they will be up on sale on the website soon! :)

eMAIL.png

BTS Tours never included Fastrack before.  So, assuming maze Fastracks are £9 per maze, the price of the actual tour has only gone up a couple of quid.

Of course, you have to wonder if the people doing BTS tours care about Fastrack, since they're either in a position that they've done the mazes before and will do them again anyway, or they don't do the mazes outright and just want to see them.

16 hours ago, Marc said:

Try get there for 9:30ish and get through the security queues as soon as possible - hit what ever major coasters open first whilst keeping an eye on Ghost train (it usually opens before 11) and if I was you id ride it as early as possible. This way ive managed to get all the major coasters done within the first hour and in the queue for Ghost Train by just gone 11.

As for mazes its hard to tell but id expect Walking Dead Living Nightmare to be the busiest, often people will start to queue up to an hour before they open so that maybe a good option (will be shorter than the queues later on!) Platform 15 / Walking Dead Sanctum will likely be better done at night.

Thanks a lot!

I'm a bit of an escape room fanatic too, is containment worth it and should I book a ticket in advance?

5 minutes ago, Joester said:

With the train conductor scene at the end of platform 15 gone (No tent visable for the scene to occur) What do you think will be the changes to platform 15? The tunnel section looks to be the same, which is mostly what let the whole maze down for me (looking past all the uneventful walking!)

Well we can't exactly see what's inside the tunnel so we have no idea whether it'll be the same or not. 
Hopefully they make some big changes to everything that is past the train scene, as I actually quite liked that section of the maze. The rest was awful. 

• JoshC. unpinned this topic