Fright Nights 2017

L7123456

2 hours ago, Jack said:

You gonna be posting the live PoVs again this year? Or just the audio clips? Because I liked how you posted the PoVs last year (I think it was your blog I followed lol) 

That was probably me yeahhh. This year I think we’re gong full out. Audio recording, and prending permission, photos and videos from within the mazes. Rather than it being just one person doing the live this time there’s 3 of us. So should be good 

34 minutes ago, James Allgood said:

That was probably me yeahhh. This year I think we’re gong full out. Audio recording, and prending permission, photos and videos from within the mazes. Rather than it being just one person doing the live this time there’s 3 of us. So should be good 

Sounds sick!! I'll be there from start till finish 

Apparently big top's mirror maze section is returning! If so I hope it doesn't replace the mesh strobe maze, and I also hope it is a proper mirror maze this time, rather than black walls with a mirror on it! 

Whats your guys' opinions on this, I would prefer last years version to remain untouched tbh but that's just me.

1 hour ago, Jack said:

Apparently big top's mirror maze section is returning! If so I hope it doesn't replace the mesh strobe maze, and I also hope it is a proper mirror maze this time, rather than black walls with a mirror on it! 

Whats your guys' opinions on this, I would prefer last years version to remain untouched tbh but that's just me.

Na, you wouldn’t.

3 hours ago, Jack said:

I think you'll be taking those words back in a few days :o

On 23/09/2017 at 11:13 AM, Coco said:

So now that Containment is actually bookable, does anyone know what's happened in regards to booking your free slot as a Shark hotel guest? 

I booked everything before fright nights details were released and once they said Containment was included in a hotel stay, I asked customer support if that still applies to my booking, they said yep, you should get an email soon about booking a slot..... Our stay is next Saturday and still nothing >.< Live chat isn't up atm and I have a weird phobia of using phones to call customer services xD

Upon check in, you'll be given a time :)

25 minutes ago, MattyMoo said:

Intrigued as to how Containment has changed - was genuinely impressed from experiencing it in 2015 :)

I went in containment on the first year, I don't know if I had a bad run through but I thought containment was a joke, it wasn't scary the puzzles didn't make any sense and it was a waste of money as they just randomly let us out after about 5 minutes saying that we passed. Haven't done it since 

1 hour ago, MattyMoo said:

That's a shame... we had a bit of confusion at the end as the door wouldn't open even though we had "escaped" but other than that, I thought it was a decent attraction.

I've never done it either mainly due to cost if it ends up being rubbish- though I understand why they charge for it as it does have a low throughput

What's everyone's most anticipated maze for this year?

absolutely nobody will approve of this but mine is platform! I cannot wait to see what the improvements are for this year.

In terms of the 2 TWD mazes I'm probably in the lesser group again with sanctum being the one I'm looking forwards to more.

Only 3 days to go now...

Don't think the theming picture is getting enough love.  Thorpe have demonstrated time and time again that they can do excellently themed set pieces in their mazes, and almost always do.  The snippets we've seen from Living Nightmare prove that it'll be no different.  

As my the maze I'm most looking forward to this year...The Big Top is my choice.  As I've explained in the past, though I'm sure I'll enjoy them, I have reservations about TWD mazes.  I'm looking forward to Platform's improvements but after last year, you need to keep expectations realistic.  Saw will be Saw, and Containment will be Containment.  It feels like Thorpe are trying to make Big Top their headline thing, the maze that'll be back year-in, year-out, and will always deliver.  Essentially the equivalent of what Asylum was, and what Tower of the Terrors currently is.  And if there's supposedly enhancements / changes, I'm all geared up for them...

Haven't watched the video (cos spoilers), but I always find it a shame when parks spoil their own attractions.  Hope it doesn't show too much. 

*puts Mod hat on*

With Fright Nights fast approaching and more members than ever going to the Media Preview, if people want a spoiler thread set up to help avoid spoilers, whilst still allowing spoiler-conversation to flow, please go ahead and set one up for now...

24 minutes ago, OliIzzy said:

Another video containing an insane amount of SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS! I agree it seems like they would want to wait until the public nights start before these become available to view 

also couldnt find the spoiler tag on my phone so I thought bold and underline would do ?

You’d assume the park wouldn’t want it public until at least Thursday night but they’ve done a blog and linked to his blog and video.

https://www.thorpepark.com/blog/how-to-become-a-walker

I took a peek at both of the POVS and I think it looks pretty promising..

If Living Nightmare is linear I think its for the better..

As Cabin last year was a nightmare with stacking, it actually ruined the maze for me last year.

I think both look pretty good, though obviously I can't fully judge it until I experience it myself.

• JoshC. unpinned this topic